Dietech/Quadratech mirrors - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
JerryJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lakewood Ranch
Posts: 1,307
Dietech/Quadratech mirrors

I have read the Dietech mirror relocation brackets are great. How are the Quadratech replacement mirrors? Has anyone paired the 2 together? I am looking for a relocation solution without having to take my factory mirrors on and off all the time. I'm also not a fan of the "motorcycle" type mirrors. Any help iwill be much appreciated.

JerryJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
tsamptrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 29
I looked high and low, searched the forums and finally decided on the following. I must say that I am totally impressed with the quality, workmanship, design and overall look. These brackets and mirrors allows you to use the factory location of the mirrors as it was designed.

I ordered the Black Highrock OE Mirrors



Then I ordered the DieTech OffRoad JK Mirror Brackets - The instructions are very detailed.





Bolted the two together.



Once bolted together I mounted them on the Jeep. Just needed to loosen the middle 13mm bolt in the upper door hinge and tighten once installed. Secure the nut on the bottom of the mirror post.









Fyi. I had the following supervising the whole operation.

Bella



Brody


tsamptrail is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 50
I am also very pleased with not only the quality but the function. They are like stock with a solid mount and the wind and road won't vibrate them out of whack like the other designs.
__________________
2012 Dozer Rubicon Unlimited, RC 3.5" Series II, RC Dual Stabilizers, Rock Solid Steering Box Brace and Adjustable trackbar, ARB Deluxe Front Bumper w/Warn M8000, Body Armor Rockcrawler Side guards, 35" Dick Cepek Mud Country's on Ion Alloys, KC Slimlites
prophet is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 436
Thanks for posting. These are on my list for sure!
__________________
A fine is a tax for doing something bad, a tax is a fine for doing something good.
BManz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
JerryJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lakewood Ranch
Posts: 1,307
Happy to see them at work. I just ordered them today and a second set of mirrors. I didn't want to keep taking a chance of scratching up my doors.
JerryJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Quadratec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 605
The Quadratec Mirrors will be on par with the Bestop HighRock Mirrors.

Both are in stock, PM me for a Promo Code
__________________
Quadratec Web Team

We Price Match, PM me for a quote

Forum Member Discounts

Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

Wrangler Parts | Wrangler Wheels | Wrangler Tires | Wrangler Lift Kits | Wrangler Bumpers | Wrangler Soft Tops
Quadratec is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
JerryJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lakewood Ranch
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsamptrail View Post
I looked high and low, searched the forums and finally decided on the following. I must say that I am totally impressed with the quality, workmanship, design and overall look. These brackets and mirrors allows you to use the factory location of the mirrors as it was designed.

I ordered the Black Highrock OE Mirrors

Then I ordered the DieTech OffRoad JK Mirror Brackets - The instructions are very detailed.

Bolted the two together.

Once bolted together I mounted them on the Jeep. Just needed to loosen the middle 13mm bolt in the upper door hinge and tighten once installed. Secure the nut on the bottom of the mirror post.

Fyi. I had the following supervising the whole operation.

Bella

Brody
I wish I could agree on the quailty. Got mine a minute ago and the paint is chipped on one and the thread end of pin is bent. I also figured they would have included screws. I may be sending them back and rethinking other options. On another note, my Quadratec mirrors look great!!



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130212_203511.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	209198



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130212_203524.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	209199
JerryJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
JerryJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lakewood Ranch
Posts: 1,307
Update: I contacted Dietech lastnight by email and they are shipping a new set today with a return label for the damaged ones. Great customer service but the packer should have never sent those out. Especially two damaged ones to the same customer. Lol
JerryJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
SaltySeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28
Would you be able to use the following mirrors with the DieTech mounts?


http://www.quadratec.com/products/13111_03X0_PG.htm
SaltySeats is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
JerryJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lakewood Ranch
Posts: 1,307
It doesn't look like it to me. I bought the Dietec mounts and the Quadratec mirrors for my 12. Do you already have the mirrors??
JerryJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
SaltySeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28
No I haven't purchased either yet.
SaltySeats is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
SaltySeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28
I figured the connecting arm would use the same style hardware as the stock mirrors and would connect to the DieTech the same way.
SaltySeats is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
JerryJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lakewood Ranch
Posts: 1,307
Here a picture of a factory bracket and the Dietec bracket. The mirror bracket slides into the two holes and secures with two bolts. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130219_154043.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	211888
JerryJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
SaltySeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28
Ahhh yea disregard total brain fart on my end! Wasn't looking at the DieTech part properly.
SaltySeats is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #15
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 413
For those of you looking for a set of replacement mirrors check these out! I called the company and talked with customer service and got them even cheaper because I rock! I got em for $58 for the pair including shipping

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Driver Left LH Manual Textured | eBay

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Passenger Right RH Manual Textured | eBay

That price is crazy cheap and for someone who wants a spare complete set of mirrors to pop in for when the doors come off this is the solution for them! Pair these with the Dietech mounts and you have a bad ass setup for under $130
__________________
Custom Paracord Grab Handles and Straps

Visit my Thread for more details and pictures

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/cus...ps-222183.html
Creepin__Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,966
That's great! Thanks.

I am now in need of a replacement set for my Bestop Highrock Element doors I just ordered. These should fit the bill nicely. And I won't need the Dietech mounts.


What number did you call and please teach me how to be awesome to save a few dollars. . What'd you say to them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin__Jeeper View Post
For those
of you looking for a set of replacement mirrors check these out! I called the company and talked with customer service and got them even cheaper because I rock! I got em for $58 for the pair including shipping

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Driver Left LH Manual Textured | eBay

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Passenger Right RH Manual Textured | eBay
__________________
kramer2k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin__Jeeper View Post
For those of you looking for a set of replacement mirrors check these out! I called the company and talked with customer service and got them even cheaper because I rock! I got em for $58 for the pair including shipping

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Driver Left LH Manual Textured | eBay

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Passenger Right RH Manual Textured | eBay

That price is crazy cheap and for someone who wants a spare complete set of mirrors to pop in for when the doors come off this is the solution for them! Pair these with the Dietech mounts and you have a bad ass setup for under $130
Outstanding!! Thanks for finding and posting that. For $65, it is worth at least checking them out. Now all I need to do is find the screws to mount them to the DieTech brackets.
greech is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #18
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by greech View Post
Outstanding!! Thanks for finding and posting that. For $65, it is worth at least checking them out. Now all I need to do is find the screws to mount them to the DieTech brackets.
The best advice I can give you is drive to an ace hardware or a small hardware store, not a home depot or lowes pop out one of your factory mirror bolts and take it inside with you to size it up and get 4 matching bolts, they don't have to be the torx head. Once you have them you can assemble the new setup and your good to go, Dont forget to put the stock bolt back in your door tho!
__________________
Custom Paracord Grab Handles and Straps

Visit my Thread for more details and pictures

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/cus...ps-222183.html
Creepin__Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #19
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k View Post
That's great! Thanks.

I am now in need of a replacement set for my Bestop Highrock Element doors I just ordered. These should fit the bill nicely. And I won't need the Dietech mounts.


What number did you call and please teach me how to be awesome to save a few dollars. . What'd you say to them?

I'm just not afraid to ask for a little extra discount when I order stuff. You will be surprised what some stores or shops will give just for asking

The ebay store that those are listed by is actually Quality Discount Truck Accessories and SUV Accessories - TruckChamp. I just did a Google search for L.O.F inc (seen in the pictures) and I found the company that way, I called up truck champ 1-888-244-5908 and talked with Lindsey she was really helpful in checking inventory and setting up the order, I asked her if I ordered them over the phone and didn't buy through eBay and paypal which ends up costing them money from the listing fee's and such if she could offer me these any cheaper and she said I can work out something for you she said she could do them for $58 shipped and I said Okay! within moments I had an email order confirmation and she said once they ship out tomorrow I will get tracking info.

Maybe someone there can do the same for you... Best of luck and I'll update this with my thoughts on the new mirrors.
__________________
Custom Paracord Grab Handles and Straps

Visit my Thread for more details and pictures

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/cus...ps-222183.html
Creepin__Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,966
Sweet! Just called up that place and got a pair of mirrors for my Bestop Highrock Element doors for $64 shipped.
__________________
kramer2k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #21
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 413
There ya go! I have ordered from that company before so maybe they saw that I spent a few bills with them and gave me a little extra?... anyway the ones I ordered shipped out today and should be here in by weeks end so I will post back in here.

I realized that I kinda thread jacked here and that's not like me, maybe I should start my own thread for the super cheap replacement mirrors and help out other Jeepers who might need these.
__________________
Custom Paracord Grab Handles and Straps

Visit my Thread for more details and pictures

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/cus...ps-222183.html
Creepin__Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
stryke-force's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: IL
Posts: 223
I use the dietech mounts and they work great. Had some brand...I think lange, and I didn't care for them at all.
stryke-force is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Y-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
Posts: 729
I thought I'd give a quick update. I called to place an order for mirrors, took the guy a few to understand I was asking for the price from online, at first he wanted to cut me a killer deal and give me both for $100, then I pointed him to their ebay store and the price of $32.80 each. Of course just after that he tells me the passenger side is sold out and he's not sure how long it will be before they get any in stock. I'll check back in a week. Thanks for the heads up on this deal.
__________________
2011 JKU Sahara, Sahara Tan, Leather, 3.73, Auto, Hard/Soft Top, SpiderWebShade, Dead Pedal
Coming soon: 2013 Rubi 10a Wheels, New Tires
Y-Guy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #24
Ggg
Jeeper
 
Ggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NW. IL
Posts: 305
Images: 2
Just another cheaper idea I use on my TJ, and it works as just well on JK's as well. I use a pair of long stem Harley mirrors. Insert them into the upper hinge and tighten the nut, done. I paid $10 for a used pair on ebay, and I used some left over wrinkle finish black paint to color them.
Ggg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Y-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
Posts: 729
I gave up on CongoAutoworld/TruckChamp as they don't have the passenger side mirror in stock it appears. I did use the part number that they showed on their website and after some googeling I found some for sale on Amazon. I'm always suspicious of 3rd party vendors on Amazon or even eBay. But they quickly shipped my mirrors and I'm tracking them, should have them in hand by July 5th. I bought them from AutoandArt on Amazon. Two pack for $65.92 with free shipping. Spiderwebshade should be here soon too.

New Side Mirror - OEM: 55077967AC, OEM: 55077966AC, Pair Set : Amazon.com : Automotive
__________________
2011 JKU Sahara, Sahara Tan, Leather, 3.73, Auto, Hard/Soft Top, SpiderWebShade, Dead Pedal
Coming soon: 2013 Rubi 10a Wheels, New Tires
Y-Guy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
DirtyTeddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggg View Post
Just another cheaper idea I use on my TJ, and it works as just well on JK's as well. I use a pair of long stem Harley mirrors. Insert them into the upper hinge and tighten the nut, done. I paid $10 for a used pair on ebay, and I used some left over wrinkle finish black paint to color them.
Can you post a picture of those please? I'm looking to do the same thing
__________________
RnR
DirtyTeddy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Y-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
Posts: 729
It took me another month from my last post to finally get the parts needed and the doors off. The mirrors from AutoandArt on Amazon are great, I can't tell there is any vibration of the mirrors even on some rougher roads in town.

The only frustration I had was dealing with Die-Tech. They are not exactly fast nor good about communication, the product itself is fine though. The frustration I had with them is the steel pin/screw that connects to the mirror and into the hinge on one of mine was bent from the shipping. I did suggest to them they should be shipped with the pin/screw removed as the weight of the mirrors the the brutes shipping had probably bent it. Beyond the bent pin I was irritated that I had emailed them 3 times, with no reply and called once. I was about ready to call Visa and have the charge put into dispute, that day I got a call and they apologized for not replying sooner. I get they are a small business and were probably on vacation, but change your voice mail, use email auto-reply - even a small business can look like a big business with a few simple tools. In the end they got the spare part out and I'm good to go.

Mirrors and the Die-Tech mounts are rock solid and look factory! I'm a happy camper. Thanks to those that posted earlier with your experiences.
__________________
2011 JKU Sahara, Sahara Tan, Leather, 3.73, Auto, Hard/Soft Top, SpiderWebShade, Dead Pedal
Coming soon: 2013 Rubi 10a Wheels, New Tires
Y-Guy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
JerryJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lakewood Ranch
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Guy View Post
It took me another month from my last post to finally get the parts needed and the doors off. The mirrors from AutoandArt on Amazon are great, I can't tell there is any vibration of the mirrors even on some rougher roads in town.

The only frustration I had was dealing with Die-Tech. They are not exactly fast nor good about communication, the product itself is fine though. The frustration I had with them is the steel pin/screw that connects to the mirror and into the hinge on one of mine was bent from the shipping. I did suggest to them they should be shipped with the pin/screw removed as the weight of the mirrors the the brutes shipping had probably bent it. Beyond the bent pin I was irritated that I had emailed them 3 times, with no reply and called once. I was about ready to call Visa and have the charge put into dispute, that day I got a call and they apologized for not replying sooner. I get they are a small business and were probably on vacation, but change your voice mail, use email auto-reply - even a small business can look like a big business with a few simple tools. In the end they got the spare part out and I'm good to go.

Mirrors and the Die-Tech mounts are rock solid and look factory! I'm a happy camper. Thanks to those that posted earlier with your experiences.
Same happened to me. They did however get right back to me and shipped the new one out right away. I bought qtec mirrors and o e vibrates. I will try to get them to replace it. I love the mounts and they're solid!
JerryJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
NHflannelman12JK76CJ5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lempster, NH
Posts: 70
For those who use the Q-Tech Relocation ones - it looks like they give a filler plate for the full door - just a little circle. Does anyone have experience with it? It doesn't look like it requires the plate to be welded on - so I'm curious how it stays (magnetic?).

thanks,
NHflannelman12JK76CJ5 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
JerryJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lakewood Ranch
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHflannelman12JK76CJ5 View Post
For those who use the Q-Tech Relocation ones - it looks like they give a filler plate for the full door - just a little circle. Does anyone have experience with it? It doesn't look like it requires the plate to be welded on - so I'm curious how it stays (magnetic?).

thanks,
I imagine it bolts up just like factory. I didn't want to keep removing the factory mirrors for risk of scratching the doors. I just bought an additional set of mirrors.

JerryJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC