I upgraded 130 to 430 RBZ and I'm not looking back. - Page 12 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #331
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
LewdDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdambm View Post
I could be wrong but it will probably need flashed to tell the canbus to look for.it
so any with NAV going in a JK that did not have nav, would need to be flashed?

LewdDude is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #332
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jdambm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. louis, Mo
Posts: 902
Images: 6
Send a message via Yahoo to jdambm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewdDude View Post
so any with NAV going in a JK that did not have nav, would need to be flashed?
My thought s would.be the canbus would need to be told what to look for.like adding the commander backupcam the code.needs.to be added so.the canbus finds it

jdambm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #333
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
LewdDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdambm View Post
My thought s would.be the canbus would need to be told what to look for.like adding the commander backupcam the code.needs.to be added so.the canbus finds it
Makes sense. The question would be then if the dealer will take the time to bother...

Thanks!
LewdDude is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #334
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,574
Images: 13
I'm not sure if it has to be flashed or not. I know there is something different that happens the first time a new unit is installed...but I'm not sure if it is a flash, or if the unit just mates with the CANbus.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #335
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
supercazzola's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A Rocket Ranch
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUCRUSHMIKE View Post
I installed the part number listed above and it works flawless. Changed over to jeep sign, has no Bluetooth issues and I was able to transfer the Sirius trial for 20 bucks. I love this head unit, it's like I have a new jeep again. It also shows album art from USB or cd.
Verify you have RBZ, please. I'm in direct contact with Chrysler radio engineer and he says album art not possible with RBZ.
supercazzola is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #336
Jeeper
 
Jasvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercazzola View Post

Verify you have RBZ, please. I'm in direct contact with Chrysler radio engineer and he says album art not possible with RBZ.
It is possible. Everything I have loaded on mine shows album art work as long as its not a recent cd. But I imported mine from cd not thumb drive.
Jasvan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #337
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
LewdDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 317
ok, so I took the plunge on a NIB OEM RHB 430N with NAV. It has green LED's and I will update this weekend wend I put it in as to what, if anything, doesn't work. Fingers crossed. I will probably regret not just settling for the RBZ I found, but hey, we're jeepers right? we like adventure! lol
LewdDude is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #338
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jdambm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. louis, Mo
Posts: 902
Images: 6
Send a message via Yahoo to jdambm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewdDude View Post
ok, so I took the plunge on a NIB OEM RHB 430N with NAV. It has green LED's and I will update this weekend wend I put it in as to what, if anything, doesn't work. Fingers crossed. I will probably regret not just settling for the RBZ I found, but hey, we're jeepers right? we like adventure! lol
good luck
jdambm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #339
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 632
It seems like Uconnect and and RBZ is close to $700 if I do it all myself and that is without the backup camera. Approx $400 for RBZ (chepest I have seen regularly for a non-damaged unit) and $300 for Uconnect module.

I know I can get an aftermarket head unit for $300-$400 that does a lot of the above (I have a spare ipod I can link up for the HD on the aftermarket unit) but my concern is this. I have not seen an after market head unit that holds up over time. Havent seen a factory one that losses buttons or has cheap plastic that flakes off or overall that doesnt seem dated.

Is it just me or are there good aftermarket units that hold up like the factory ones that do?

Or ones that may not scream steal me?
KC_Hawker is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #340
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,574
Images: 13
I you don't have the connectivity package, I would go straight to aftermarket.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #341
Jeeper
 
JGreer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
It seems like Uconnect and and RBZ is close to $700 if I do it all myself and that is without the backup camera. Approx $400 for RBZ (chepest I have seen regularly for a non-damaged unit) and $300 for Uconnect module.

I know I can get an aftermarket head unit for $300-$400 that does a lot of the above (I have a spare ipod I can link up for the HD on the aftermarket unit) but my concern is this. I have not seen an after market head unit that holds up over time. Havent seen a factory one that losses buttons or has cheap plastic that flakes off or overall that doesnt seem dated.

Is it just me or are there good aftermarket units that hold up like the factory ones that do?

Or ones that may not scream steal me?
Check out the Pioneer AVIC line. I had one in another vehicle and loved it. Really good quality. They can be a little pricey if you want the new models but they are worth it. I will be going with another AVIC since I do not have UConnect, it is just cheaper to aftermarket than buying the UConnect module.
__________________
'13 Blacked Out JK- 2.5" Rock Krawler Flex System w/ Bilstein 5100s- 15" MB TKOs w/Chaos Center Caps- 35x12.5x15 GY MTR Kevlars- Smittybilt SRC Side Armor- Poison Spyder Brawler Lite w/Brawler Bar- Ace Pro Series Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier
JGreer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #342
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
supercazzola's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A Rocket Ranch
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasvan View Post

It is possible. Everything I have loaded on mine shows album art work as long as its not a recent cd. But I imported mine from cd not thumb drive.
Post or private message me a photo of your setup screen, the one with version info.
supercazzola is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #343
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
laollis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Twin Falls
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewdDude View Post
ok, so I took the plunge on a NIB OEM RHB 430N with NAV. It has green LED's and I will update this weekend wend I put it in as to what, if anything, doesn't work. Fingers crossed. I will probably regret not just settling for the RBZ I found, but hey, we're jeepers right? we like adventure! lol
I'd like to know.
__________________
OlllllllO Another Day in Paradise with my Gecko!

One Life. Live It.
laollis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #344
Jeeper
 
Deepjeep1371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasvan View Post

It is possible. Everything I have loaded on mine shows album art work as long as its not a recent cd. But I imported mine from cd not thumb drive.
Having started this thread, I also would love a pic of that screen. :-$
__________________
"There's more to me than you'll ever know"
Deepjeep1371 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #345
Jeeper
 
Jasvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepjeep1371 View Post

Having started this thread, I also would love a pic of that screen. :-$
Here you go. I want to say build date on this was 2009 or early 2010.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1144810265.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	246427



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1311272179.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	246428
Jasvan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #346
Jeeper
 
Deepjeep1371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasvan View Post

Here you go. I want to say build date on this was 2009 or early 2010.
And just to clarify, you are saving to hard drive via copy disc or thumb drive?. If using the thumb drive to import I'm assuming the pic has to be in the file.
__________________
"There's more to me than you'll ever know"
Deepjeep1371 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #347
Jeeper
 
Deepjeep1371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepjeep1371 View Post

And just to clarify, you are saving to hard drive via copy disc or thumb drive?. If using the thumb drive to import I'm assuming the pic has to be in the file.
Also if I could figure out how to save to hard drive songs with out the pause between tracks. Like listening to Dark Side of the moon without the breaks between tracks. Its a seamless record....hmmm.
__________________
"There's more to me than you'll ever know"
Deepjeep1371 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #348
Jeeper
 
Jasvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepjeep1371 View Post

And just to clarify, you are saving to hard drive via copy disc or thumb drive?. If using the thumb drive to import I'm assuming the pic has to be in the file.
I put the real cd in for album art. That's the only way to do it I believe
If I put a burned cd in it won't do artwork even if its burned from iTunes
It does let you edit on the fly while you listen and it's downloading.
Jasvan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #349
Jeeper
 
Deepjeep1371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasvan View Post

I put the real cd in for album art. That's the only way to do it I believe
If I put a burned cd in it won't do artwork even if its burned from iTunes
It does let you edit on the fly while you listen and it's downloading.
Thanks, makes sense.
__________________
"There's more to me than you'll ever know"
Deepjeep1371 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #350
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 195
I get album art wit cd or USB on rbz
JKUCRUSHMIKE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #351
Jeeper
 
Deepjeep1371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUCRUSHMIKE View Post
I get album art wit cd or USB on rbz
I think to get the art with usb to harddrive the song has to encoded right. I'm gonna have to try it a couple different ways.
__________________
"There's more to me than you'll ever know"
Deepjeep1371 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #352
Jeeper
 
Jasvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUCRUSHMIKE View Post
I get album art wit cd or USB on rbz
I've never tried it before that way. One you get it to work let me know how you did it.
Jasvan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #353
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
supercazzola's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A Rocket Ranch
Posts: 592
Here's what the Chrysler radio engineer clarified for me, and it agrees with Jasvan's observations:


"CD will show album art if it's in grace notes version on radio, and will also show on HDD if imported from that CD."

The key point is, the art is part of the embedded gracenotes database on the radio. Radio software only reads/matches CD fingerprint, but not how it's stored in files. That's why ripped songs from computer, loaded to USB don't pull up album art.

Anyone having it work via USB on an RBZ radio, please tell us how you did it.
supercazzola is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #354
Jeeper
 
1quick1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,002
My 430n should be here Monday. Can't wait! It has the 4 digit security code. My 130 has Sirius so I'm hoping it's PnP.
__________________
2014 Willys
1quick1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #355
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
whayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Grayson County, TX
Posts: 41
I completed this upgrade today. Everything was very easy and this is quite an upgrade!

I posted some details and pictures here, for those interested.

The only caveat I'll add here is that the back of my radio had a green dot, but the button backlighting is blue.
__________________
IIIIII
My Mid-Life Crisis Mod Thread
whayes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #356
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
laollis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Twin Falls
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by whayes View Post
I completed this upgrade today. Everything was very easy and this is quite an upgrade!

I posted some details and pictures here, for those interested.

The only caveat I'll add here is that the back of my radio had a green dot, but the button backlighting is blue.
Nice pics. I so want the same set but in green.
__________________
OlllllllO Another Day in Paradise with my Gecko!

One Life. Live It.
laollis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #357
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,574
Images: 13
Glad it worked...
Interesting about the dot on the back....but with that said...I think all 509's are in blue. So I wonder what the dot is for?
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #358
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
LewdDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 317
I swapped my 130 out for the 430N before work this morning. Truely plug and play! Everything works, NO flash was needed. It's a 509 build, but has green back lit buttons. I will take pictures tonight when it gets dark. Literally 4 screws for the dash, and 4 screws for the radio. Done in 10 minutes flat!
LewdDude is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #359
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,574
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewdDude View Post
I swapped my 130 out for the 430N before work this morning. Truely plug and play! Everything works, NO flash was needed. It's a 509 build, but has green back lit buttons. I will take pictures tonight when it gets dark. Literally 4 screws for the dash, and 4 screws for the radio. Done in 10 minutes flat!
Both the 430(rbz) and 430N are plug and play with the 130, especially if you already have Sirius and Connectivity.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #360
Jeeper
 
1quick1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
Both the 430(rbz) and 430N are plug and play with the 130, especially if you already have Sirius and Connectivity.
This.

I just put a NIB 430n in mine that had the 130 and Sirius. No connectivity. Complete PnP and the steering wheel controls work. The uConnect features (bluetooth calling/streaming) are the only things that don't since I didn't buy/install that feature.

__________________
2014 Willys
1quick1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC