Final Destination Avoided - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Toasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 662
Final Destination Avoided

So last night as I got home, I spotted a white JKU parked in the back corner of the parking lot within my apartment complex. Usually I snag a parking spot right in front of the building, but for some reason I parked right up beside the fellow Jeep. I guess you can say it was worth the extra walk. This morning, in what seems like a scene out of one of those final destination movies, one of the parking lot light poles came crashing down. It landed over 4 parking spaces right in front of the building. Funny thing is, I've never seen another Jeep owner in this complex, and when I looked outside this morning the other Jeep was gone. Must have been my Jeep's guardian angel.

Toasty is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Toasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 662
Attachment 737305

Here's a pic of the clean up process.

Toasty is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Toasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 662
Toasty is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,666
The legend of the white ghost jeep begins......
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 7,769
other jeep have a winch? probably rewinding his cable and woops LOL.
jadmt is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #6
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Gord P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
So last night as I got home, I spotted a white JKU parked in the back corner of the parking lot within my apartment complex. Usually I snag a parking spot right in front of the building, but for some reason I parked right up beside the fellow Jeep. I guess you can say it was worth the extra walk. This morning, in what seems like a scene out of one of those final destination movies, one of the parking lot light poles came crashing down. It landed over 4 parking spaces right in front of the building. Funny thing is, I've never seen another Jeep owner in this complex, and when I looked outside this morning the other Jeep was gone. Must have been my Jeep's guardian angel.
I love stuff like this. That it was another wrangler that caused you to park elsewhere is the icing.
Gord P is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Toasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post
The legend of the white ghost jeep begins......
Lol so goes the legend. Where ever there are Jeeps to be saved, white ghost Jeep will be there... 0_0
Toasty is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #8
yeah,,,, im that good

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 10,215
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post
The legend of the white ghost jeep begins......
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #9
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Roxborough CO
Posts: 11
You know that the light pole is a red herring right? Final Destination always throws something like that out before the coupe de grace. I'd lock the jeep up for few months, let the whole thing blow over.
gpasq is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Jeeps_and_Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 506
That's a great story!
__________________
Building and managing websites with the Umbraco CMS
Jeeps_and_Boats is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
ColoRubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord P View Post
I love stuff like this. That it was another wrangler that caused you to park elsewhere is the icing.
I always park next to another Jeep if there is one in the parking lot......and as ALL of my family and friends will tell you, I am such a dork I have a picture of each time I have done it or if I someone has parked next to me. Okay now my silly secret is out there.....but this does make me happy!
__________________
Linda
Jeeps are Cool!
2013 JKUR Deep Cherry Red/Saddle Leather/4.10gears/730N/3.5" AEV lift/ 315x70x17, Wrangler Duratracs/RockHard front bumper, Off Road Only Hop-Stopper hood Latch
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13103_1020.htm
ColoRubicon is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
SaharaSamantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoRubicon View Post
I always park next to another Jeep if there is one in the parking lot......and as ALL of my family and friends will tell you, I am such a dork I have a picture of each time I have done it or if I someone has parked next to me. Okay now my silly secret is out there.....but this does make me happy!
I do the same. Stupid stuff can make you smile
SaharaSamantha is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
JKJeepit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 573
I don't think its the driver who parks next to the other Jeep, I think its the Jeep making us park next to the other Jeep.... now as for the pictures that's on us Jeep owners....
__________________
If you Rest you Rust!
2013JKUR Auto, Toyo MT's 34's 4.10's Teraflex 3" Full Flex Arm w/Rancho 7000, LOD rock sliders, EVO Sleeves and C-Gussets, EVO draglink flip, EVO rockstars and LCA skids, Synergy trackbar, Fox SS shock, Ten Factory axle shafts front and rear, complete set of skids etc... cameras to document that it happens..
JKJeepit is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
HAFICON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: F'ing Republic of Mass. Not by choice.
Posts: 1,482
Been there done that.. Always try to park next another Wrangler. The HAFICON sticker always makes for good conversation.
__________________
2012 JKU Sport Deep Cherry Red

"Door ding my Jeep, and I will fist ding your face BIATCH"
HAFICON is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #15
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Captain Ahab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 632
Images: 1
I once saw the white ghost Jeep save a gator stuck in a tree
__________________
I don't always drive a Jeep, but when I do it's dirty!
Rear Seat Reversal
Captain Ahab is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Lycian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post
The legend of the white ghost jeep begins......
lol Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpasq View Post
You know that the light pole is a red herring right? Final Destination always throws something like that out before the coupe de grace. I'd lock the jeep up for few months, let the whole thing blow over.
There is no blowing over when it comes to Death. I saw the movies. Death is petty & melodramatic, but it eventually gets results. It's time for a trade in.
__________________

2013 JKU Commando Green

"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, & make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow|R. Jordan (TWoT)
Lycian is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
Toasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ahab View Post
I once saw the white ghost Jeep save a gator stuck in a tree

.
Toasty is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
jdyowa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winter Haven, but Jacksonville soon
Posts: 572
About 20 years ago I had a CJ-5 and my gas gauge didn't work (imagine that). I used to keep track of the miles but that doesn't always work when you have a 401 in it. Anyway, I was coming home from my wife's house (dating at the time) and I run out of gas in quite possibly the worse possible place in town. It was also 12:20 am. Suddenly out of nowhere a old black dude shows up in a maroon CJ-7(again not common) and offers to give me a lift to find an open gas station (the one I was at was closed). He tells the couple of stoned out guys milling about to leave my shit alone or else and off we go. We get back, Jeep is okay and off the guy goes.
Now, every Jeeper knows every jeep around, especially older jeeps and I never saw the jeep before and never saw it again. All i know is he said his name was OC.
Phantom black jeep guy.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
Honey Badger don't Care!

0||||||||0
jdyowa is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
Toasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdyowa View Post
Suddenly out of nowhere a old black dude shows up in a maroon CJ-7(again not common)
maroon CJ-7's not common? or the old black dude? ... or both? lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by jdyowa View Post
Now, every Jeeper knows every jeep around, especially older jeeps and I never saw the jeep before and never saw it again. All i know is he said his name was OC.
Phantom black jeep guy.
lmfao thats hilarious
Toasty is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
jdyowa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winter Haven, but Jacksonville soon
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
maroon CJ-7's not common? or the old black dude? ... or both? lol lmfao thats hilarious
Both actually but mostly old black guy in jeep. This was central Florida and you don't see much of that but now I'm in Jacksonville and it's more likely.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
Honey Badger don't Care!

0||||||||0
jdyowa is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #21
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Captain Ahab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 632
Images: 1
I used to live in Avon Park, FL, so fully understand jdyowa!!
__________________
I don't always drive a Jeep, but when I do it's dirty!
Rear Seat Reversal
Captain Ahab is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
HK_Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ken Caryl Valley, Colorado
Posts: 2,311
I do park near nice Jeeps, but that light pole scratch would have buffed right out.
__________________
2014 JKU Rubicon- all white with tan leather

LOD front bumper, AEV rear bumper, TeraFlex tire carrier, Shrockworks sliders, Method Standard wheels, 35" MTR Kevlars, Englewood driveshafts, Synergy 3" Lift, Rancho 9000XLs, Artec truss, Teraflex C-gussets, Grabars, HotHead Liners, MORE dead pedal, Tuffy underseat box, Uniden 520 XL, 10lb CO2 tank...
HK_Runner is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 662
I saw a white Jeep push Chuck Norris away from an oncoming car once. Never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.
zenman is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Paul04tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Shelby Twp. MI
Posts: 699
Images: 117
It's Mercury in Retrograde.















yeah, google it.
__________________
Bright White 2 door soft top 6 speed MOAB..
Paul04tj is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Toasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
I saw a white Jeep push Chuck Norris away from an oncoming car once. Never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.
LMFAO! You sure it wasn't the other way around?
Toasty is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
Toasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul04tj View Post
It's Mercury in Retrograde.















yeah, google it.

Mind = FCKED

0_0
Toasty is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
jdyowa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winter Haven, but Jacksonville soon
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ahab View Post
I used to live in Avon Park, FL, so fully understand jdyowa!!
I was in Winter Haven and Lakeland before that.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
Honey Badger don't Care!

0||||||||0
jdyowa is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
wassup8687's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
other jeep have a winch? probably rewinding his cable and woops LOL.
wassup8687 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
IrishRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: League City, Texas
Posts: 278
So are ya'll telling me I'm driving some sort of devine vehicle here?
__________________
"If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough" -for years I thought it was Dad
KCCO!
IrishRed is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
laredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Near Warren, Ohio
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul04tj View Post
it's mercury in retrograde.

Yeah, google it.


Attachment 744721

laredo is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC