I will be getting a 2013 or 2014 JK Sport some time this next two weeks. (I cannot start to look until after Monday and I will probably make several trips out of state due to the higher prices and lack of selection locally.)
1. I am in Mississippi. Where to look? The place I have some limited experience with is a dealer in Hot Springs. Any particularly evil place come to mind in that town? If it is a problem to name names on this forum, please message me your experiences with a particular dealer.
2. Did the ticking issue that caused so many left side heads to be replaced in the Pentastar in 2012 get fixed?
3. The prices on 2013 and 2014 Sports are easily within a couple of hundred bucks of each other, which is not something I am going to worry about. So, with that in mind: 2013 or 2014? Is 2014 a further refinement of the breed or one of those years where "they messed up a good thing"?
4. What cons to look for in the JK? I have driven a TJ for the last ten years and have never even looked inside of a JK. Do those front fenders come off easily? First mod will be flatties.
5. Can the JK, with its larger stock tires and better ground clearance over a TJ, accept 33x12.5 tires on MT Classic Lock rims? These have a lot of (or a little) backspacing, giving my TK a very wide stance. I have a 3" lift and run these with zero rubbing or other issues on my TJ. Will the stock JK take this tire size if there is that much backspacing? I am not interested in lifting this JK for some time. But the stock tires and rims look pretty bad, like the 27" ones that came on the TJs back in the day.
6. ANY further observations, warnings or advice in locating a really nice JK Sport would be great. Like: Is there a D44 option for the rear? What other options are out there for the Sport version? Is there a Jeep/DC website with all the color choices and options listed? I have never bought a new Jeep, so this is all a learning process, despite my ten years of Jeeping. I bought mine used at a Honda dealership. It was only six months old, and sitting there amongst the traded-in Fords, Chevys and other Hondas if fairly shouted BUY ME NOW! Which is exactly what I did, too. Loved it. But I have never worked with a DC dealership for a purchase. Will I be financially raped? Will I lose my Man Card? Help!