Headlight daylight sensor - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Todd2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 129
Headlight daylight sensor

Anyone ever had an issue with their headlights and fog lights not turning off when the selector is in the auto position during daylight hours? My lights seem to stay on all the time ever since I got my soft top installed.

Todd2211 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 41
Is it a factory top or aftermarket? Do you have tinted windows? Do they go off when the top is down?

chucknbob is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Sueby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd2211 View Post
Anyone ever had an issue with their headlights and fog lights not turning off when the selector is in the auto position during daylight hours? My lights seem to stay on all the time ever since I got my soft top installed.
I had an issue where the lights, in auto mode, would go completely off after driving through bright lights (like a lit tunnel or a bright gas station) & then they wouldn't come back on till the next day no matter what I did. They replaced the sensor on the dash for me today. A bad sensor could be your issue too.
Sueby is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Todd2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 129
It's a brand new 2014 Rubicon. Only had it since the 10th of Aug. I ordered the soft top from the dealer and they installed it. The top windows are tinted. Oh crap I just realized I have a ball cap that I have been sitting on the dash. If the sensor is in the middle of the dash maybe I've covered it up with my hat. Will have to check that tomorrow.
Todd2211 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Sueby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd2211 View Post
It's a brand new 2014 Rubicon. Only had it since the 10th of Aug. I ordered the soft top from the dealer and they installed it. The top windows are tinted. Oh crap I just realized I have a ball cap that I have been sitting on the dash. If the sensor is in the middle of the dash maybe I've covered it up with my hat. Will have to check that tomorrow.
That'll be it!
Sueby is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Todd2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 129
Doh! That was it. Moved my hat and sure enough the lights went out.
Todd2211 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
tupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 145
Don't you wish all problems were that easy to fix?
tupper is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Todd2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupper View Post
Don't you wish all problems were that easy to fix?
Yeah no kiddin'.
Todd2211 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Sibass55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 30
I did this before.

Sibass55 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC