This is from a different forum, but it's definitely a great read to discover new ideas:
Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?
Here's the list from that thread (there are also dozens of other projects in the thread that are not captured in the main list):
- Easy Bulb Replacement http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...lb-Replacement
- Adding heat shrink wrapping the stock antenna or painting it flat black
- Drilled Mirror mod http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...t=drill+mirros
- Toss the backseat (2dr)
- evap relocation http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_evap...tion/index.htm
- Smoked tail lights
- Grill mod, with gutter guard mesh wire and black paint...
- Zip tie mod for hood flutter
- Center mirror - Flip it upside down for a better view
- Zip tie the transfer case shifter cable.
- Side markers turned into blinkers mod. http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...rker-light-mod
- Tucking the front seat belt straps into the plastic molding to stop the flapping noise when the doors are off mod.
- Remove the torx bolts from the door hinges and "toss" them.
- Freedom Top Rubber Boot screw mod
- Cut the cup holder insert in half http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...Cup-holder-mod
- Rear window screen http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...-window-screen
- Muffler Delete
- HID Conversion $55
- Superior Axle Tube Seals $70
- Extending axle breather tubes
- Tailgate gas strut to hold it open http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_tail...lder/index.htm
- Fender chop (LINK ? )
- stock stubby front bumper (LINK ? )
- E-disco flip http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...rker-light-mod
- Drill out the stock plastic bolts that hold the shifter boot assembly and replace with stainless steel fasteners
- Pull the carpet and drain plugs- no instructions needed
- Put weater stripping around the rear "storage" area under the hatch in the trunk to keep water out.*
- Remove lower air dam
- Extend rear axle breather- write up on project-jk
- Extend brake line brackets
- 1" rear extended bumpstop with $1 used hocky puck on each side
- Trim pinch seam in rear fender well
- Re-locate rear bumper up 1" or paint rear edge pinch seam flat black
- Remove the spring under the hood to eliminate the hood flutter
- Painting the inside of the top with black bedliner was another great mod for around $20- $30.
- Maglite mount to side of driver side seat mod was another great one for around $5 or so.
- The garage door opener in upper A-Pilar cover
- Copper antiseize on all the spark plug threads.
- Hot wiper fluid mod for de-icing windshield
- Headrest Spring Removal to allow rear headrests to lay back
- Hose Clamped Front & Rear Differential Breather http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...-be-done/page8
JeepSWAG mods, under $100:
- Hi-Lift Jack Mount Kit behind 4-Door rear roll bar $80 LINK (http://www.jeepswag.com/jackmount/index.html
- Compressor mount in engine bay $50 LINK (http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_on_board_air/index.html
- Hawk Brake Pads under $65 per axle LINK (http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_brakes/index.html
- Evap Canister Relocation Kit $80 LINK (http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_evap...tion/index.htm
- Hard Top Saver Kit $30 LINK (http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_hardtop_saver/index.htm
- Hood Strut Kit $80 LINK (http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_hood_holder/index.htm
- Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit $45 LINK (http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_stee...kit/index.html
- Tailgate Strut Kit $80 LINK (http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_tail...lder/index.htm
- 2 Gallon Engine Bay mount kit $45 LINK (http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_on_board_air/index.html
- Anti-Hood Flutter Kit $9 LINK (http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_hood_hold_down_kit/