Club WILLYS - Page 51 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-16-2014, 06:14 AM   #1501
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London/Mass
Posts: 62
Apologies for being over this thread before - but now that everyone is finally getting their new Jeep, did anyone order it with side-steps as a factory option? Can someone please post a pic?
I have heard there are many better aftermarket choices, but I'd like to just see what they put on the Willys. I'm assembling my build list and this might be an item, or not.

ron88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #1502
Jeeper
 
lanslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SE FL
Posts: 694
Does the auto-dimming rear view mirror, lighted floor and cup holders, cabin air filters, 120 MPH speedometer, and TPMS premium system that indicates the actual PSI in each tire included in the Willys?

lanslide is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 08:41 AM   #1503
Jeeper
 
papacub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanslide View Post
Does the auto-dimming rear view mirror, lighted floor and cup holders, cabin air filters, 120 MPH speedometer, and TPMS premium system that indicates the actual PSI in each tire included in the Willys?
Yes actual PSI of each tire is shown when you scroll through the EVIC system. Very nice.
papacub is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #1504
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
keviper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 2,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by papacub View Post
Yes actual PSI of each tire is shown when you scroll through the EVIC system. Very nice.
Papa, do you need the W package to get the autodim mirror? I know I won't get one due to the fact that I have half doors...I do know you get the EVIC either way though.
__________________

JKU Willys - Granite Crystal Half Doors
/_|o[___]o
[I---L-OllllllO-

()_)()_)=같=)_)
keviper1 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #1505
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
keviper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 2,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by adklin01 View Post
Me too. Do they always come with the brochure?
Nope, luck of the draw! I ordered multiple brochures and no luck! However, I can almost guarantee you that I will have one mailed to me AFTER I pick up my Jeep
__________________

JKU Willys - Granite Crystal Half Doors
/_|o[___]o
[I---L-OllllllO-

()_)()_)=같=)_)
keviper1 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #1506
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
keviper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 2,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron88 View Post
Apologies for being over this thread before - but now that everyone is finally getting their new Jeep, did anyone order it with side-steps as a factory option? Can someone please post a pic?
I have heard there are many better aftermarket choices, but I'd like to just see what they put on the Willys. I'm assembling my build list and this might be an item, or not.
If you need them, get after market ones that bolt into the rails. If you get the cheap plastic ones from a Sahara they will just break if you take your Jeep on a trail. There are several threads on after market steps on here, and tons of them are actually made just for the Rubicon rock rails which we have.
__________________

JKU Willys - Granite Crystal Half Doors
/_|o[___]o
[I---L-OllllllO-

()_)()_)=같=)_)
keviper1 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #1507
I Jeep, therefore I am

WF Supporting Member
 
SoCalRubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In a handbasket...
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by adklin01 View Post

Me too. Do they always come with the brochure?
I requested 2 brochures and no paper golden ticket in either one but I did receive it via email from Jeep so make sure you check your email, especially your junk/spam folder for it!
__________________
Not all who wander are lost...
SoCalRubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #1508
Jeeper
 
phoenixdown318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by keviper1 View Post
Nope, luck of the draw! I ordered multiple brochures and no luck! However, I can almost guarantee you that I will have one mailed to me AFTER I pick up my Jeep
This is true. My father bought his last Chrysler vehicle in 1999 and still gets the cash rewards annually.
__________________
2014 JKUWW Bright White
phoenixdown318 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #1509
I Jeep, therefore I am

WF Supporting Member
 
SoCalRubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In a handbasket...
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by keviper1 View Post

Nope, luck of the draw! I ordered multiple brochures and no luck! However, I can almost guarantee you that I will have one mailed to me AFTER I pick up my Jeep
Check your email!!! Mine came only 2 days before my Jeep was delivered! (That's the only good thing about my Jeep being delayed an extra 2 weeks)
__________________
Not all who wander are lost...
SoCalRubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #1510
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
keviper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 2,572
Price Protection FYI

All,

Seeing as this was a huge topic yesterday, I found this post from our nice young lady Starbrite.

2014 JK Order Waiting Room

Post 16809 is the one you want to read, and that info came straight from Pat at Fields Jeep in Chicago burbs, probably the most trust worthy car salesman you may ever meet in your life.

Take Stars advice and pick up the phone in front of your dealer and call IAMJEEP, my guess is they will quickly change their attitude over a price increase.
__________________

JKU Willys - Granite Crystal Half Doors
/_|o[___]o
[I---L-OllllllO-

()_)()_)=같=)_)
keviper1 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #1511
Jeeper
 
UB748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanslide View Post
Very nice!...but don't do it...keep it RUBICON!
X2

Don't touch those wheels, they look great! (in my opinion) And they are part of what makes it a Rubicon. Awesome looking Jeep btw, I'm getting Anvil myself.
UB748 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #1512
Jeeper
 
UB748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 194
Willys Ordered - expected delivery 4/28

2 Door
6-Speed MT
Anvil
Uconnect 430 + Alpine (good enough after hearing it)
Air Conditioning
Premium Sunrider Soft Top
Trailer Tow Group (i'm lazy)

Now I just need to order upgrades.

1. Black lug nuts
2. Stubby antenna
3. Seat covers
4. Uhhhhh, I think that's it. (until the bug takes over and my wallet empties)

Oh FYI for those of you looking for the $500 gift card with the brochure. Mine actually arrived separate from the brochure itself, probably 2 weeks later. So if you got the brochure in the mail and nothing else don't lose hope, it may still arrive like mine did.
UB748 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #1513
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
WillysGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRubicon View Post
I requested 2 brochures and no paper golden ticket in either one but I did receive it via email from Jeep so make sure you check your email, especially your junk/spam folder for it!

How long from when you requested the brochure to when the email came? Also, any magic to which box to check regarding how soon do you plan to buy a new vehicle?
WillysGal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #1514
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
WillysGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB748 View Post
Willys Ordered - expected delivery 4/28

2 Door
6-Speed MT
Anvil
Uconnect 430 + Alpine (good enough after hearing it)
Air Conditioning
Premium Sunrider Soft Top
Trailer Tow Group (i'm lazy)

Now I just need to order upgrades.

1. Black lug nuts
2. Stubby antenna
3. Seat covers
4. Uhhhhh, I think that's it. (until the bug takes over and my wallet empties)

Oh FYI for those of you looking for the $500 gift card with the brochure. Mine actually arrived separate from the brochure itself, probably 2 weeks later. So if you got the brochure in the mail and nothing else don't lose hope, it may still arrive like mine did.
When did you place your order? You are getting my hopes up that maybe it's not an 8 week wait.

Has anyone tried the stubby antenna? Reviews are mixed in terms of radio reception so I was uncertain about switching or wonder if the 13" would be better than the 5" antenna.
WillysGal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #1515
Jeeper
 
lanslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SE FL
Posts: 694
I have the 13" antenna X and it works perfectly in the city. I've never tried it at city limits though.
lanslide is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #1516
Jeeper
 
UB748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by adklin01 View Post
When did you place your order? You are getting my hopes up that maybe it's not an 8 week wait.

Has anyone tried the stubby antenna? Reviews are mixed in terms of radio reception so I was uncertain about switching or wonder if the 13" would be better than the 5" antenna.
I placed my order yesterday and the dealer said probably 6 weeks so my expected delivery date is just an estimate based on what most people have been saying plus what he said. Unfortunately there is no guarantee so I will just have to wait and see. It seems the stubby works for some and not others. I am planning on going with SiriusXM so the look is more important to me than the performance and it's so cheap.

Oh I'm also looking to add an aftermarket license plate holder for the front. I found this one "http://shop.bigmikesperformanceparts.com/2008-2014-Jeep-Wrangler-SNS48.htm" but man is it pricey. Has anyone found another cheaper alternative?
UB748 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #1517
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by keviper1 View Post
Nope, luck of the draw! I ordered multiple brochures and no luck! However, I can almost guarantee you that I will have one mailed to me AFTER I pick up my Jeep
Make sure you call (or have your dealer call) the Jeep Incentives hotline to see if you've been awarded a ticket but haven't received it yet. Someone posted the 800 number in the information thread within the last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adklin01 View Post
How long from when you requested the brochure to when the email came? Also, any magic to which box to check regarding how soon do you plan to buy a new vehicle?
I would check the 1-3 month box. Then they 'know' you're serious, and have time to get a golden ticket to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adklin01 View Post
Has anyone tried the stubby antenna? Reviews are mixed in terms of radio reception so I was uncertain about switching or wonder if the 13" would be better than the 5" antenna.
Mike and I both have the 13" Antenna X and we live about twenty five miles outside of town and we both have no issues with reception this far out.
__________________
2014 JKU FE - 'Celticon' - Hydro Blue Pearl - Auto - 3.73 - Premium Soft Top - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift w/Rancho 9000xl Shocks - 15" MBTKO/33" DuraTracs - TeraFlex Monster Trackbar/Adjustable LCAs - ACE Rock Sliders/Cargo Basket - Rampage Recovery Bumper - Crown Stainless Brake Lines - MORE Dead Pedal - Polk DB651/6501
My build thread: StarBrite's Celticon

Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 12:36 PM   #1518
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
WillysGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBrite View Post
Make sure you call (or have your dealer call) the Jeep Incentives hotline to see if you've been awarded a ticket but haven't received it yet. Someone posted the 800 number in the information thread within the last week.



I would check the 1-3 month box. Then they 'know' you're serious, and have time to get a golden ticket to you.



Mike and I both have the 13" Antenna X and we live about twenty five miles outside of town and we both have no issues with reception this far out.
Thanks for the feedback. 13" it will be, then! Was going to order that and the McGard locking lug set set from Amazon but prob need to wait so I can return if for some reason they don't work....
WillysGal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #1519
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by adklin01 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. 13" it will be, then! Was going to order that and the McGard locking lug set set from Amazon but prob need to wait so I can return if for some reason they don't work....
I hadn't even thought of the return window. That's probably a very smart idea.
__________________
2014 JKU FE - 'Celticon' - Hydro Blue Pearl - Auto - 3.73 - Premium Soft Top - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift w/Rancho 9000xl Shocks - 15" MBTKO/33" DuraTracs - TeraFlex Monster Trackbar/Adjustable LCAs - ACE Rock Sliders/Cargo Basket - Rampage Recovery Bumper - Crown Stainless Brake Lines - MORE Dead Pedal - Polk DB651/6501
My build thread: StarBrite's Celticon

Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #1520
Jeeper
 
lanslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SE FL
Posts: 694
I think the stock chrome lug nuts look great with the black Willys wheels. It's a nice bit of contrast.
lanslide is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #1521
Jeeper
 
phoenixdown318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanslide View Post
I think the stock chrome lug nuts look great with the black Willys wheels. It's a nice bit of contrast.
I might leave mine because I bordered in bright white.
__________________
2014 JKUWW Bright White
phoenixdown318 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #1522
Jeeper
 
chargermop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,766
Found this gem on the lot at the dealership where I got my jeep.




chargermop is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #1523
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
WillysGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by keviper1 View Post
All,

Seeing as this was a huge topic yesterday, I found this post from our nice young lady Starbrite.

2014 JK Order Waiting Room

Post 16809 is the one you want to read, and that info came straight from Pat at Fields Jeep in Chicago burbs, probably the most trust worthy car salesman you may ever meet in your life.

Take Stars advice and pick up the phone in front of your dealer and call IAMJEEP, my guess is they will quickly change their attitude over a price increase.
Sounds like you have to have a deposit though....so if anyone didn't put one down, go give them something! I pulled my order sheet from yesterday and indeed, it does have the note about prices are tentative so I was glad to read the post about the pricing protection. I'm asking for a copy of the placed order when I go pick up my check for the TJ tomorrow and drop off some of the old accessories. That way I'll know it's ordered, too. They said they'd place the order yesterday.
WillysGal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #1524
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
Talking Just ordered one too!

Hi Everyone!

Just ordered a Willy's through the dealer who found one nearby with everything I wanted! I attached a pdf of the window sticker. It's the White Willy's 2door (Not seeing many of them on here or online) w/ hard top, Alpine upgrade, no power doors or windows, auto trans. Dealer putting on the tow package.

Got it for 29,500 plus taxes. My first jeep. Coming in on the 20th!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf getWindowStickerPdfwillys.pdf (147.3 KB, 28 views)
operantconditioning is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #1525
Jeeper
 
chargermop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by operantconditioning View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just ordered a Willy's through the dealer who found one nearby with everything I wanted! I attached a pdf of the window sticker. It's the White Willy's 2door (Not seeing many of them on here or online) w/ hard top, Alpine upgrade, no power doors or windows, auto trans. Dealer putting on the tow package.

Got it for 29,500 plus taxes. My first jeep. Coming in on the 20th!
Congratulations can't wait to see some pics of it! :-)
chargermop is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #1526
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
WillysGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by operantconditioning View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just ordered a Willy's through the dealer who found one nearby with everything I wanted! I attached a pdf of the window sticker. It's the White Willy's 2door (Not seeing many of them on here or online) w/ hard top, Alpine upgrade, no power doors or windows, auto trans. Dealer putting on the tow package.

Got it for 29,500 plus taxes. My first jeep. Coming in on the 20th!
Congrats! Sounds like a great find!
WillysGal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #1527
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 17
Originally I was told an ETA of 3/24, then when I called this past Friday they said 3/17, I got a call Saturday the 15th that it was at the dealership and ready for pickup! It was actually there earlier than they estimated.


Miked1be is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #1528
Jeeper
 
Gunner53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by operantconditioning View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just ordered a Willy's through the dealer who found one nearby with everything I wanted! I attached a pdf of the window sticker. It's the White Willy's 2door (Not seeing many of them on here or online) w/ hard top, Alpine upgrade, no power doors or windows, auto trans. Dealer putting on the tow package.

Got it for 29,500 plus taxes. My first jeep. Coming in on the 20th!
I did the same thing, I was told the jeep will ready for pick in a few days. Its now been over 2 weeks and im still waiting for it to show up. I hope your dealer is better than who im dealing with.
Gunner53 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #1529
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
keviper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 2,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miked1be View Post
Originally I was told an ETA of 3/24, then when I called this past Friday they said 3/17, I got a call Saturday the 15th that it was at the dealership and ready for pickup! It was actually there earlier than they estimated.


Congrats! What day did you order?
__________________

JKU Willys - Granite Crystal Half Doors
/_|o[___]o
[I---L-OllllllO-

()_)()_)=같=)_)
keviper1 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #1530
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by keviper1 View Post
Congrats! What day did you order?
I ordered on Jan 28th, just under 7 weeks total.

__________________
2014 Anvil Wrangler Willys Wheeler edition
Miked1be is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC