Flame Suit on...20's ? - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP-RI View Post
I run factory 18 's with Destination M/T s which make a perfect urban combination. Why all the hate on larger wheels? I out fit my jeep the way "I" want. Why hate on some ones mods?
Answered your own question.

Bubba68CS is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #32
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Meh, no biggie.

Big rims, chrome, 2WD Jeeps, etc. are classic topics of ball-busting on this forum. That's just the way it is. You'll get good answers but they're going to come with some ribbing and maybe even a noogie. As long as everybody keeps it light then I say we're all good. Heck, even the OP mentioned in the title that he's got his "Flame Suit" on.

MTH is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
Texas TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 170
There's a Jeep in the picture?
__________________
TxTC
1987 Wrangler (AMC)
2006 Wrangler (Chrysler)
2007 Wrangler (Daimler-Chrysler)
2011 Wrangler (Fiat-Chrysler)
Texas TC is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
Meh, no biggie.

Big rims, chrome, 2WD Jeeps, etc. are classic topics of ball-busting on this forum. That's just the way it is. You'll get good answers but they're going to come with some ribbing and maybe even a noogie. As long as everybody keeps it light then I say we're all good. Heck, even the OP mentioned in the title that he's got his "Flame Suit" on.

I'm only new here not to forums, you go against some of the norm you have to take the heat........Looks like a very good crowd of knowledgable people willing to passionetly share! and that's what it is all about..
deepbluerubi is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #35
Drives by Braille

WF Supporting Member
 
AzTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: For-8-Oh!
Posts: 13,629
Dubs are dope yo.

AzTJ is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
JEEP-RI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba68CS View Post
Answered your own question.
So urban combination is bad? Not everyone can be as cool and ride the open mountains of the world. Dare go where only toyotas and hummers dream,"Sarcasm" incase you didnt know.

__________________
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon


JEEP-RI is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny HotFoot View Post
I wanna see the vette with the plow. I need a good laugh.

He had a nickname for it, but I can't remember right now. It was almost criminal to witness. Easy to do, vettes have full frames so just unbolt it from it's original home and bolt it on to another 4X4 host. Obviously a bit more than that, but it didn't look well done. Kind of one of those, just because you can doesn't mean you should.
deepbluerubi is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blstravler View Post
Ok, the "Donk" was funny as hell, how do you even find wheels that big!

Bud those thirties and a set of rubber will set you back $10k minimum. There is a whole subculture out there and yes even a Donk Forum. I wanted to know what would/could break and ride characteristics. From experience I don't like to take anything more that a couple of inches over stock in wheels. Apperarance and preferences are always personal. Like Grandpa used to say "if we all liked the same thing we would all be after Grandma"
deepbluerubi is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
YJPunisher213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 299
Images: 14
Just give me the model. They can keep the Hummer clone.
YJPunisher213 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP-RI View Post
So urban combination is bad? Not everyone can be as cool and ride the open mountains of the world. Dare go where only toyotas and hummers dream,"Sarcasm" incase you didnt know.

The Wrangler is perhaps the only no compromise off-road vehicle still available in the US market. If you never go off-road, there is absolutely no logical reason to purchase a Wrangler...other vehicles are better in pretty much every way on-road. Even the rest of Jeep's lineup has made compromises to give better on-road performance for the urban environment. Thats just the way things were built.

Now, buying a vehicle is rarely a logical decision and MANY people buy them with no intention of going off-road. Thats fine...you paid for it, do whatever you want with it. But don't be surprised when fans of the vehicle give you a hard time for trying to turn it into something it was never intended to be. As I said earlier, Corvette fans are going to give you a hard time if you try putting 35's on it. Jeep fans are going to give you a hard time for putting 20's on it. Want to avoid ridicule? Keep the vehicle to its intended purpose. Want to go against that? Develop thick skin and a good attitude like deepbluerubi seems to have.
Bubba68CS is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut08 View Post
Wow as I read that I thought it could have been written by me! Except my 'Vette is a C6. Even the part about not being able to do extreme off road stuff because the wife loves it and drives it as her DD. Even the wave bit fits. The only issue is things like yesterday when we were in the Jeep and the wife says, "How come you didn't wave at that C4? Was it because it was dirty and had bad paint?" I said, "No it's because we're in the Jeep!"

Oh yeah, I like the look of those wheels....especially on the blue Jeep.

Fellow Vetter good to hear there are some others on here. I have a deep blue rubi 2 door like the pic. I wouldn't mind a C6 myself, but with four kids and only one of them driving and all the activites my vettes get a lot of garage time. I just sold my 63 SWC two weeks ago, but still have a 67 vert and a 57. My neighbor told my wife she looks sexy in the jeep now she tries to shed the SUV mom image with it every chance she gets................ The jeeps are much more family friendly and they are a hell uv a lot of fun. Jeeps and Vettes two huge American icons of the automotive industry.
deepbluerubi is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba68CS View Post
The Wrangler is perhaps the only no compromise off-road vehicle still available in the US market. If you never go off-road, there is absolutely no logical reason to purchase a Wrangler...other vehicles are better in pretty much every way on-road. Even the rest of Jeep's lineup has made compromises to give better on-road performance for the urban environment. Thats just the way things were built.

Now, buying a vehicle is rarely a logical decision and MANY people buy them with no intention of going off-road. Thats fine...you paid for it, do whatever you want with it. But don't be surprised when fans of the vehicle give you a hard time for trying to turn it into something it was never intended to be. As I said earlier, Corvette fans are going to give you a hard time if you try putting 35's on it. Jeep fans are going to give you a hard time for putting 20's on it. Want to avoid ridicule? Keep the vehicle to its intended purpose. Want to go against that? Develop thick skin and a good attitude like deepbluerubi seems to have.
Thank You Bud I. I have to snap you some pics of my Bombi Br100. Hell, everyone knows real off road rigs have TRACKS.....
deepbluerubi is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepbluerubi View Post
Thank You Bud I. I have to snap you some pics of my Bombi Br100. Hell, everyone knows real off road rigs have TRACKS.....


Bubba68CS is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba68CS View Post
There you go now, that's another thing I was into when I had hair............. But breaking a track on a bombi puts it sideways and you then see the value in a rollbar in a hurry.

Four kids and a wife and a business that depends on me so for now totally out of the question.. But nothing like the freedom feel off road on a bike.
deepbluerubi is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
Meh, no biggie.

Big rims, chrome, 2WD Jeeps, etc. are classic topics of ball-busting on this forum. That's just the way it is. You'll get good answers but they're going to come with some ribbing and maybe even a noogie. As long as everybody keeps it light then I say we're all good. Heck, even the OP mentioned in the title that he's got his "Flame Suit" on.

Couldn't agree more, by the way I can't seem to find the part number from quadratec for the fart can ricer exhaust pipe for the JK? Good night guys.... Thanks for all the laughs
deepbluerubi is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #46
Jeeper
 
JEEP-RI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba68CS View Post
The Wrangler is perhaps the only no compromise off-road vehicle still available in the US market. If you never go off-road, there is absolutely no logical reason to purchase a Wrangler...other vehicles are better in pretty much every way on-road. Even the rest of Jeep's lineup has made compromises to give better on-road performance for the urban environment. Thats just the way things were built.

Now, buying a vehicle is rarely a logical decision and MANY people buy them with no intention of going off-road. Thats fine...you paid for it, do whatever you want with it. But don't be surprised when fans of the vehicle give you a hard time for trying to turn it into something it was never intended to be. As I said earlier, Corvette fans are going to give you a hard time if you try putting 35's on it. Jeep fans are going to give you a hard time for putting 20's on it. Want to avoid ridicule? Keep the vehicle to its intended purpose. Want to go against that? Develop thick skin and a good attitude like deepbluerubi seems to have.
Quite simply the most ignorant statement I have seen in some time about any vehicle. Under that notion I should sell my Mustang GT because I will never go 140 plus in it. I should also sell my Kawasaki 600 because I will never push it to 160+mph. I will also be selling my assault rifles because I will never hunt down another person,thats what they were made for right?
You sir are too funny. Gotta go now I am heading to Pepboys to get my 22's and hydraulics and slam my jeep to the ground! Maybe one of those fat import mufflers and some neon lights for the bottom all because I can.
__________________
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon


JEEP-RI is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #47
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP-RI View Post
Quite simply the most ignorant statement I have seen in some time about any vehicle. Under that notion I should sell my Mustang GT because I will never go 140 plus in it. I should also sell my Kawasaki 600 because I will never push it to 160+mph. I will also be selling my assault rifles because I will never hunt down another person,thats what they were made for right?
You sir are too funny. Gotta go now I am heading to Pepboys to get my 22's and hydraulics and slam my jeep to the ground! Maybe one of those fat import mufflers and some neon lights for the bottom all because I can.
I will be more than happy to retract that statement if you can LOGICALLY tell me why you NEED that Mustang or 600.

You won't be able to justify it...LOGICALLY. If you had read the second paragraph, you'd see I specifically stated buying a vehicle is rarely a logical decision. I don't own a Jeep Wrangler, 68 Olds Cutlass, or Kawasaki ZX-14 for logical reasons...well, there are some logical reasons in there, but none can justify their purchase over other available vehicles.

You can cry all you like about it...but it is the plain and simple truth. Buying a vehicle is largely an emotional decision.
Bubba68CS is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
Droelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Texas
Posts: 361
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba68CS
No flaming...we're always glad to help out. To answer your question, you wanted to check out the HUMMER dealership...they're very experienced with these things
Epic!

Sent from my thread killing droid!
__________________
BOTTUMS UP! TOPS OFF!
Droelle is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
JEEP-RI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba68CS View Post
I will be more than happy to retract that statement if you can LOGICALLY tell me why you NEED that Mustang or 600.

You won't be able to justify it...LOGICALLY. If you had read the second paragraph, you'd see I specifically stated buying a vehicle is rarely a logical decision. I don't own a Jeep Wrangler, 68 Olds Cutlass, or Kawasaki ZX-14 for logical reasons...well, there are some logical reasons in there, but none can justify their purchase over other available vehicles.

You can cry all you like about it...but it is the plain and simple truth. Buying a vehicle is largely an emotional decision.
With ongoing statements such as these you are just entrenching my point deeper and deeper in concrete. Gotta go now and sell my space shuttle since I have no intentions of ever going to the moon. This thread has lost its life,yawn.
__________________
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon


JEEP-RI is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wichita
Posts: 57
The thread did lose it's life. It's irrelevant now. Talking about 20" rims to "logic" uses of vehicles. Basically when it comes down to major decisions, do what you want. It's not a bad thing to seek knowledge, but you're the one paying, do what makes you happy.
JakeRupp is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP-RI View Post
With ongoing statements such as these you are just entrenching my point deeper and deeper in concrete. Gotta go now and sell my space shuttle since I have no intentions of ever going to the moon. This thread has lost its life,yawn.
Wow *shakes head* You are just trying to fight.

You've proven your point? That being that it is logical to purchase a Wrangler solely for on-road use (and further that it was logical to purchase that Mustang and 600 cc sport bike for on-road use)? I'm still waiting to hear why that makes logical sense over the other vehicles you could have bought. Saying my post proves your point doesn't make it so...its simply a childish response to take the spotlight off the fact you have no response.

If you are honest with yourself, you'll acknowledge it was an emotional decision. Which, AS I SAID, is normal - most people purchase vehicles on emotion more than logic.

And I never said anything about selling the vehicle because it makes no logical sense - that was you. I said I was fine with it...I said every vehicle I own was purchased on emotion rather than logic. YOU are the one who takes issue with the idea that it wasn't the logical choice.

So if you'd like to go and reread what was ACTUALLY written, and come back with an adult response, I'd be happy to continue the discussion of why people purchase vehicles. Otherwise, I'm out...
Bubba68CS is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: West Point, New York (USMA)
Posts: 31
Can I get everything in the picture. I'll sell the tires and wheels if I can keep the chick.
Anschutz is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 80
As people have posted many times on many car forums, arguing on the Internet is like the Special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.

And just like other car forums, this one is no different, people more often then not want to give their opinion instead of responding to the actual point/question of the post. Usually causing an argument or a bunch of useless pointless comments, all because they don't like it; well guess what other people have different opinions and likes they you do so get over yourself.

I've posted on here a few times and I have quickly seen that unless you are lifting your jeep to go rock crawling you shouldn't post and god forbid you if you replace your stock headlights with ones that one person on this forum disagrees with. Or god forbid you didn't read the manual, lol why do you think people post here, FOR HELP, not to have some dumb f@ck comment on why you should read the manual. Guess what not everyone reads the manual, GET OVER IT and try to post a useful response!
Blstravler is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
Redjeepmormon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blstravler
As people have posted many times on many car forums, arguing on the Internet is like the Special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.

And just like other car forums, this one is no different, people more often then not want to give their opinion instead of responding to the actual point/question of the post. Usually causing an argument or a bunch of useless pointless comments, all because they don't like it; well guess what other people have different opinions and likes they you do so get over yourself.

I've posted on here a few times and I have quickly seen that unless you are lifting your jeep to go rock crawling you shouldn't post and god forbid you if you replace your stock headlights with ones that one person on this forum disagrees with. Or god forbid you didn't read the manual, lol why do you think people post here, FOR HELP, not to have some dumb f@ck comment on why you should read the manual. Guess what not everyone reads the manual, GET OVER IT and try to post a useful response!
Lol and you are the reason people post obvious things like "read the manual" and "20 inch rims look silly". Keep posting buddy. You are the fuel to the "read the manual" comments. [grabs popcorn] okay. I'm ready. Please continue.
Redjeepmormon is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjeepmormon View Post
Lol and you are the reason people post obvious things like "read the manual" and "20 inch rims look silly". Keep posting buddy. You are the fuel to the "read the manual" comments. [grabs popcorn] okay. I'm ready. Please continue.
That makes no sense, how am I the reason, please explain, I'd love to hear your infinite wisdom on this, please I beg you explain your comment and how I am the reason. So put the popcorn down and explain.
Blstravler is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjeepmormon View Post
It's a jeep. It doesn't need 20" wheels. JMO. Sorry I can't help with your other questions. Good luck!
And this is you proving my point, 1st response to the thread, no useful information, just wanting everyone to know your opinion, uh guess what, and don't be upset okay... I don't think anyone cares!
Blstravler is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #57
Jeeper
 
Redjeepmormon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blstravler

That makes no sense, how am I the reason, please explain, I'd love to hear your infinite wisdom on this, please I beg you explain your comment and how I am the reason. So put the popcorn down and explain.
Proved my point...
Redjeepmormon is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
Redjeepmormon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blstravler

And this is you proving my point, 1st response to the thread, no useful information, just wanting everyone to know your opinion, uh guess what, and don't be upset okay... I don't think anyone cares!
You mad?
Redjeepmormon is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #59
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Jp90Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,139
__________________
Jp90Talon is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
Redjeepmormon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 622
Lmbo!^^

Redjeepmormon is offline   Quick Reply
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show your Flame Red Elevated Offroad JK General Discussion Forum 50 11-02-2011 12:59 PM
please post picks of you Red Rock Cyrstal or Flame Red Umlimiteds...... Hockey Goalie JK General Discussion Forum 2 06-13-2010 07:13 AM
Why it is hard to find a yellow and flame red? angkorthom JK Pics Forum 22 01-24-2010 04:47 PM
prostitute bus driver punches man in dog suit... tiny terror Off-Topic 11 03-04-2009 10:22 AM
New Here Don't Flame me!!! pairomedicsfish TJ General Discussion Forum 42 12-13-2007 12:54 AM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC