Cleaning the Soft top and window - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
FirstTimeJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 305
Cleaning the Soft top and window

I know there are other threads out there on this but none really addressed my question or if they did, i missed it.

I just put my soft top on my JKU and I'm curious about caring for it. I've read the recommendations about using separate cleaner for the top, and not using soap or ruff towels on the windows.

any other advice?

I generally use turtle wax zip wash on the body of my vehicles and it is fantastic. Is it ok to get that wash on the soft top or windows? Could I just clean the entire Jeep as normal using that?

Or, do I need to be more careful and just use the turtle wax wash on the body and something else for the soft top/windows?

__________________
2012 Sahara Unlimited
Black Leather, 430N, Dual Tops, Max Tow, 3.73 Gears, Connectivity, Heated Seats, Remote Start
FirstTimeJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Casotakar1229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,214
hope this helps:

bestop-product

Casotakar1229 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar1229 View Post
hope this helps:

bestop-product
For the windows, something like what Cas posted ^^^, and a microfiber cloth.

I use Aerospace 303 on the soft top canvas, scrubbed in with a soft bristle brush. I definitely think it would be a bad idea to get any type of wax-based cleaner on the soft top.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Casotakar1229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
For the windows, something like what Cas posted ^^^, and a microfiber cloth.

I use Aerospace 303 on the soft top canvas, scrubbed in with a soft bristle brush. I definitely think it would be a bad idea to get any type of wax-based cleaner on the soft top.
heard everyone talking about this 303 stuff. makes me wonder, why don't I have any?!
Casotakar1229 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar1229 View Post
heard everyone talking about this 303 stuff. makes me wonder, why don't I have any?!
Hit up a marine supply store. They should carry it.

It was designed for airplanes...pretty sure it adds 3-4 mph to a Jeep's top end.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Casotakar1229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
Hit up a marine supply store. They should carry it.

It was designed for airplanes...pretty sure it adds 3-4 mph to a Jeep's top end.
haha, love the MPH increase! looks like austin kayak and west marine carry it...I'll have to go get some tomorrow.
Casotakar1229 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar1229 View Post
haha, love the MPH increase! looks like austin kayak and west marine carry it...I'll have to go get some tomorrow.
I bought it mainly for fenders & bumpers, to keep em looking black. Noticed that it worked great on my powder coated sidesteps. Really made em look good. Then I thought, WTF, and used it on the Jeep body. Awesome!

Thinking very hard about using it as sauce in my next batch of pasta.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Casotakar1229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post

Thinking very hard about using it as sauce in my next batch of pasta.

lol...I'd think very hard about that then a bit harder...you might not be as witty anymore after eating 303...but, you've been surprised before with it's results, so I'm not going to tell you what do make your pasta sauce from!
Casotakar1229 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar1229 View Post
lol...I'd think very hard about that then a bit harder...you might not be as witty anymore after eating 303...but, you've been surprised before with it's results, so I'm not going to tell you what do make your pasta sauce from!
Little known fact: I'm a very accomplished cook, with kitchen gadgets ranging from a tagine (for Moroccan/African dishes) to a cabinet smoker (for the obvious.)

I suspect I could do something special with the 303. Might take a bit of experimentation, though. Or maybe it'd kill me. Hmm.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Casotakar1229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
Little known fact: I'm a very accomplished cook, with kitchen gadgets ranging from a tagine (for Moroccan/African dishes) to a cabinet smoker (for the obvious.)

I suspect I could do something special with the 303. Might take a bit of experimentation, though. Or maybe it'd kill me. Hmm.
haha nice, nice...you're just a jack of all trades. us Italians don't really follow recipes, we go by taste and smell for cooking...

I'll consider 303 an amazing cleaning product for now until you have some time to experiment in the kitchen.

Casotakar1229 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DFW Area Meet and Greet? Abner Ravenwood Texas Jeep Forum 85 11-10-2012 11:46 PM
Jeep FC and F-12 concepts - WOW Duma General Jeep Discussion 46 10-27-2012 06:58 AM
A Day in the Bush in Victoria Australia jono967 Trail Pics 13 04-03-2012 10:04 AM
new to the forum but not the life Terrapin WF New Member Check In 7 03-28-2012 01:22 PM
Boost or Lift??? Whats the difference? Mr.Phoenix General Jeep Discussion 9 03-27-2012 01:10 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC