I don't know about using screws...
I did expanded metal in one piece. Attached it the same way as almost everyone else.
Scraped the tape off the back of the plastic loop connector things, wiped everything down with Brake Kleen, and glued on the loop things with Gorilla Glue. Some minor trimming around the edges to clear factory pinch seams and AC components were required for the one-piece. Relocated the temperature sensor back to clear the insert.
It's been on over a year without anything becoming unglued.
I used gold anodized expanded aluminum because I happened to have some, and I think it looks good with the Natural Green Pearl. The anodizing is holding up really well.
Pic in my profile.
There was a pretty detailed instructions thread about this a year or so ago.