Goldie Valvista - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
5150Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 470
Goldie Valvista

I know its nothing crazy...but I just installed the mopar gas cap to replace the stock. Looks awesome in my opinion, and was super easy to do thanks to Goldie Valvista and Mr. Wood...And "Your friends don't have one"


__________________
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"
5150Rubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
BadOleRoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lynchburg VA
Posts: 898
Did the same to mine several months ago. Love the look over the stock gas filler!

__________________
2013 JKU True Blue, 4" Zone Lift, 35x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, ION 171 Black and Machined Wheels
BadOleRoss is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Wingsnut72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150Rubicon View Post
I know its nothing crazy...but I just installed the mopar gas cap to replace the stock. Looks awesome in my opinion, and was super easy to do thanks to Goldie Valvista and Mr. Wood...And "Your friends don't have one"
When I installed mine I used that video. Teraflex has some good instructional videos. The humor sells it though. Goldie Valvista should get best supporting actress!
Wingsnut72 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
5150Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsnut72 View Post
When I installed mine I used that video. Teraflex has some good instructional videos. The humor sells it though. Goldie Valvista should get best supporting actress!
Pinion angles, 35's, approach angle, full compression, bla bla bla....just gimme more Valvista!
__________________
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"
5150Rubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
laollis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Twin Falls
Posts: 609
I checked them out and seems a bit pricey. Any sales anywhere?
__________________
OlllllllO Another Day in Paradise with my Gecko!

One Life. Live It.
laollis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
5150Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by laollis View Post
I checked them out and seems a bit pricey. Any sales anywhere?
I saw them a bunch of places for $120....finally bought them from amazon.com for $96 and free shipping. A little pricey even at $96...but I really like it.
__________________
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"
5150Rubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Scott2373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williamson, NY
Posts: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by laollis View Post
I checked them out and seems a bit pricey. Any sales anywhere?
$66 on eBay is the cheapest you'll find them anywhere. They come from China, but there are genuine Mopar. Seller is serena_autoparts. This is the one I just put on about 2 weeks ago. It took less than a week to receive too! This is a great seller! Check out her other auctions for Wrangler and other Jeep accessories!
Here is a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Shippin...item3cd16ddbfb
__________________
2013 Sport in Commando Green
3.73 Gears, A/C, 6-Speed
/_|o[___]o
[I---L-OllllllO
-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
MOLON LABE
Scott2373 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #8
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,417
eBay is the cheapest source. But, be careful! At least one WF member reported getting a poor quality Chinese knock-off. (I would skip the too cheap $66 one and go for a US sourced one, even though they are about $20 more.)

Also, be sure you get the appropriate model - they are specific for 2-door or 4-door, and they are not interchangeable.
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
laollis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Twin Falls
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post
eBay is the cheapest source. But, be careful! At least one WF member reported getting a poor quality Chinese knock-off. (I would skip the too cheap $66 one and go for a US sourced one, even though they are about $20 more.)

Also, be sure you get the appropriate model - they are specific for 2-door or 4-door, and they are not interchangeable.
I didn't know there was a 2dr and 4dr one. Thanks!
__________________
OlllllllO Another Day in Paradise with my Gecko!

One Life. Live It.
laollis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
laollis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Twin Falls
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2373 View Post
$66 on eBay is the cheapest you'll find them anywhere. They come from China, but there are genuine Mopar. Seller is serena_autoparts. This is the one I just put on about 2 weeks ago. It took less than a week to receive too! This is a great seller! Check out her other auctions for Wrangler and other Jeep accessories!
Here is a link: Free Shipping for Jeep Wrangler 07 13 JK Mopar Fuel Filler Door Black 4 Door | eBay
Cheapest I find on ebay is $88.00 for the 2013 2dr and shipped from China for $10.00. No for ebay, Looks like Amazon is the place for these!
__________________
OlllllllO Another Day in Paradise with my Gecko!

One Life. Live It.
laollis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #11
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by laollis View Post
Cheapest I find on ebay is $88.00 for the 2013 2dr and shipped from China for $10.00. No for ebay, Looks like Amazon is the place for these!
Shipped from Dallas, TX - can't get much more American than that:

Wrangler JK Black Fuel Filler Door 82210285AB Mopar 07 13 New Jeep 2 Door | eBay

Find more with this search:

wrangler black fuel door mopar | eBay
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
b.lister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 100
[QUOTE="Up Hill Bill;3882269"]

Shipped from Dallas, TX - can't get much more American than that:

Wrangler JK Black Fuel Filler Door 82210285AB Mopar 07 13 New Jeep 2 Door | eBay

^^ What he said. Bought this for 86.90 and have no regrets. Great price, service and USA genuine OEM Mopar part. I will always choose to support the USA when possible.

Painted screws flat black before install; looks great, easy install.

__________________
You should see my bug collection... I keep it scattered on Jeep windshields around the country.
b.lister is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC