European 10th Anniversary Rubicon SUCKS! - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today



Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 536
bloodfart is on a distinguished road
European 10th Anniversary Rubicon SUCKS!

Just stumbled over this looking at pictures online. It's off Jeep's romanian site, and well... it just looks sad compared to what we have here. Is this what they put out for europe and the rest of the world??? Stock bumpers, street tires, no tow hooks, this is lame as hell







Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary
bloodfart is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
bfschor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 425
bfschor is on a distinguished road
I'm surprised to see the street tires! WTH?? The Rubicon package is supposed to be the most capable package they offer. So now the only advantages I see over the other models are the sway bar disconnect, lockers and axles.
Sorry folks, but you'll probably wanna take this over to your local tire shop once you buy it.

bfschor is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,070
NFRs2000NYC is on a distinguished road
Europe has MUCH MUCH stricter guidelines for road vehicles. For example, steel bumpers would not be legal in many countries. They don't comply with the pedestrian safety stuff, hence, this thing doesn't have em. MTs on the road can also be deemed as unsafe for tarmac use, which is why they may not have put em on. It could be that the market in Europe dictates that a majority of customers want road tires.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
landi jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: show me state
Posts: 1,347
landi jeep is on a distinguished road
Lol road tires in mountainous terrain
__________________
2014 Anvil JKU Mutt
landi jeep is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
nology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cedar Lake
Posts: 60
nology is on a distinguished road
Front bumper looks weird filling the gap between the flares. Wonder if that's a requirement.
nology is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Newb
 
Shaun Roos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Johannesburg, SA
Posts: 4
Shaun Roos is on a distinguished road
Sadly these are all requirements in Europe. I have changed mine dramatically after delivery from the showroom floor. One can change these aspects via aftermarket products, but I have to agree, it defeats the point of purchasing a Rubicon.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2679304885.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	425945  
Shaun Roos is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Roux-Miroir, Belgium
Posts: 40
phcn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
Europe has MUCH MUCH stricter guidelines for road vehicles. For example, steel bumpers would not be legal in many countries. They don't comply with the pedestrian safety stuff, hence, this thing doesn't have em. MTs on the road can also be deemed as unsafe for tarmac use, which is why they may not have put em on. It could be that the market in Europe dictates that a majority of customers want road tires.
This is the problem here in Europe, steel bumper is not legal and road tires are for higher MPG so lower CO2 emission so lower tax (in The Netherlands, the ecological tax for a Wrangler is the same as the Wrangler price...)
you can buy MTs but in aftermarket ...
__________________
JEEP Cherokee - Liberty KJ 2.5 CRD 2002
JEEP Renegade BU 1.4 2015
phcn is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 527
xxxxxxxxxxxtklein42 is on a distinguished road
Why own a jeep at all Totally ruins it for me!
xxxxxxxxxxxtklein42 is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Mikel01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: St. Augustine Beach
Posts: 457
Mikel01 is on a distinguished road
It's about time!!!! We (USA) routinely get lesser models from them. My former Audi RS6 was a classic example. Detuned engine, crappy seats and radio... Yea jeep.
__________________
Moab with 33/12.50/17 tires, Warn Zeon. AEV bumpers, skid plate, 2.5" aev suspension, tire carrier, heat reduction hood, pintler wheels, water tanks, procal and mud flaps/cargo mat. Grill guard and KC Apollo Pro lights.
Mikel01 is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
nobndry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lynchburg, VA/ Morgantown,WV
Posts: 1,273
nobndry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel01 View Post
It's about time!!!! We (USA) routinely get lesser models from them. My former Audi RS6 was a classic example. Detuned engine, crappy seats and radio... Yea jeep.
Lol
__________________
2010 Wrangler 2dr Sport BLACK 6spd manual, 3.73 gears, 3" TF lift, 35"KM2

... See JKs do wave.

Jeep Instagram: @jeep.wrangler.jk
nobndry is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Plasticpirogue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 619
Plasticpirogue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nology View Post
Front bumper looks weird filling the gap between the flares. Wonder if that's a requirement.
Thats the euro-spec front bumper; ugly as hell.
Plasticpirogue is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Tweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Posts: 5,025
Tweak is on a distinguished road
you would be surprised where street tires will take you with a set of lockers. my buddy just got a 14 rubi and put street tires on it so he could sell the rubi wheels and tires to fund his 40's. so there I was climbing through rocks on my 37's and I look back and this damn rubicon on street tires is on my tail.

but yea. it still sucks.

I kinda like the extra lights on the rear bumper and the placement of the front fogs.
Tweak is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Big E Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern Alberta
Posts: 178
Big E Canada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Roos View Post
Sadly these are all requirements in Europe. I have changed mine dramatically after delivery from the showroom floor. One can change these aspects via aftermarket products, but I have to agree, it defeats the point of purchasing a Rubicon.....
Which after market bumper is that?
Big E Canada is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 3,056
donmeca2020 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel01 View Post
It's about time!!!! We (USA) routinely get lesser models from them. My former Audi RS6 was a classic example. Detuned engine, crappy seats and radio... Yea jeep.
I agree, coming from the import scene and seeing how the jap spec and euro spec models were compared to our US versions. i was always pissed. now seeing this an American spec vehicle over on their side of pond without all the fancy stuff is just nuts.
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
GBR.R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 195
GBR.R is on a distinguished road
Being from the UK owning a Jeep in the US is heaven, you would only buy a jeep in Europe if you where extremely rich or insane. Pedestrian safety has stripped the jeep and taxes and luxury taxes and emissions taxes have made jeep ownership out of reach of most. Why do you think that over 90% of Range Rover sales are now outside of Europe. Buy your jeep now as all this crap will come to the USA one day.
GBR.R is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,938
legitposter is on a distinguished road
Basically the European version is built for the real-world usage while the US version is built for American ego's.
I'm cool with that.
__________________
2013 Commando Green Freedom Edition JKU
2013 Billet Freedom Edition JK
legitposter is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 536
bloodfart is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by legitposter View Post
Basically the European version is built for the real-world usage while the US version is built for American ego's. I'm cool with that.
Hahaha, lol
bloodfart is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #18
kik
Jeeper
 
kik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,094
kik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nology View Post
Front bumper looks weird filling the gap between the flares. Wonder if that's a requirement.
It is and it's been on JK's for awhile. It's the "European" spec. bumper for "pedestrian safety". I guess they waffle a lot of pedestrians in Europe.
kik is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #19
Newb
 
Shaun Roos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Johannesburg, SA
Posts: 4
Shaun Roos is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big E Canada View Post
Which after market bumper is that?
Hi, it's manufactured by Advanced 4x4 in Cape Town, South Africa. They really are a quality product and accommodates the factory fog lamps and are ready for spot lights and a winch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2087068430.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	428849   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1263791400.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	428857  

Shaun Roos is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Omar Brannstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 667
Omar Brannstrom is on a distinguished road
Hi from Sweden

I agree and we also get smaller tires 245/70/17 on Rubicon and 10th anniversary and Sahara. You get 265/70/17 and probably a more lift??? alot of debate on this.

The European 10th anniversary is expensive in Europe and would be even more expensive with with US specs.

In Norway a 4 door Sahara with 2.8 diesel cost about 114 600 dollars. That is almost 4 times more expensive than in US

But we get a sofa in front that You can sit on

We get better stock lights Hella H4 and we can rise and lower our beams with a button after what load we have in the back or trailer so we dont blind people.

Anyway, here is my "swedish" Rubicon 10th anniversary with Pentastar. sweden will only get about 20 ex in the hole country. i love my Jeep





__________________
2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon, delivered in one week
Omar Brannstrom is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
2five22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,013
2five22 is on a distinguished road
Why obsess over a vehicle sold in a nation that most Americans will never visit and many fail to understand the market context?
2five22 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
2five22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,013
2five22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR.R View Post
Being from the UK owning a Jeep in the US is heaven, you would only buy a jeep in Europe if you where extremely rich or insane. Pedestrian safety has stripped the jeep and taxes and luxury taxes and emissions taxes have made jeep ownership out of reach of most. Why do you think that over 90% of Range Rover sales are now outside of Europe. Buy your jeep now as all this crap will come to the USA one day.

Very true.

It is why one cannot use a Hi-Lift jack on a stock JK, why we have to buy armor for an evap can, why plastic fenders and a plastic grille exist, why the sheet metal has gotten thinner, ad infinitum.

GM, Ford, and Chrysler killed off the full sized truck based SUV and replaced them with car based bloated 'jelly bean' vehicles that carry only infant car seats and groceries.

I have severe reservations that the body on frame 4wd Wrangler will last past 2025.
2five22 is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
spinlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 37.9° N, 121.7° W
Posts: 5,702
spinlock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2five22 View Post
Why obsess over a vehicle sold in a nation that most Americans will never visit and many fail to understand the market context?
Hmmmm, I thought this was the global not regional forum.
spinlock is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #24
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 246
Aussie Jeepster is on a distinguished road
On the positive side, they can have diesel Rubicons in Europe!
__________________
Detonator Yellow CRD Unlimited
Aussie Jeepster is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Tweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Posts: 5,025
Tweak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Brannstrom View Post
Hi from Sweden

I agree and we also get smaller tires 245/70/17 on Rubicon and 10th anniversary and Sahara. You get 265/70/17 and probably a more lift??? alot of debate on this.

The European 10th anniversary is expensive in Europe and would be even more expensive with with US specs.

In Norway a 4 door Sahara with 2.8 diesel cost about 114 600 dollars. That is almost 4 times more expensive than in US

But we get a sofa in front that You can sit on

We get better stock lights Hella H4 and we can rise and lower our beams with a button after what load we have in the back or trailer so we dont blind people.

Anyway, here is my "swedish" Rubicon 10th anniversary with Pentastar. sweden will only get about 20 ex in the hole country. i love my Jeep
dang, I bet that thing turns heads across the pond!
Tweak is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Doctorsti is on a distinguished road
On another note, interesting to see what that one switch blank is in my console! It's adjustable aiming headlights. I would like to have this on my rig as with a loaded down cargo area and a full family in the back seats I will probably be blinding people. My Subaru STI had aiming lights with levels such as this 0-3 so you could adjust for passengers.

The big question is are the parts available through Mopar or would they simply not sell me the part assay's necessary to do this?

Doctorsti is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC