04-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Join Date: Mar 2013
HSA is an option that is an upgrade on some vehicles. Not all JKs have it. But here is a Star case that gives you the info you need. Also it works in reverse if the front of the vehicle is pointed downhill & trans is in reverse. It doesn't engage if the trans is in nuetral & releases if the gas isn't pushed within a few seconds.
BNG is the sales code for the HSA equipped vehicles. The HSA system is designed to assist theto re-enable HSA functionality.
driver in launching a vehicle on an incline. If the need arises to disable the system, there are two
methods to disable the system depending on the vehicles equipment.
With EVIC vehicles:
If the vehicle is equipped with an EVIC system, the HSA can be disabled through the customer
programmable features menu.
Non-EVIC equipped vehicles:
1. Begin with the engine off and vehicle in Park (automatic transmission) or Neutral with clutch out
(manual transmission) with wheels straight. Apply parking brake on manual transmission vehicle.
2. Start the engine.
3. With the engine running, the brake applied, and the clutch out, rotate the steering wheel 180°
counter-clockwise from center.
4. Press ESP button four times within twenty seconds. The “ESP/TCS Indicator Light” should appear
and disappear four times.
5. Rotate the steering wheel 360° clockwise (180° clockwise from center).
6. Cycle ignition switch OFF then ON.
7. If the sequence was completed properly, the “ESP/TCS Indicator Light” will blink several times to
confirm HSA is off. Steps 1-7 must be completed within 90 seconds to turn off HSA. Repeat steps 1-7
ASE Certified Master Tech
Chrysler Certified Tech - bringing you info straight from the stealership on the cheap.