Bypass the DVD lockout while in drive - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Tammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 313
Bypass the DVD lockout while in drive

Who knows how to bypass the DVD player so u can play it while driving??

__________________
Wavey
Tammy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Wrangler_Man11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South TEXAS
Posts: 820

Good question, I need this answer as well.

__________________
What's that noise......
Wrangler_Man11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 213
You need it? Really?
Fishin Cricket is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Camden, AR
Posts: 445
Lockpick CHR550. I think. I know it's a Lockpick, and I think it's CHR550. Google Chrysler lockpick.

http://www.costaltech.com/mygig.htm
rivershark2005 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
rics1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol, Tn
Posts: 4,764
You can get a lockpick which is expensive but it is the only fix at this point other then an aftermarket head unit. One of the reason I didn't get the premium system. Even the Amp is programmed to have limits. Takes a lot just to get the system to work the way you want it. While an aftermarket unit is usually better and doesn't have this restrictions. And really not much different in price in the long run.
__________________
2010 Dark Charcoal Pearl Jeep Wrangler Sport S Automatic
4.88 Yukon w/Trac-Lok rear and Eaton ELocker Front - Synergy Gussets - B&M 70264 Trans Cooler
BDS 3" lift - BDS Fox 2.0 Racing Shocks
XHD front Bumper - Trektop NX - Goodyear MT/R w/Kevlar 35X12.5X15 on MB Chaos 5 Wheels - Thrush Turbo Muffler

Become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
rics1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
JeeperSter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Where Governors go to prison - Often
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by rics1997 View Post
You can get a lockpick which is expensive but it is the only fix at this point other then an aftermarket head unit. One of the reason I didn't get the premium system. Even the Amp is programmed to have limits. Takes a lot just to get the system to work the way you want it. While an aftermarket unit is usually better and doesn't have this restrictions. And really not much different in price in the long run.
^
This X2
__________________
You can take a jeeper out of the jeep...but you cannot take the jeep, out of the jeeper
People are like slinky's- there fun to watch when you push them down the stairs
JeeperSter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rics1997 View Post
You can get a lockpick which is expensive but it is the only fix at this point other then an aftermarket head unit. One of the reason I didn't get the premium system. Even the Amp is programmed to have limits. Takes a lot just to get the system to work the way you want it. While an aftermarket unit is usually better and doesn't have this restrictions. And really not much different in price in the long run.
True. My only concern is that aftermarket gear in general is a theft magnet. Thieves seem to be less impressed with factory units. Maybe they know their limited too!
ridetime is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Tammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by rics1997
You can get a lockpick which is expensive but it is the only fix at this point other then an aftermarket head unit. One of the reason I didn't get the premium system. Even the Amp is programmed to have limits. Takes a lot just to get the system to work the way you want it. While an aftermarket unit is usually better and doesn't have this restrictions. And really not much different in price in the long run.
Ok thanks.
Takin jeep on a road trip and want passengers to be able to watch a dvd.
I will ck into it. Thanks.
__________________
Wavey
Tammy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Ok thanks.
Takin jeep on a road trip and want passengers to be able to watch a dvd.
I will ck into it. Thanks.
So bring a laptop? lol

You sure you aren't gonna watch the movie too, maybe just a lil bit? Or, like, just on the straightaways err sumpthin....
Fishin Cricket is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
derfC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Space Coast, FL
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin Cricket View Post
You sure you aren't gonna watch the movie too, maybe just a lil bit? Or, like, just on the straightaways err sumpthin....
I put a Pioneer dvd player in my JKU & added a relay that bypasses the brake lead (tricks the radio into thinking that the brake is on). Whenever our daughter rides in the Jeep, she asks to watch the Bugs Bunny cartoons that I've got on a flash drive & let me tell you, it's HARD not to look over at that d@mned screen.

That being said, with most systems you can run the video to a separate screen w/o bothering with the brake bypass. Perhaps that's possible with the stock unit as well?
__________________

derfC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
NeitherFanboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Humble, Texas
Posts: 260
I had an aftermarket unit and did the same trick, grounded the wire that normally attaches to the parking brake so "my passengers" could watch DVDs while driving. Very first time I tried it I almost drove off the rode 4 times. Every few seconds I'd find myself looking at that stupid screen and not the road! LOL
NeitherFanboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Tammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin Cricket

So bring a laptop? lol

You sure you aren't gonna watch the movie too, maybe just a lil bit? Or, like, just on the straightaways err sumpthin....
Hahahaha u just nevah know.
__________________
Wavey
Tammy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Tammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by derfC

I put a Pioneer dvd player in my JKU & added a relay that bypasses the brake lead (tricks the radio into thinking that the brake is on). Whenever our daughter rides in the Jeep, she asks to watch the Bugs Bunny cartoons that I've got on a flash drive & let me tell you, it's HARD not to look over at that d@mned screen.

That being said, with most systems you can run the video to a separate screen w/o bothering with the brake bypass. Perhaps that's possible with the stock unit as well?
Hahahahahaha. I bet it is hard.
I will try it thanks
__________________
Wavey
Tammy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
Tammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeitherFanboy
I had an aftermarket unit and did the same trick, grounded the wire that normally attaches to the parking brake so "my passengers" could watch DVDs while driving. Very first time I tried it I almost drove off the rode 4 times. Every few seconds I'd find myself looking at that stupid screen and not the road! LOL
I hear ya. So maybe I shouldnt do it. Dont wanna wreck my sweet jeep
__________________
Wavey
Tammy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
j0nx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NoVa
Posts: 848
You bypass that lockout and get in a wreck even if you weren't watching the video then you're in a world of hurt with your insurance company and possibly the police when they arrive and a video is still playing or if they investigate. Even if it had nothing to do with the wreck. Not a good idea.
__________________
Natural Green 2012 JKU Sport with S Package | Freedom Top | Auto | Side Steps | Max Tow | Connectivity | Remote Start
j0nx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nx View Post
You bypass that lockout and get in a wreck even if you weren't watching the video then you're in a world of hurt with your insurance company and possibly the police when they arrive and a video is still playing or if they investigate. Even if it had nothing to do with the wreck. Not a good idea.

Good point. With every car wreck I've seen the police always send out the entire CSI team and spend unlimited man hours disassembling, reassembling and testing every aspect of the vehicles involved until they figure out exactly what might have contributed to the crash.
SeattleSeven is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
j0nx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NoVa
Posts: 848
If it's a fatality or a serious wreck you bet they investigate. I wasn't referring to a fender bender Even then some times kids can inadvertently spill the beans about things like that. I'm just saying watch out it's not advisable.
__________________
Natural Green 2012 JKU Sport with S Package | Freedom Top | Auto | Side Steps | Max Tow | Connectivity | Remote Start
j0nx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Tammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nx
If it's a fatality or a serious wreck you bet they investigate. I wasn't referring to a fender bender Even then some times kids can inadvertently spill the beans about things like that. I'm just saying watch out it's not advisable.
Didnt even think abt that. Thanks
__________________
Wavey
Tammy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
-JC-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wenatchee WA
Posts: 319
Are you sure you can watch a DVD while texting?
__________________
'12 JKR
Metalcloak Duroflex 3.5"
OME shocks
35X12.5X17 BFG KM2 on Blackrock Vipers
Hardrock Front and rear full width bumper w tire carrier
M8000s winch
-JC- is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Tammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JC-
Are you sure you can watch a DVD while texting?
Hahaha
Maybe if I drive with my knee 😁
__________________
Wavey
Tammy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
How about getting to play in Park. It doesnt work at all on my Jeep
jeepguy8888 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #22
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
quiero ver mi dvd cuando manejo que ago tengo un 2013 jeep ayudaaaaaa
carlos b is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
ilikeguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos b View Post
quiero ver mi dvd cuando manejo que ago tengo un 2013 jeep ayudaaaaaa
This guy's computer has the same problem that my tv does on a few channels..
ilikeguns is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Beach, California
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy8888 View Post
How about getting to play in Park. It doesnt work at all on my Jeep
I'm pretty sure you have to have the e-brake pulled as well.

__________________
<font color=Navy><font color=Black>2013 TRUE BLUE Sahara


Bayouwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC