First oil change... Wow 5w/20 is like water - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
TOK
Jeeper
 
TOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,099
First oil change... Wow 5w/20 is like water

Yea I know, another oil thread.

My Jeep is at about 700 miles and I wanted to switch over to synthetic. I have always used 10w/30 or 10w/40 Mobil 1 depending on the vehicle, and never had one that called for a 5w base oil.

The bulk of the factory oil came out of the pan in about five seconds. I'm actually wondering if this is a CAFE thing to squeak an extra 10th of a MPG out of the Pentastar rather than a protection thing.

No visible metal shavings in the pan or on the filter, so I'm going to go to a regular 4k oil change schedule but I'm considering going to 10w/30 if I hit that mileage by the hottest part of Summer.

PS: The JK is an absolute *breeze* to do an oil change on. Ironically, this is mainly due to lack of undercarriage protection. My 2 less off-road worthy pickups (Titan & Tacoma) both have factory metal skid plates protecting the oil pan that have to be removed.

TOK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Jeeps_and_Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 498
And the filter is pretty much a snap. Love that design.

__________________
Building and managing websites with the Umbraco CMS
Jeeps_and_Boats is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenix, Rattlesnake Country
Posts: 3,132
WOW, another synthetic oil user. The oil company's will love you!!!
I need to buy some more Mobil stocks so I can retire some day.
Thank you for helping my retirement..................

What ever oil you use, 5w/30 is a good multi viscosity.
Old Dogger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 5,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dogger View Post
WOW, another synthetic oil user. The oil company's will love you!!!
I need to buy some more Mobil stocks so I can retire some day.
Thank you for helping my retirement..................

What ever oil you use, 5w/30 is a good multi viscosity.
My good friend is a millionair because of Mobil stock. He worked for them and part of his wage was paid in stock and about 15 years ago sold his stock and was instantly rich.
jadmt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 62
Mobil 1 5W/20 user here. After tearing down my motorcycle after long used synth I will never go back. It was like brand new on the insides.

Dave
microage97 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
overblown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dogger View Post
WOW, another synthetic oil user. The oil company's will love you!!!
I need to buy some more Mobil stocks so I can retire some day.
Thank you for helping my retirement..................

What ever oil you use, 5w/30 is a good multi viscosity.
Sounds a little sarcastic/condescending. I thought you were all about being kind and the like

Tok, I understand what you're saying about cafe. But keep in mind that thicker oil is NOT always better for engines and can actually do more harm than good. How thick is too thick? Good question. Yet, it's also a question you don't even need to answer if you just stick within the parameters set from the manufacturer.
__________________
2001 Corvette Z06
1970 Monte Carlo
2003 Wrangler X 4.0
2012 Land Rover LR4
2006 Harley Davidson Sportster Custom
2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon
overblown is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 5,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by overblown View Post
Sounds a little sarcastic/condescending. I thought you were all about being kind and the like

Tok, I understand what you're saying about cafe. But keep in mind that thicker oil is NOT always better for engines and can actually do more harm than good. How thick is too thick? Good question. Yet, it's also a question you don't even need to answer if you just stick within the parameters set from the manufacturer.
Yup
jadmt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,921
I use Pennzoil Platinum. Yes, 5w-20 is like water.

For those that hate on synthetic oil.. They're the same people that still watch over-the-air television and have land-line phones in their house. They probably read print media as well.

Newsflash: It's 2013.

Ignore them.
__________________
2013 Commando Green Freedom Edition JKU
2013 Billet Freedom Edition JK
legitposter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenix, Rattlesnake Country
Posts: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by overblown View Post
Sounds a little sarcastic/condescending. I thought you were all about being kind and the like

Tok, I understand what you're saying about cafe. But keep in mind that thicker oil is NOT always better for engines and can actually do more harm than good. How thick is too thick? Good question. Yet, it's also a question you don't even need to answer if you just stick within the parameters set from the manufacturer.
Yes, I was being very kind and respectful to this Gentlemen for purchasing the more expensive oil, which in turn will help my oil stocks to skyrocket!
After all we hope that the oil company's profits continue to improve/ increase, which in turn helps our economy, and boy does it ever need help!
overblown, it's always good to hear from you! You just made my day!
I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW I CAN BE ANY KINDER THAN THIS...
Old Dogger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #10
TOK
Jeeper
 
TOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dogger View Post
WOW, another synthetic oil user. The oil company's will love you!!!
I need to buy some more Mobil stocks so I can retire some day.
Thank you for helping my retirement..................

What ever oil you use, 5w/30 is a good multi viscosity.
Not claiming to be a millionaire, but I was able to pay cash for my Jeep thanks to dummies that can't go 5 seconds without internet access. We all choose our vices, I guess.

Like Dave said, I started using synthetic once I saw how well it worked in motorcycle engines. Many of those were air cooled and had a lower oil capacity, making them really hard on oil, but its an extra 20 or 30 bucks a couple times a year -cheap peace of mind as far as I'm concerned.
TOK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
YJ Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 94
Newer engines have tight tolerances and need lighter oils. At least in some cases, not sure about he pentastar.
YJ Bill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenix, Rattlesnake Country
Posts: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOK View Post
Not claiming to be a millionaire, but I was able to pay cash for my Jeep thanks to dummies that can't go 5 seconds without internet access. We all choose our vices, I guess.

Like Dave said, I started using synthetic once I saw how well it worked in motorcycle engines. Many of those were air cooled and had a lower oil capacity, making them really hard on oil, but its an extra 20 or 30 bucks a couple times a year -cheap peace of mind as far as I'm concerned.
Congrats on paying cash and being successful in your work endeavor's!
I on the other hand am 79 years old and am in debit up to my ears. I'm out digging ditches every day just to try to put food on the table. I only have a forth grade education so I am one of those. I have asked Obama for some food stamps, but his answer was NO WAY, BECAUSE YOU ARE TO OLD. He only wants to save them for all of the illegals. Well, I guess that's not all bad, because at least they get to eat.

On a serious note, If that is possible for me? Synthetic, Conventional, Brand, viscosity, it really doesn't matter, just change it!
Old Dogger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dogger View Post
Congrats on paying cash and being successful in your work endeavor's!
I on the other hand am 79 years old and am in debit up to my ears. I'm out digging ditches every day just to try to put food on the table. I only have a forth grade education so I am one of those. I have asked Obama for some food stamps, but his answer was NO WAY, BECAUSE YOU ARE TO OLD. He only wants to save them for all of the illegals. Well, I guess that's not all bad, because at least they get to eat.

On a serious note, If that is possible for me? Synthetic, Conventional, Brand, viscosity, it really doesn't matter, just change it!
I thought you were gone for good?
__________________
2013 Commando Green Freedom Edition JKU
2013 Billet Freedom Edition JK
legitposter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenix, Rattlesnake Country
Posts: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by legitposter View Post
I thought you were gone for good?
Good is a broad term, that has many meanings!
I'm like flushing a turd down the toilet and it decided to float and reappear!
You and a couple of the others are just too much fun for me to give up, but I did have to go buy another box of tissues to wipe away my laughing tears!
Since I am a old dumb Coot, well this gives me a opportunity to learn from well educated and knowledgeable individuals like yourself. Maybe help to point me in the right direction. WD40 in the engine instead of oil HUMMMMMM, maybe less parasitic loss, what do you think?
Did I say that correctly, O well my ALHEIMERS just continues to get worse.
Legit, be kind and help a old man out.
Old Dogger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dogger View Post
Good is a broad term, that has many meanings!
I'm like flushing a turd down the toilet and it decided to float and reappear!
You and a couple of the others are just too much fun for me to give up, but I did have to go buy another box of tissues to wipe away my laughing tears!
Since I am a old dumb Coot, well this gives me a opportunity to learn from well educated and knowledgeable individuals like yourself. Maybe help to point me in the right direction. WD40 in the engine instead of oil HUMMMMMM, maybe less parasitic loss, what do you think?
Did I say that correctly, O well my ALHEIMERS just continues to get worse.
Legit, be kind and help a old man out.
What's funny is if we ever met in real life we'd probably be all touchy feely and hugging and all this fairy stuff. So yeah.
__________________
2013 Commando Green Freedom Edition JKU
2013 Billet Freedom Edition JK
legitposter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
dirt road inspector

WF Supporting Member
 
tomthbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Deep East Texas
Posts: 2,416
When I figure the number of miles between oil changes to dollars spent for synthetic vs. regular oil it is a wash. That is not counting the time spent changing the oil which ups the advantage for synthetic.
__________________
tomthbomb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 5,818
damn 8000 miles and my "change oil" indicator still has not triggered. 2013 jku.
jadmt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenix, Rattlesnake Country
Posts: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by legitposter View Post
What's funny is if we ever met in real life we'd probably be all touchy feely and hugging and all this fairy stuff. So yeah.
Even though you are very smart and witty, I'm just not sure that you would be making a good decision if we met in real life. Because of lack of money they turned off my water so I haven't taken a bath, or shower in over a year. Plus I don't have any money to buy deodorant. I'm so ripe, that I can't stand myself.
So most of your ideas/suggestions are genius, I would think twice about this one..............: nonono:

I apologize to the rest of you members and the op for getting this thread off target, but I just could not resist responding to him, again, my apologies!
Old Dogger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #19
TOK
Jeeper
 
TOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
damn 8000 miles and my "change oil" indicator still has not triggered. 2013 jku.
I thought the spec was no more than 8k regardless of the indicator?
TOK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
metaldemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 52
I find it weird that the 2012 Pentastar uses 5-30w, and the 2013 uses 5-20w. I am using the 5-30w in my 2012, but I really don't like the light weight of the oil. I have always used 10-30w in the winter, and 10-40w in the summer. In North Carolina I used 20-50w in the summer. Although these Pentastar engine have a variable vane oil pump. It is electrically controlled, which make me think of all the problems later down the road. We are never going to get the miles from these engines that we got from the 4.0 liter. That is why I kept my old Jeep.
metaldemon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In The Hot South West AZ
Posts: 996
I have a 2013 Rubicon and after a lengthy conversation with my Dealers Service Manager, whom has a 2013 Sahara, we are both using 5w/30. The 5 viscosity gets the oil quicker at start up and the 30w at normal operating temperature will offer the needed oil film of protection. Please keep in mind that we are in Phoenix and we have already seen over 100 degrees this year.
Their Service Manager has been back to the plant this year and has not been able to get any justification as to why 2012 5w/30 and 2013 5w/20 recommendations. His take on it is for them to meet the Federal mandate on fuel consumption, they are using lighter oil for less parasitic loss.
It just doesn't make sense.

As to will the Pentastar run as long as the 4.0. Well very few engines if any do.
Only time will tell.
Miser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
st1264's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor, ON (near Detroit)
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miser View Post
I have a 2013 Rubicon and after a lengthy conversation with my Dealers Service Manager, whom has a 2013 Sahara, we are both using 5w/30. The 5 viscosity gets the oil quicker at start up and the 30w at normal operating temperature will offer the needed oil film of protection. Please keep in mind that we are in Phoenix and we have already seen over 100 degrees this year.
Their Service Manager has been back to the plant this year and has not been able to get any justification as to why 2012 5w/30 and 2013 5w/20 recommendations. His take on it is for them to meet the Federal mandate on fuel consumption, they are using lighter oil for less parasitic loss.
It just doesn't make sense.

As to will the Pentastar run as long as the 4.0. Well very few engines if any do.
Only time will tell.
Doubt it. 4.0 was a beast. Hard to duplicate that.

It seems nobody agrees (including the experts) on the synthetic/conventional debate so I'll just do my own thing.
st1264 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #23
TOK
Jeeper
 
TOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miser View Post
Their Service Manager has been back to the plant this year and has not been able to get any justification as to why 2012 5w/30 and 2013 5w/20 recommendations. His take on it is for them to meet the Federal mandate on fuel consumption, they are using lighter oil for less parasitic loss.
It just doesn't make sense.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was it, which is why I made the CAFE reference in my initial post... Corporate Average Fuel Economy calculates the average MPG across their fleet.

The goal for now to 2016 is 35 mpg and for 2017 on its 39. Since it is averaged across the model line, for every 12 MPG Ram or Viper that is sold, everything else has to pick up the slack to stay above average.

I think all trucks below 8500lbs are factored in, which is why you see Dodge doing the 4/6/8 thing, Ford pushing turbo V6's and Chevy offering mild hybrid trucks. It gets to the point where 1/10th of a MPG across the fleet matters.

My concern is that I'm doing all my own oil changes (stapling my receipts in a book), my oil cap calls for 5w/20, I want to run 5 or 10w/30, and Chrysler seems to want to void warranties on any technicality they can find.

Maybe I should pick up a 2012 oil filler cap and play stupid(er).
TOK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In The Hot South West AZ
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
Doubt it. 4.0 was a beast. Hard to duplicate that.

It seems nobody agrees (including the experts) on the synthetic/conventional debate so I'll just do my own thing.
I agree with you on both subjects! I had a 4.0 in a 2003 TJ and yes, that engine has a track record of second to none. Some of the Members are getting over 300,000 miles with no major failures. That's just unheard of!

As for Synthetic, verses Conventional. I am a conventional guy and for every positive thing that I say about Conventional somebody else will say the same for synthetic. So it is a mute point and the discussion would be endless, with no resolve. I'm confident that your engine will have a lot of longevity with either or as long as it gets changed.
Good Luck with your choice!
Miser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In The Hot South West AZ
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOK View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was it, which is why I made the CAFE reference in my initial post... Corporate Average Fuel Economy calculates the average MPG across their fleet.

The goal for now to 2016 is 35 mpg and for 2017 on its 39. Since it is averaged across the model line, for every 12 MPG Ram or Viper that is sold, everything else has to pick up the slack to stay above average.

I think all trucks below 8500lbs are factored in, which is why you see Dodge doing the 4/6/8 thing, Ford pushing turbo V6's and Chevy offering mild hybrid trucks. It gets to the point where 1/10th of a MPG across the fleet matters.

My concern is that I'm doing all my own oil changes (stapling my receipts in a book), my oil cap calls for 5w/20, I want to run 5 or 10w/30, and Chrysler seems to want to void warranties on any technicality they can find.

Maybe I should pick up a 2012 oil filler cap and play stupid(er).
I also change my own oil. I do understand your concern, but do not feel that warranty would be voided by using 5w/30, rather than 5w/20. Particularly in a high ambient temperature climate where I live. If I lived in Alaska, then I would probably stick with the 5w/20.
I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and lets just keep our fingers crossed that we don't have a oil related failure.
Miser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
chris4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miser View Post
I have a 2013 Rubicon and after a lengthy conversation with my Dealers Service Manager, whom has a 2013 Sahara, we are both using 5w/30. The 5 viscosity gets the oil quicker at start up and the 30w at normal operating temperature will offer the needed oil film of protection. Please keep in mind that we are in Phoenix and we have already seen over 100 degrees this year.
Their Service Manager has been back to the plant this year and has not been able to get any justification as to why 2012 5w/30 and 2013 5w/20 recommendations. His take on it is for them to meet the Federal mandate on fuel consumption, they are using lighter oil for less parasitic loss.
It just doesn't make sense.

As to will the Pentastar run as long as the 4.0. Well very few engines if any do.
Only time will tell.
Although the 5w-30 has a larger temperature operating range, the "lighter" 5w-20 will help keep the engine cooler in the summers out here. The thinner oil will shed heat, and collect it faster than the 30 wt. as well as reduce heat from friction. To add, with the 20 wt., the oil pump can pump more volume than with the 30 wt. Adding the tight tollerances in the engine, bearings, etc., and that the VVT system uses oil pressure to operate correctly, unless proven other wise, it might be best to stick with the 5w-20 as recomended. Modern oils still offer fantastic protection, even at the thinner weights. Oil is non compressable, so as long as there is a film between metal parts, all is good. And thinner oil creates less friction. My take is this......is the 5w-20 oil more for getting better mpg out of a vehicle, or are engines being manufactured to closer tolerances, with smaller (more narow) oil passages, tighter bearing fitments/tolerances, and such to get a more efficient engine? If switching to a lighter oil was a magic bullit to get better mpg, I think more manufactures would be throwing it in their engines. But with modern VVT systems, and much tighter tollerances, the thinner oil might be required to better cool, and lubricate the internals.
__________________
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
chris4x4 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
dirt road inspector

WF Supporting Member
 
tomthbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Deep East Texas
Posts: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
damn 8000 miles and my "change oil" indicator still has not triggered. 2013 jku.
Keep on driving. The dashboard leader will instruct you.
__________________
tomthbomb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
lexington01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 420
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Although the 5w-30 has a larger temperature operating range, the "lighter" 5w-20 will help keep the engine cooler in the summers out here. The thinner oil will shed heat, and collect it faster than the 30 wt. as well as reduce heat from friction.
I'm no engineer, but I have to respectfully disagree with you here. I have a hard time believing that the oil has much to do with engine temperature. That's the cooling system's job, not the oil.

I'm betting this is something that's been proven in a lab, but has little to do with real world applications. I'd be surprised if the oil type influenced the engine temp more than a couple of degrees. But like I said, I'm no engineer so I'd be interested to see some studies on this.
lexington01 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #29
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
SilverSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20,493
Send a message via Yahoo to SilverSport
Motor oil is responsible for a large percentage of the cooling that takes place within your engine. Your radiator (anti-freeze system) is only responsible for cooling the upper portion of your engine. The rest (crankshaft, camshaft, timing gears, pistons, main and connecting rod bearings and many other critical engine components are cooled mainly by the motor oil within your engine.
Heat is generated within an engine from both the combustion process and the friction caused by the motion of engine components. As oil passes through the system it is directed onto these hot surfaces in order to carry the heat away to the oil pan. From here the heat is dissipated to the air surrounding the pan.

Read more: What Does Oil Do - The Motor Oil Evaluator
__________________
"Own a Jeep and own a piece of history."

"The Hunter is not concerned with the opinion of the Wolf."
SilverSport is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
lexington01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 420
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport View Post
Motor oil is responsible for a large percentage of the cooling that takes place within your engine. Your radiator (anti-freeze system) is only responsible for cooling the upper portion of your engine. The rest (crankshaft, camshaft, timing gears, pistons, main and connecting rod bearings and many other critical engine components are cooled mainly by the motor oil within your engine.
Heat is generated within an engine from both the combustion process and the friction caused by the motion of engine components. As oil passes through the system it is directed onto these hot surfaces in order to carry the heat away to the oil pan. From here the heat is dissipated to the air surrounding the pan.

Read more: What Does Oil Do - The Motor Oil Evaluator
Okay so I was wrong about that half of the equation, but would 5w-20 really offer any measurable difference in engine temperature over 5w-30?

lexington01 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC