For those Jeep owners with the stock radio with no amp or sub who want HUGE improvement over the stock speakers without replacing the HeadUnit.
- I ordered the MOPAR KICKER 77Kick10 6.5 speakers for 65 a pair to replace the front and rear soundbar speakers.
- First I installed the rear because those were very easy. Sound was a slight improvement sitting in the back seat (stock radio somewhat mutes the rear for some reason) but volume increased with better bass and clarity (no rattle).
- Next I replaced the front speakers (used instructions that came with speakers) Note do right speaker first cause this was the easiest and then do the left a liitle pain in the butt and I used the cardboard that came with the speakers to hold the cover dash panel open so I could get to the screws..take off or unstrap the left door to give you more room to work.
- The top screw holding the speaker in remove first and install last.
- The sound with all 4 speakers was incredible over stock...much better high, crisp, sounds like a small sub has been added.
- Next I found out that the 2 tweeters upfront could be replaced with JW-JKTWEET super tweeters with included crossovers and installed them. Sound is even better than stock.
Overall I am extremely pleased with this setup. You could get away without replacing the the rear speakers but the front and tweeters make the JK much better than stock at a great price.