fastback ragtop security? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 186
fastback ragtop security?

Hello - I was thinking about getting the bestop trektop nx for my next wrangler but I was wondering if anyone has had any security problems with them? For example, someone breaking into your jeep through the roof or someone stealing the ragtop entirely?

random512 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
mgola27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by random512 View Post
Hello - I was thinking about getting the bestop trektop nx for my next wrangler but I was wondering if anyone has had any security problems with them? For example, someone breaking into your jeep through the roof or someone stealing the ragtop entirely?
I would say its no less secure than any soft convertible top. Utility knife will make quick work of the plastic windows.

mgola27 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
gillbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgola27 View Post
I would say its no less secure than any soft convertible top. Utility knife will make quick work of the plastic windows.
or they could just unzip them.....
gillbot is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,363
IMO doors/ locks/ and tops (hard or soft) only keep the "honest" kids honest.....and the druggie trying to turn a quick buck from CDs or GPS etc. to look for an easier target.

As for the top being stolen never heard that...but I am sure it has happened and is possible, but you take "reasonable" precautions you will be fine.....been running bikini or Soft top since 1994...never had an issue.
jp2611 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2611 View Post
IMO doors/ locks/ and tops (hard or soft) only keep the "honest" kids honest.....and the druggie trying to turn a quick buck from CDs or GPS etc. to look for an easier target.

As for the top being stolen never heard that...but I am sure it has happened and is possible, but you take "reasonable" precautions you will be fine.....been running bikini or Soft top since 1994...never had an issue.
thanks jp, sounds like reasonable odds
random512 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC