Extending the rear axle breather help... - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,950
Extending the rear axle breather help...

Hey guys, I saw all the threads, and was planning on moving my breather to inside the cavity behind the tailight. However, after taking the light off, I noticed there was no way to get to the outside of the Jeep through there. I don't know how other years were, but on a 2012, the base of the cavity is filled with foam and I couldn't see any way to get the breather up there. I also REALLY REALLY don't want to route the rear breather to the front. So, anyone had a good location to route the rear breather to on the REAR of the Jeep?

NFRs2000NYC is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
SilverSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 21,126
Send a message via Yahoo to SilverSport
Route it to the driver's side taillight cavity.

__________________
"Own a Jeep and own a piece of history."

"The Hunter is not concerned with the opinion of the Wolf."
SilverSport is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport View Post
Route it to the driver's side taillight cavity.
I tried that with the passenger side, and it was filled solid. Is the driver's side different?
NFRs2000NYC is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
FiveBoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 255
Images: 1
I routed the hose up from the bottom- ended up coming out here. pic is looking straight in through the passenger tail light opening.

2013 Rubi JK

Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rearbreather.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	216338  
__________________
13-JKR
FiveBoro is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveBoro View Post
I routed the hose up from the bottom- ended up coming out here. pic is looking straight in through the passenger tail light opening.

2013 Rubi JK

Hope that helps.
Where exactly did you access this area from the bottom? I tried to locate something that would feed into the tailight area, but couldn't find anything.
NFRs2000NYC is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
FiveBoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 255
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
Where exactly did you access this area from the bottom? I tried to locate something that would feed into the tailight area, but couldn't find anything.
Not exactly sure, I did a lot of poking around till something worked... I'll try and take a look tomorrow- maybe get a better pic.
__________________
13-JKR
FiveBoro is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
PapasJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 221
There is a plate to the rear of the body where the light mounts on.

Go over the top, you have to look up inside the opening, and down from there and it comes out the bottom in front of where the foam stuff is at a small triangular shaped hole in the body.

Works good.
__________________
KG4ZFC - 2M
2013 4 Dr Blue Pearl, 37's Nitto Trail Grapplers
High Rock Bumpers Front/Rear, Auto, Warn ZEON 10
2" OME with Bilsteins, Rugged Ridge Snorkel
4.56 with Truetrac's front and rear
Ocala Jeep Club CERT
PapasJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
FiveBoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 255
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapasJP View Post
There is a plate to the rear of the body where the light mounts on.

Go over the top, you have to look up inside the opening, and down from there and it comes out the bottom in front of where the foam stuff is at a small triangular shaped hole in the body.

Works good.
Think that's where the hose is going in my pic. Sounds right.
__________________
13-JKR
FiveBoro is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Rooster76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 817
Here is a couple images from my write-up http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/ext...se-185089.html
I used the yellow strap to feed it through first. Then I tied that to the hose to pull it through. It comes out behind the plastic wheel well. You might have to pry it back a bit to see it. Then you can pull it over to right where you want it where the factory one ends.



You can also check out this video at 1:30 and it shows it installed.
__________________
2012 JKR 2DR 6-Speed
Rooster76 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster76 View Post
Here is a couple images from my write-up http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/ext...se-185089.html
I used the yellow strap to feed it through first. Then I tied that to the hose to pull it through. It comes out behind the plastic wheel well. You might have to pry it back a bit to see it. Then you can pull it over to right where you want it where the factory one ends.



You can also check out this video at 1:30 and it shows it installed.
Ok, I'll try it again. Im pretty sure I tried your route, and didn't seem to go anywhere, but I was trying to feed the hose through...I'll try a little strap/ribbon like you did...
NFRs2000NYC is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
SilverSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 21,126
Send a message via Yahoo to SilverSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
I tried that with the passenger side, and it was filled solid. Is the driver's side different?
Yes, driver's side has a flexible foam pad. Route the hose up thru along side the wire harness. Much easier than fighting with the passenger side.
__________________
"Own a Jeep and own a piece of history."

"The Hunter is not concerned with the opinion of the Wolf."
SilverSport is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport View Post
Yes, driver's side has a flexible foam pad. Route the hose up thru along side the wire harness. Much easier than fighting with the passenger side.
Thanks brother. Will try it out right now.
NFRs2000NYC is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #13
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,950
Thanks for the tip. Took 15 minutes using the driver's side. MUCH MUCH easier.
NFRs2000NYC is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
SilverSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 21,126
Send a message via Yahoo to SilverSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
Thanks for the tip. Took 15 minutes using the driver's side. MUCH MUCH easier.

__________________
"Own a Jeep and own a piece of history."

"The Hunter is not concerned with the opinion of the Wolf."
SilverSport is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC