We had pretty bad storms roll through last night. I decided to use the opportunity to test out the Pavement Ends Emergency Top. It pretty-much failed. Both the driver and navigator seats were dry, as were all of the electrical components in the dash and center console. However, I went to open the back flap for rearward visibility and noticed quite a bit of water had made it through the Velcro closure and on to the rear mat… no big deal.
Then, as I climbed in to the driver’s seat, I noticed a huge bulge over the rear seats. It seems that water pooled in that area of the top (about 5 gallons) and stressed all of the seams, allowing water to steadily drip onto the seats and into the sound bar. My only option was to push upward on the bulge and force the water out. Unfortunately, all of the water went into the back, behind the seats, and filled up the cubby and jack/crowbar areas. I was able to lift the cubby out and empty it, and use the drain plug to evacuate the tub beneath it, but the carpet is now completely soaked and the jack area is holding water. Thanks to ltlbigfoot's post, I now know of the drain plug beneath the jack.
That line-x job looked killer. Seriously pondering it now.