So I searched for this in previous threads and couldn't find anything do with my question. I apologize if this has been discussed before.
How do you get the jeep into neutral when the battery is dead? I know there is a bypass somewhere but not sure where.
From the manual:
SHIFT LEVER OVERRIDE
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be
moved out of the PARK position, you can use the
following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without
starting the engine (engine Off).
3. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove
the shift lever override access cover, located on the
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using the screwdriver or similar tool, reach into the
opening and press and hold the shift lever override.
6. Move the shift lever to NEUTRAL.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
There ya go
2012 2 Door Wrangler Soft Top