Building out my JKU 2013 Rubicon - Adventure Bound - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Building out my JKU 2013 Rubicon - Adventure Bound

Got my JKU 2013 Rubicon last summer (pic attached of the current stock setup). Been stalking the forums and doing a bunch of research, and finally pulled the trigger on the core mods today.

Because I work remote and can do my job from anywhere - a couple months ago I woke up and said to myself - "wtf am i doing here? i could be ANYWHERE right now". So, I put in notice on my apartment, picked out a bunch of mods, and will be driving around the country hitting every off-road spot and rolling with any jeep crew i can find starting June 1.

Since I'm doing a bunch of on-road driving, I decided to go with the AEV 3.5" SC kit. I was originally going to go with a RK X-Factor, but after a lot of research it seems like AEV was a good choice for me given the amount of on-road driving i'll be doing from place to place.

Here's the full list:

- AEV 3.5" JK Dualsport SC Suspension
- Coast JK 1310 Front Drive Shaft
- AEV JK 2007-13 Savegre Wheels
- Goodyear Duratrac 35" Tires
- AEV JK Premium Front Bumper
- AEV JK Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier
- Warn 7" Wireless HID Driving Lamp Kit
- Warn Zeon 10-S Winch

AEV-Heavy I know - but I always liked their bumpers. It was the lift kit that I ended up going back to them on. The 5 gallon water reservoir and pump kit in the rear bumper will come in handy, since I've got a 120lb rottweiler coming with me that drinks a shitload of water. Talked to a few people that all individually recommended the Duratracs, so I'm going with those wrapped around the Savegres. Nearly got XD Addicts instead, but the Savegres won me over in the end.

Doing the install at Steve's Jeep Country in Epsom, NH next Tuesday. Read a lot of good things about them, and he's been great to deal with so far. Got the parts from Northridge. They were super-helpful. Spent a bunch of time going through all of the stuff I picked out, and they had a lot of insight based on actual experience. Can't beat that free shipping either.

Anyhow, the plan is to work my way down the east coast, then across the south. Found some good spots in VA, PA, and NC on the East Coast. Definitely going to spend some time in Moab once I get around that way, and after that going to work my way up the west coast to hit the Rubicon trail. After that, some stop in Wyoming, Montana, and then who knows. I'm trying not to plan it out too much - just going wherever the dirt takes me.

I'll be sure to get some pics up here post-install. Will be posting a bunch of stuff once I hit the road in seperate threads. Most people here at home think I'm nuts - but I figure at least on here I'm in good company

Hoping to link up with some local jeep clubs when I get to different spots. I plan on staying in each place for at least a few weeks. Hopefully I'll get to meet up and wheel out with some of you. If you know of any must-go spots anywhere - let me know!

-jt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rubicon.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	244690  

jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 38
Sounds like fun! Wish I had that capability (working where ever). I'm subscribing to this thread, can't wait to see updates!

Chipmunk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 63
Nice
Mugenfred is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
MacCTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 595
Nice, sounds like a cool adventure.
MacCTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Power up

Buildout is done. Many thanks to Steve, Justin, and Mike over at Steve's Jeep Country in Epsom NH. They did a killer job for a great price. Will be taking it up to VT next weekend for some off-road fun, but I can say so far that the on-road ride is really good - better than stock. Couldn't be happier




jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
Let us know what you think of the lift, I'm looking at the 3.5 rs aev kit.
Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Until next weekend all I can speak to is the on-road ride, which is definitely much improved - surprising after adding a 3.5" lift and upping the tire size three inches, but lines up with everything I heard about the AEV kit from others that have installed it. I'm super happy.

As far as the RS vs. the SC - the only difference between the two are the shocks. The RS has a remote reservoir that will only help if you're doing long, fast, bumpy rides in extreme heat. Wasn't really something I needed to worry about, so I saved myself the extra $450.

I'll definitely post some updates and pics next weekend once I get muddy
jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
HRPinDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 329
Nice ride and awesome adventure. I'll admit to being a little jealous. Are you planning to camp out or stay in motels/hotels? Good luck and keep us posted.
__________________
'13 JKUR, Billet
'88 YJ w/ 4" lift and 33's - Gone but not forgotten
HRPinDC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPinDC View Post
Nice ride and awesome adventure. I'll admit to being a little jealous. Are you planning to camp out or stay in motels/hotels? Good luck and keep us posted.
Going to be a little bit of a mix. Since I'm leaving my apartment the monthly rent I was paying is freed up, so I've been looking at homeaway and airbnb for weekly / monthly house rentals and have been finding a lot of great places at really good rates so that's mostly what I'm planning. That said - I'm definitely bringing some camping gear and plan on doing some multi-day expeditions and camping out.
jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Pipper99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North Richland Hills, TX
Posts: 136
Love the jeep! Now I really want to see the Rottweiler.
Pipper99 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Rtone1583's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 414
Got to say that I'm somewhat jealous. I built mine to take me as far up in the mountains as I can get while carrying the neccesities for a few days of primitive camping but would love to bounce around to different spots.

This is its current state. Unfortunately I haven't been home much in the last couple of years so I haven't been able to properly play with it.

Rtone1583 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
TrueBlueJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 531
Awesome!!! I would love to be able to just pick up and leave like that. Subscribed.
TrueBlueJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipper99 View Post
Love the jeep! Now I really want to see the Rottweiler.
Meet Loki. Rottweiler / Off-Road Enthusiast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loki_woods.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	251428   Click image for larger version

Name:	loki_snow.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	251429  

jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #14
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
County98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 529
Looks great and sounds like a fine adventure!
__________________
Cheers!
-USAF Retired

2013 CG Rubi, AEV Hood, AEV 2.5", ACE Sliders, Method Wheels, Rockhard Skid, Teraflex Hinge
County98 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Off Pavement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Silver State
Posts: 592
Nice lookin' Jeep. The Pahrump Valley 4 Wheelers - Pahrump, Nevada knows of some wheelin' around Southern Nevada, especially west of Las Vegas. If you are in the area during cooler weather, Death Valley National Park has hundreds of miles of easy to moderate 4x4 trails.

Not a busy website, but look us up online... Pahrump Valley 4 Wheelers
__________________
The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved
Off Pavement is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Pavement View Post
Nice lookin' Jeep. The Pahrump Valley 4 Wheelers - Pahrump, Nevada knows of some wheelin' around Southern Nevada, especially west of Las Vegas. If you are in the area during cooler weather, Death Valley National Park has hundreds of miles of easy to moderate 4x4 trails.

Not a busy website, but look us up online... Pahrump Valley 4 Wheelers
Awesome! I'll get in touch with you guys up when I get to NV. Looks like you guys hit some great spots from the galleries on your site. I'm in!
jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
HRPinDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 329
Loki is a good lookin boy! I've had two Rotties, my big boy was 145 lbs. I love them, but my wife nixed the idea of another. So we have a boxer mix now. Enjoy your travels.
__________________
'13 JKUR, Billet
'88 YJ w/ 4" lift and 33's - Gone but not forgotten
HRPinDC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Finally got some mud on it this past weekend. Took it up to VT to make sure everything was on the up and up before taking off. Ran like a boss. Some pictures and a video link attached.

Off Road in VT - YouTube





jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
5150Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt12 View Post
Got my JKU 2013 Rubicon last summer (pic attached of the current stock setup). Been stalking the forums and doing a bunch of research, and finally pulled the trigger on the core mods today.

Because I work remote and can do my job from anywhere - a couple months ago I woke up and said to myself - "wtf am i doing here? i could be ANYWHERE right now". So, I put in notice on my apartment, picked out a bunch of mods, and will be driving around the country hitting every off-road spot and rolling with any jeep crew i can find starting June 1.

Since I'm doing a bunch of on-road driving, I decided to go with the AEV 3.5" SC kit. I was originally going to go with a RK X-Factor, but after a lot of research it seems like AEV was a good choice for me given the amount of on-road driving i'll be doing from place to place.

Here's the full list:

- AEV 3.5" JK Dualsport SC Suspension
- Coast JK 1310 Front Drive Shaft
- AEV JK 2007-13 Savegre Wheels
- Goodyear Duratrac 35" Tires
- AEV JK Premium Front Bumper
- AEV JK Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier
- Warn 7" Wireless HID Driving Lamp Kit
- Warn Zeon 10-S Winch

AEV-Heavy I know - but I always liked their bumpers. It was the lift kit that I ended up going back to them on. The 5 gallon water reservoir and pump kit in the rear bumper will come in handy, since I've got a 120lb rottweiler coming with me that drinks a shitload of water. Talked to a few people that all individually recommended the Duratracs, so I'm going with those wrapped around the Savegres. Nearly got XD Addicts instead, but the Savegres won me over in the end.

Doing the install at Steve's Jeep Country in Epsom, NH next Tuesday. Read a lot of good things about them, and he's been great to deal with so far. Got the parts from Northridge. They were super-helpful. Spent a bunch of time going through all of the stuff I picked out, and they had a lot of insight based on actual experience. Can't beat that free shipping either.

Anyhow, the plan is to work my way down the east coast, then across the south. Found some good spots in VA, PA, and NC on the East Coast. Definitely going to spend some time in Moab once I get around that way, and after that going to work my way up the west coast to hit the Rubicon trail. After that, some stop in Wyoming, Montana, and then who knows. I'm trying not to plan it out too much - just going wherever the dirt takes me.

I'll be sure to get some pics up here post-install. Will be posting a bunch of stuff once I hit the road in seperate threads. Most people here at home think I'm nuts - but I figure at least on here I'm in good company

Hoping to link up with some local jeep clubs when I get to different spots. I plan on staying in each place for at least a few weeks. Hopefully I'll get to meet up and wheel out with some of you. If you know of any must-go spots anywhere - let me know!

-jt
awesome adventure and awesome build. I love your list of mods (its like you saw mine ). I have a jkur too. Are you concerned about strengthening any other parts (trussing/resleeving, etc) with the 35's or are you wheelin' it with just the list you provided? Thanks so much and have fun!
__________________
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"
5150Rubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2013, 03:41 AM   #20
Newb
 
Rubicon AU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150Rubicon View Post

awesome adventure and awesome build. I love your list of mods (its like you saw mine ). I have a jkur too. Are you concerned about strengthening any other parts (trussing/resleeving, etc) with the 35's or are you wheelin' it with just the list you provided? Thanks so much and have fun!
How did the Xeon 10 fit into the aev bumper?
I was looking at the ctis but like the xeon.

Thanks Wes
Rubicon AU is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2013, 03:46 AM   #21
Newb
 
Rubicon AU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt12 View Post
Got my JKU 2013 Rubicon last summer (pic attached of the current stock setup). Been stalking the forums and doing a bunch of research, and finally pulled the trigger on the core mods today.

Because I work remote and can do my job from anywhere - a couple months ago I woke up and said to myself - "wtf am i doing here? i could be ANYWHERE right now". So, I put in notice on my apartment, picked out a bunch of mods, and will be driving around the country hitting every off-road spot and rolling with any jeep crew i can find starting June 1.

Since I'm doing a bunch of on-road driving, I decided to go with the AEV 3.5" SC kit. I was originally going to go with a RK X-Factor, but after a lot of research it seems like AEV was a good choice for me given the amount of on-road driving i'll be doing from place to place.

Here's the full list:

- AEV 3.5" JK Dualsport SC Suspension
- Coast JK 1310 Front Drive Shaft
- AEV JK 2007-13 Savegre Wheels
- Goodyear Duratrac 35" Tires
- AEV JK Premium Front Bumper
- AEV JK Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier
- Warn 7" Wireless HID Driving Lamp Kit
- Warn Zeon 10-S Winch

AEV-Heavy I know - but I always liked their bumpers. It was the lift kit that I ended up going back to them on. The 5 gallon water reservoir and pump kit in the rear bumper will come in handy, since I've got a 120lb rottweiler coming with me that drinks a shitload of water. Talked to a few people that all individually recommended the Duratracs, so I'm going with those wrapped around the Savegres. Nearly got XD Addicts instead, but the Savegres won me over in the end.

Doing the install at Steve's Jeep Country in Epsom, NH next Tuesday. Read a lot of good things about them, and he's been great to deal with so far. Got the parts from Northridge. They were super-helpful. Spent a bunch of time going through all of the stuff I picked out, and they had a lot of insight based on actual experience. Can't beat that free shipping either.

Anyhow, the plan is to work my way down the east coast, then across the south. Found some good spots in VA, PA, and NC on the East Coast. Definitely going to spend some time in Moab once I get around that way, and after that going to work my way up the west coast to hit the Rubicon trail. After that, some stop in Wyoming, Montana, and then who knows. I'm trying not to plan it out too much - just going wherever the dirt takes me.

I'll be sure to get some pics up here post-install. Will be posting a bunch of stuff once I hit the road in seperate threads. Most people here at home think I'm nuts - but I figure at least on here I'm in good company

Hoping to link up with some local jeep clubs when I get to different spots. I plan on staying in each place for at least a few weeks. Hopefully I'll get to meet up and wheel out with some of you. If you know of any must-go spots anywhere - let me know!

-jt
Hi how did the zeon 10 winch fit the aev bumper? Any mods needed?
Rubicon AU is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2013, 06:22 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150Rubicon View Post
awesome adventure and awesome build. I love your list of mods (its like you saw mine ). I have a jkur too. Are you concerned about strengthening any other parts (trussing/resleeving, etc) with the 35's or are you wheelin' it with just the list you provided? Thanks so much and have fun!
Yeah definitely a concern. I'm looking at adding some armor in general underneath - as I don't think whats down there now is going to be enough for some of the hairier spots. Haven't decided on the specific truss and/or sleeve approach yet. Still researching. Any tips/info/research you've done already and feel like sharing i'll take!

Probably going to switch out the factory brakelines for stainless steel. Also was looking at the AEV front skid plate. Since you've got the same front bumper, that one could be worth your while.
jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon AU View Post
Hi how did the zeon 10 winch fit the aev bumper? Any mods needed?
Fits perfectly if you opt-in for the winch mount that AEV makes as an add-on for the bumper. That winch is a beast btw. Winched myself out of a mud-pit on saturday like it was nothing, and then used it to move a huge tree that had fallen across the trail.
jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #24
Newb
 
Rubicon AU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Thanks for the reply, i have the aev winch plate in the bumper and only just installed it. When checking aev forum they said some trim maybe needed. It is excellent news u fit without modification, so you didn't need to relocate the cillonod to accommodate your lights? Would be great if you can add a photo of this as allot of guys are questioning if this one will fit.
Rubicon AU is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
Flint_Holbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clover
Posts: 134
I highly suggest some additional modifications.
1. Rock sliders (I know the stock one are there but really need to add a set based on where you are going) ( I added a Set of Ace sliders to my "13 Ruby)
2. Skids....Oil pan, Transmission, Transfer Case replacement (I added Rock Hard skids), maybe gas tank replacement skid (left mine stock), and for sure a sway bar motor skid (I used Rugged Ridge)
3. Add the C-gussets at a minimum (I used the Terraflex weld in ones and am running 35's)
4. upgrade your diff covers (I installed Solid Axle Diff Covers)
5. I assume the AEV lift relocated your steering stabilizer (my AEV 2.5 inch lift did not) (I used the Synergy relocation brackets with a Bilstien stabilizer)
6. Lower Front Control Arm skids will serve you well (I used a weld on set)

You will appreciate these mods when you run Tracy City TN with the Damn Locals Club, or Wiindrock at Oliver Springs, TN , or Golden Mtn at Sparta, TN with Southern Four Wheel Drive Association, UwHarrie, NC, or Potts Mtn, VA (Scheduled for July 13), with the Carolina Trail Blazers, or Black Mountain with the Kentucky Mountain Crawlers, Beasley's Knob, Ga with the Georgia Bounty Runners or Hawks Pride in Alabama and of course many of the western trails.

Have fun and I hope to see you on a trail somewhere. Sounds like a great plan!
Flint_Holbrook is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon AU View Post
Thanks for the reply, i have the aev winch plate in the bumper and only just installed it. When checking aev forum they said some trim maybe needed. It is excellent news u fit without modification, so you didn't need to relocate the cillonod to accommodate your lights? Would be great if you can add a photo of this as allot of guys are questioning if this one will fit.
Here are some pics. I didn't do the install myself, so I can't say 100% that nothing was trimmed - but I don't think so. I can check.





jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint_Holbrook View Post
I highly suggest some additional modifications.
1. Rock sliders (I know the stock one are there but really need to add a set based on where you are going) ( I added a Set of Ace sliders to my "13 Ruby)
2. Skids....Oil pan, Transmission, Transfer Case replacement (I added Rock Hard skids), maybe gas tank replacement skid (left mine stock), and for sure a sway bar motor skid (I used Rugged Ridge)
3. Add the C-gussets at a minimum (I used the Terraflex weld in ones and am running 35's)
4. upgrade your diff covers (I installed Solid Axle Diff Covers)
5. I assume the AEV lift relocated your steering stabilizer (my AEV 2.5 inch lift did not) (I used the Synergy relocation brackets with a Bilstien stabilizer)
6. Lower Front Control Arm skids will serve you well (I used a weld on set)

You will appreciate these mods when you run Tracy City TN with the Damn Locals Club, or Wiindrock at Oliver Springs, TN , or Golden Mtn at Sparta, TN with Southern Four Wheel Drive Association, UwHarrie, NC, or Potts Mtn, VA (Scheduled for July 13), with the Carolina Trail Blazers, or Black Mountain with the Kentucky Mountain Crawlers, Beasley's Knob, Ga with the Georgia Bounty Runners or Hawks Pride in Alabama and of course many of the western trails.

Have fun and I hope to see you on a trail somewhere. Sounds like a great plan!
Thanks for all the great info! Super helpful. Been trying to prioritize the armor and other miscellaneous stuff as my bank account is still recovering from round #1 Hadn't been factoring the rock sliders in because I thought the stocks were enough - really good to know. Thinking that I'll probably start with those, the AEV front skid, and EVAP canister (since its fairly low cost). After that, probably go for the diff covers, oil pan, and transfer case. Will probably truss last. After some quick poking around here's what I "bookmarked". Any thoughts / feedback / ideas would be great

EVAP Canister - Poison Spyder JK EVAP Skid

Rock Sliders - Hanson JK 4-Door Rock Sliders -

Diff Covers - ARB Front/Rear Dana 44 Package

Front Skid - AEV Front Skid

Oil Pan Skid - Synergy Jeep JK Skid Plate

Transfer Case - Synergy Jeep JK Skid Plate

I'm going to be down in the southeast soon. Looks like you've got the inside track on who to connect with. Would be great if I could drop you a line when I get in the area for some pointers if you don't mind!
jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Did one last run this past weekend in Westford, VT before heading south. Got some good footage

Westford Run - YouTube
jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
Haven't been as active posting as I have been in traveling the last couple months, but that's about to change. So far I've hit Boone NC, Hot Springs AK (Superlift), Albuqueque NM, and now Lake Tahoe for the Rubicon Jamboree this weekend. I'm going to create a seperate thread for each spot, but i'll post the links in this one for anyone subscribed. I only got pictures (no video) from Superlift, but I just opened up the box on a new gopro camera - so i'm planning on having some good footage from the rubicon jamboree that I'll post.
jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
jt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38
BTW - Right now the general travel plan is as follows (i'm kind of heading in various directions based on where the different jamborees are - mostly because being solo its an easy way to link up with some big groups - and because i like to party ;D).

- Rubicon Trail - August 8th to 11th
- Big Horn Mountain - August 29th to 31st
- Black Hills / Deadwood - Sept 5th to 7th
- Ouray Colorado - September 12th to 14th
- Death Valley and some other Socal Spots - 3rd Week of September
- Moab - October 17th to October 19th
- Williamsburg, KY - October 24th to 26th
- Cullman AL - Oct 31st to Nov 2nd

These are all of the big events that I'll be hitting, and I'm basically find places / people in and around the areas to wheel with in spots other than the event.

Not fully armored up yet - Still building it out as I go. To expensive to just do everything at once. Would like to have a little more extra armor going into the rubicon this weekend, but i'm not too worried. Added the AEV Front Skid a few weeks back while I was in Boone @ Rubitrux. Will be adding the axle trusses, c gussets, and diff covers in a couple of weeks. My buddy has a really nice setup a few hours from here with his own lift and cutting/fabrication setup, so I'm having the stuff shipped over to him and we'll spend the weekend on that.

Anyone planning on being at any of these events let me know. Would be great to link up.

jt12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC