Don't Shoot The Messenger - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 111
Don't Shoot The Messenger

I had occasion to speak with a Chrysler Corporate Trainer and asked him if the V6 Pentastar is coming in the 2012 Jeep Wrangler and he said definatley NOT. It might be in the 2013 Wrangler but that is not for sure yet. Everyone on this Fourm keeps saying it will be in the 2012 but I cannot find any current definative information on the Internet one way or the other. I would assume that a Corporate Trainer who's job is to travel the country calling on Dealerships would know the most current information.

cremaley is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
rics1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol, Tn
Posts: 4,764
Well the 3.8L engine plant is closing for sure. If they aren't putting in the 3.6L then what engine then. There is no more 3.8's. But that being said the CEO said the Wrangler would have a 3.6 in 2012 in two interviews now.

__________________
2010 Dark Charcoal Pearl Jeep Wrangler Sport S Automatic
4.88 Yukon w/Trac-Lok rear and Eaton ELocker Front - Synergy Gussets - B&M 70264 Trans Cooler
BDS 3" lift - BDS Fox 2.0 Racing Shocks
XHD front Bumper - Trektop NX - Goodyear MT/R w/Kevlar 35X12.5X15 on MB Chaos 5 Wheels - Thrush Turbo Muffler

Become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
rics1997 is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremaley View Post
I had occasion to speak with a Chrysler Corporate Trainer and asked him if the V6 Pentastar is coming in the 2012 Jeep Wrangler and he said definatley NOT. It might be in the 2013 Wrangler but that is not for sure yet. Everyone on this Fourm keeps saying it will be in the 2012 but I cannot find any current definative information on the Internet one way or the other. I would assume that a Corporate Trainer who's job is to travel the country calling on Dealerships would know the most current information.
Please see both the 3rd quarter 2010 and 1st quarter 2011 shareholder conference calls.

Then tell your corporate trainer to go talk to Sergio.
AgtSunshine is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
David M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Ozark Mountains
Posts: 773
Here's an interesting article regarding the very last 3.8L.

Inside Chrysler
David M is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgtSunshine View Post
Please see both the 3rd quarter 2010 and 1st quarter 2011 shareholder conference calls.

Then tell your corporate trainer to go talk to Sergio.
Show me something in writing. Talk is cheap. It if was true and, I certainly hope it is, wouldn't we see something in writing. At the 2012 Car Show in New York they previewed a new limited edition Wrangler and said nothing about the Pentastar engine. I hope the Trainer is wrong so I guess we will have to wait and see when the 2012 is unvailed.
cremaley is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
Have any of you guys ever heard a "Tick-Tick-Tick-Tick" ???

Thats what you're hearing right now !!

You're just gonna have to wait--

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremaley View Post
Show me something in writing. Talk is cheap. It if was true and, I certainly hope it is, wouldn't we see something in writing. At the 2012 Car Show in New York they previewed a new limited edition Wrangler and said nothing about the Pentastar engine. I hope the Trainer is wrong so I guess we will have to wait and see when the 2012 is unvailed.
http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/en-u...esentation.pdf

Pages 22 (slide 21) and 24 (slide 23).

Have a nice day!
AgtSunshine is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
SeaComms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Noosa, QLD, Australia
Posts: 780
"Adapt a Pentastar V6 and 5 speed AWD transmission to Jeep Wrangler"

What the hell are they talking about regarding an AWD transmission??
__________________
Cheers from Downunder, Dave.
2010 Dark Charcoal Pearl 'Renegade' pack (includes dual top options, 17in alloys, side steps etc).
2.5in Flexy springs, Bilstien 5100's, Teraflex rear trackbar bracket, Synergy front and rear sway bar links and front disco kit, Synergy steering damper relocation bracket, AEV front drop brackets, ARB front and rear bar, 10,000lb rope winch, Britax Xray Vision driving lights, GME 3440 UHF radio.
SeaComms is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
"Adapt a Pentastar V6 and 5 speed AWD transmission to Jeep Wrangler"

What the hell are they talking about regarding an AWD transmission??
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Have any of you guys ever heard a "Tick-Tick-Tick-Tick" ??? .... You're just gonna have to wait--
Yep.
AgtSunshine is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #10
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms
"Adapt a Pentastar V6 and 5 speed AWD transmission to Jeep Wrangler"

What the hell are they talking about regarding an AWD transmission??
It's a transmission that can be paired with a transfer case. They don't mean AWD like we do. They are speaking a different language.
I once spent an hour discussing a project with an IT consultant. We were in complete agreement yet it turned out we discussed two complete different things because we applied different meanings to the same words.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgtSunshine View Post
http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/en-u...esentation.pdf

Pages 22 (slide 21) and 24 (slide 23).

Have a nice day!
Read pages 22 (slide 21) and 24 (slide 23). Sounds great.
cremaley is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremaley View Post
Read pages 22 (slide 21) and 24 (slide 23). Sounds great.

Always happy to help
AgtSunshine is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #13
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
I once spent an hour discussing a project with an IT consultant. We were in complete agreement yet it turned out we discussed two complete different things because we applied different meanings to the same words.
Too funny. I wrote a proposal for a security assessment to an IT director and he asked why I had 4 pages of "defined terms" in the front. I had to explain that in IT, as in theoretic mathematics, a variable can be anything, but must be defined - just like the way people use the word "system" and "plan"...
__________________
If you only have a Jeep, every problem appears as a rock. I like rocks.
trennmaschine is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #14
Sea Monkey Wrangler

WF Supporting Member
 
SkyTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 156
Curious as to how you can become an IT director - even in a small company - and not have become familiar with operational definitions.
__________________
SkyTurtle
2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2007 BMW M Roadster
SkyTurtle is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
j33pZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Florida
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyTurtle View Post
Curious as to how you can become an IT director - even in a small company - and not have become familiar with operational definitions.
I have been asking myself that same question for ten years.
__________________
"Save the plates for the supper table, I got a Skid Bar"
j33pZ is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #16
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
In the many years I have been selling the Chrysler Jeep Dodge product only one trainer knew anything. He goes by the name of David Graham. Our current trainers that come to our dealership have some marketing experience, neither have sold cars, and neither has any in depth knowledge on the industry or on our products. Our last session was about 2 weeks ago, I asked if they had any info on the 2012 product. I got blank looks from both. Sure they could be playing dumb, but I think they just don't know.

The funny thing is when these trainers come the staff at my store usually teach them some things. Example, when 2011 Grand Cherokees first came out last year the Quadra lift air suspension was not available on first overland models shipped. A few months later we had training on the GC and the trainer said to us wait til you see the quadralift. By that time we had already sold about 30 of them with the system. That was when I decided to stop paying attention to any of them except David. Most trainers are out of the loop.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
rubicon05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by rics1997 View Post
Well the 3.8L engine plant is closing for sure. If they aren't putting in the 3.6L then what engine then. There is no more 3.8's. But that being said the CEO said the Wrangler would have a 3.6 in 2012 in two interviews now.
R.I.P. Minivan engine...
__________________
05 Rubicon 6 speed 4 inch currie lift with antirock 33x12.5 Cooper Discoverer stt's Warn M8000
Eagle Offroad- We take it to the LIMIT!
rubicon05 is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #18
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon05
R.I.P. Minivan engine...
The 3.6 Pentastar currently powers the Dodge Caravan and the Chrysler Town & Country. So, no, not really.

But truly, referring to the 3.8 as a "minivan engine" is like calling the I6 the "Gremlin engine".
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #19
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
The 3.6 Pentastar currently powers the Dodge Caravan and the Chrysler Town & Country. So, no, not really.

But truly, referring to the 3.8 as a "minivan engine" is like calling the I6 the "Gremlin engine".

Your Jedi powers are now complete.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #20
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66

your jedi powers are now complete.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
Drifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, ME
Posts: 29
Nissan is testing a Cummins Diesel. http://wot.motortrend.com/cummins-te...tan-79773.html
Drifty is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep View Post
In the many years I have been selling the Chrysler Jeep Dodge product only one trainer knew anything. He goes by the name of David Graham. Our current trainers that come to our dealership have some marketing experience, neither have sold cars, and neither has any in depth knowledge on the industry or on our products. Our last session was about 2 weeks ago, I asked if they had any info on the 2012 product. I got blank looks from both. Sure they could be playing dumb, but I think they just don't know.

The funny thing is when these trainers come the staff at my store usually teach them some things. Example, when 2011 Grand Cherokees first came out last year the Quadra lift air suspension was not available on first overland models shipped. A few months later we had training on the GC and the trainer said to us wait til you see the quadralift. By that time we had already sold about 30 of them with the system. That was when I decided to stop paying attention to any of them except David. Most trainers are out of the loop.
Okay Patrick: You have successfully put down the Chrysler Trainers ( save one). Are you totally sure the Pentastar engine will be in the 2012 Wrangler or do you just like demeaning Chrysler Trainers?
cremaley is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #23
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremaley View Post
Okay Patrick: You have successfully put down the Chrysler Trainers ( save one). Are you totally sure the Pentastar engine will be in the 2012 Wrangler or do you just like demeaning Chrysler Trainers?
He was speaking of his experience. What experience do you have with Chrylser trainers?

Everyone is sure the 3.6 will be in the 2012 Wrangler but you. They stopped production on the 3.8 2011 sales have shown a 23% increase over 2010 forcing them to move up the production date on 2012, because....THERE ARE NO MORE 3.8 ENGINES.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #24
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremaley View Post
Okay Patrick: You have successfully put down the Chrysler Trainers ( save one). Are you totally sure the Pentastar engine will be in the 2012 Wrangler or do you just like demeaning Chrysler Trainers?
Like I have said in other posts, I am really sure we will see the 3.6 in the 2012s. It's hard to explain the issue with the trainers without getting a little heated. They don't teach us anything we can't find out ourselves by surfing the web. When you ask them a technical question they have to get back to you. So yeah, I have a hard time with them. It's because it's more of a waste of time than anything, yet it is mandatory. the rant was just a salesperson frustrated by the lack of real info from the trainers. Like I said, I wouldn't ask them anything just because they don't know the answer, they are out of the loop and don't have any factory contacts to get the answers. They talk about all of these rumored engines, vehicles and they seem to like allpar.com to tell us what the next few years are going to be like. Not knocking allpar in any way, just saying...

So yeah will I look like an idiot if the pentastar isn't in the 2012s, the answer is yes, but I doubt my guy would tell me we would see it knowing I was going to post it here.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremaley
are you totally sure the pentastar engine will be in the 2012 wrangler or do you just like demeaning chrysler trainers?
we already covered this!!!
AgtSunshine is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
coolbreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 878
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2011/05/wrangler-to-get-big-mileage-boost[/URL]
__________________
2004 Black X 4.0, auto, 3.73's, soft top 31-10.5-15 Toyo A/T's on 8" Ultra 175's, 2" Teraflex BB.
coolbreeze is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 30
Well I hope the Pentastar is in the 2012 Wrangler. If not, I will just hold on to my paid off, low mileage trade and dream of the day when it is!!

I personally trust Pat and the other evidence out there and believe that it will be under the hood for 2012. Then Chrysler get to sell one more (mine) then they would have without the Pentastar!!
pakrfan19 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 83
I think Cremaley made up the whole conversation with this supposed trainer just to fire everybody up!
redsoxx1918 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakrfan19 View Post
Well I hope the Pentastar is in the 2012 Wrangler.
There is a 100.00% chance that the 2012 Wrangler will have the new Pentastar V6 (anyone wanna bet a new Wrangler?). W5A580 5-speed trans will replace the 4-speed, 6-speed manual returns. Pre-spec estimates for power are 283 HP/260 TQ.
Milous is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:09 AM   #30
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
There is a 100.00% chance that the 2012 Wrangler will have the new Pentastar V6 (anyone wanna bet a new Wrangler?). W5A580 5-speed trans will replace the 4-speed, 6-speed manual returns. Pre-spec estimates for power are 283 HP/260 TQ.
Milous,

Welcome to WF! Please stick around, this place could certainly use your intrepid hints of information.

Fellow WF'ers, this guy is an insider. He doesn't post much, but when he slips into a forum with information, it is dead-on.

__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
first photo shoot -DOM- Pictures Forum 5 03-29-2011 11:38 PM
just shoot me now.... jtraider TJ General Discussion Forum 9 06-29-2010 03:19 PM
"He didn't have to shoot my baby like that," stevens243 Off-Topic 31 06-01-2009 06:58 PM
Messenger kg4kpg Off-Topic 2 01-16-2008 03:18 PM
Don't shoot the messenger RatherBNarizona Off-Topic 16 09-04-2007 01:53 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC