I upgraded 130 to 430 RBZ and I'm not looking back. - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #31
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jwilson2598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
Doing some research on lockpick....noticed this:

UCONNECT AND VOICE RECOGNITION ENABLED ON CAPABLE NAV RADIOS - JUST ADD A MICROPHONE AND YOU ARE READY TO GO

I wonder if that means uconnect can be turned on with the 730n's? What about 430 vs 430n's>
I think this is a holdover from the older JKs when UConnect was not an option. You could use it to enable the UConnect module inside the 730 and have it working. Later on, they updated the firmware to let you turn it on through a secret menu without needing the Lockpick. Now that you can get UConnect on a Wrangler, if you get the 730 it's already activated.

None of this will work on the 430 because the module is external. It would still need to have the module installed and flashed by the dealer, the Lockpick will not enable it on those. The 430 and 130 both rely on the external module, the one included with Connectivity on those, hence why your 430 install was plug and play.

__________________
Jeff

2013 JKU Sahara, Gecko Green, loaded up
10A Springs, Teraflex levling kit, 315/70/17 Duratracs, AEV Pintler wheels, front/rear bumpers and hood
jwilson2598 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
Jasvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 101
So reading this thread I didn't see anyone ask about USB in center console. I ordered a Rbz that I'm installing next week. I have 2013 with connectivity and 130 unit. Will USB in armrest still work? Also did I read correct that even with Connectivity pack I still will need a dealer flash?
Thanks in advance.

Jasvan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
wrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pixburgh
Posts: 49
I think there is an extra connector for the radio if you have the armrest ipod connector. You should be good as long as you got a newer RBZ and not the REN. Shouldn't need a flash if you have the connectivity pack. The earlier posts deal with the 730 and 730n that come with connectivity built in. 430 and 430n rely on the connectivity package for bluetooth. You may need a security code if the lower left corner of the screen says "Antitheft" though.
wrix is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #34
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,645
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasvan View Post
So reading this thread I didn't see anyone ask about USB in center console. I ordered a Rbz that I'm installing next week. I have 2013 with connectivity and 130 unit. Will USB in armrest still work? Also did I read correct that even with Connectivity pack I still will need a dealer flash?
Thanks in advance.
Yes, it still works....so you have two USB connectors.

Something I didn't know.

There is also a 12V outlet down in there. So all Jeeps have two (or three with premium sound) 12V outlets I guess.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
Jasvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 101
Thanks all!
Great info
Jasvan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #36
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,645
Images: 13
Something else that is nice with upgrading from the 130 to the 430RBZ (if you have Connectivity already installed).

You don't have to reset you voice commands....they are stored in the UConnect module.

The dealer set up my voice dialing, and after I swapped radios, when hit the voice command button, it was still in my dealers voice.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #37
Jeeper
 
Lusus_Naturae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: OKC, missing WI
Posts: 2,068
The P0506... radios do not have SAT radio btw.
Lusus_Naturae is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #38
Jeeper
 
Deepjeep1371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusus_Naturae View Post
The P0506... radios do not have SAT radio btw.
Actually some do, however some rbz units do not (older ones) I believe. If you look on eBay you will see many rbz's with 506 part# with the two ports (lower right corner one white and one yellow) one of those I forget which is Satellite. So the two ports in the rear will tell you if it's satelight ready,. It should also be noted that if you get a unit that's over a year old chances are you will not have any Sirius free subscription left. And you will have to call and activate.
__________________
"There's more to me than you'll ever know"
Deepjeep1371 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #39
Jeeper
 
Binx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western mass
Posts: 400
If you have connectivity and blue tooth it's all plug and play. I put mine in yesterday, it took a whole whopping 10 minutes to remove dash change units and put it together. All inputs work, iPod USB in center etc. Phone is still connected, and programmed with the u connect. The sound quality is a lot better through this than the 130, especially through the infinity. Sound is cleaner and sharper. The best part is I can actually see the song and artist on satellite for the whole song instead of two seconds like the 130. I didn't do the lock pick because all I really want is the DVD function while moving and can't see spending more money then I paid for the 430 itself. Mine came out of a 2012 that was being swapped for the nav. Was definitely worth it.
Binx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #40
Jeeper
 
Jasvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binx
If you have connectivity and blue tooth it's all plug and play. I put mine in yesterday, it took a whole whopping 10 minutes to remove dash change units and put it together. All inputs work, iPod USB in center etc. Phone is still connected, and programmed with the u connect. The sound quality is a lot better through this than the 130, especially through the infinity. Sound is cleaner and sharper. The best part is I can actually see the song and artist on satellite for the whole song instead of two seconds like the 130. I didn't do the lock pick because all I really want is the DVD function while moving and can't see spending more money then I paid for the 430 itself. Mine came out of a 2012 that was being swapped for the nav. Was definitely worth it.
Does your have travel link? I've got it in my 730n in my GC but I heard that a software update put it on Rbz units. It shows nearby gas prices, movie times, weather Ect.
Jasvan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #41
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,645
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepjeep1371 View Post
Actually some do, however some rbz units do not (older ones) I believe. If you look on eBay you will see many rbz's with 506 part# with the two ports (lower right corner one white and one yellow) one of those I forget which is Satellite. So the two ports in the rear will tell you if it's satelight ready,. It should also be noted that if you get a unit that's over a year old chances are you will not have any Sirius free subscription left. And you will have to call and activate.
Correct, I have a 506 and it has both ports. I have sat radio.

There are (or were) some RBZ's that were built without Sat. I'm assuming that is because the buyer didn't order Sat radio when the Jeep was being built.

The old RBZ were called RES's and were pre 2010 (I think).
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #42
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,645
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binx View Post
If you have connectivity and blue tooth it's all plug and play. I put mine in yesterday, it took a whole whopping 10 minutes to remove dash change units and put it together. All inputs work, iPod USB in center etc. Phone is still connected, and programmed with the u connect. The sound quality is a lot better through this than the 130, especially through the infinity. Sound is cleaner and sharper. The best part is I can actually see the song and artist on satellite for the whole song instead of two seconds like the 130. I didn't do the lock pick because all I really want is the DVD function while moving and can't see spending more money then I paid for the 430 itself. Mine came out of a 2012 that was being swapped for the nav. Was definitely worth it.
Yeah, it is a really easy swap...especially if you already have Connectivity. 100% plug and play....15 minutes start to finish.

4 screws to remove the dash.
Pop out the window control.
4 screws to remove the radio
Swap plugs
Reverse the above.
Drink beer.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #43
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 399
Advice on how to find a good 430 unit?
watson is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #44
Jeeper
 
Binx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western mass
Posts: 400
I got mine as a brand new take out of a 2012 it came shipped in the actual 730n box that the seller switched for. I found mine on eBay at the cheapest price. I was looking for a while and just happened to see this one bid for a few days and won it. Just keep your eyes peeled.
Binx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #45
Jeeper
 
Jasvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 101
Look for high speed, and a build date as new as you can for easier issues with phone pairing.

I just got one for $300 off eBay. It had a build date of 5/2011. Came out of a dodge.
Does anyone have the Travel Link on there 430 rbz non Nav? Or favorite song and artist?
Jasvan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,750
The travel link is a Sirius add-on. If you have Satellite, you can check for it on the RBZ. Radio can be flashed, and subscription can be added.

Bob K.
nwbronco is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #47
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,645
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasvan View Post
Look for high speed, and a build date as new as you can for easier issues with phone pairing.

I just got one for $300 off eBay. It had a build date of 5/2011. Came out of a dodge.
Does anyone have the Travel Link on there 430 rbz non Nav? Or favorite song and artist?
I could not remember...are you the one that had the RBZ with green back-lighthing, but also the updated software/anti-theft/updating splash screen?
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
Jasvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark

I could not remember...are you the one that had the RBZ with green back-lighthing, but also the updated software/anti-theft/updating splash screen?
No
I just got one this week off eBay. I've read so much stuff deciding what to get my head is spinning. Know that I've settled on Rbz I'm trying to figure out what to expect since I have a 730n in my Grand Cherokee.
I really like travel link and fav artist and song on Sirius that's on newer Mygigs
I've read where people did updates, and there Rbz started having those changes.
Jasvan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #49
Jag
Jeeper
 
Jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 319
I've been looking in to doing this but the amount of part numbers seems to be huge.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of RBZ radios that will work? I found one list but it only included non-sirius radios unfortunately.
Jag is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #50
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,645
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
I've been looking in to doing this but the amount of part numbers seems to be huge.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of RBZ radios that will work? I found one list but it only included non-sirius radios unfortunately.
It only goes through 2010...
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System - parts

I have this one:
5064678AH RBZ (+RSC)
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
Deepjeep1371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 593
If you can get a 509 part number they are a little harder to find. They have the latest features /software and most if not all of the 509's are anti theft models. Just be sure to get 4 digit code from seller.
__________________
"There's more to me than you'll ever know"
Deepjeep1371 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #52
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,645
Images: 13
Yeah, I believe all of the newer ones are 509's, and they all have anti-theft. Most (if not all) also have blue LED back-lighting behind the buttons instead of green...but it isn't that big of an issue (because the screen is blue), especially during the day when the lights are off anyway.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #53
Jag
Jeeper
 
Jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 319
Thanks guys. Is there a reliable way to determine if they have the blue/green backlight?

I'm looking at a 5064879AG.
Jag is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #54
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,645
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
Thanks guys. Is there a reliable way to determine if they have the blue/green backlight?
No...
Well...as far as I know, all of the 506's are green, and most (if not all) of the 509's are blue.

Most (if not all) 509's will say anti-theft on the front.

One thing I did notice is that some (not all) of the RBZ's will have a blue or green 2nd marker dot on the rear or top which will determine the LED color. But, many of them will have random marker dots or markings on the rear because they are refurbished or repaired, or marked for inventory...so it can be hard to tell. I have not looked in awhile.

The problem is that a change was made around 2011, and that is when all of the data stops. So it is hard to be 100% positive.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
Deepjeep1371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 593
Has anybody with 430 or 730 with or without navigation (I think the hard drives work the same) figured out the best way to save music on the hard drive. I know via usb, or directly off of the disc. But it saves in alphabetical order. That makes most albums un/listenable. I'm an album guy, not a track by track guy.
__________________
"There's more to me than you'll ever know"
Deepjeep1371 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #56
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
would love a touchscreen in my 2010 sport no connectivity no steering wheel controls no blue tooth. radio has sirrius but thats all. what is the latest version of this radio that will work in jeep with room for expansion.
djoe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #57
Jeeper
 
chisox711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 106
Anyway to tell if this one has satellite connection. New Jeep on order with Sirius. I would like to upgrade radio, but don't want to lose the free (not really) year of Sirius.

It says it came from a 2010 Jeep Liberty. No Sirius markings on it.

Factory Mygig 430 Media Center RBZ Radio New Hi High Speed | eBay
chisox711 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
Deepjeep1371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisox711 View Post
Anyway to tell if this one has satellite connection. New Jeep on order with Sirius. I would like to upgrade radio, but don't want to lose the free (not really) year of Sirius.

It says it came from a 2010 Jeep Liberty. No Sirius markings on it.

Factory Mygig 430 Media Center RBZ Radio New Hi High Speed | eBay
That is a non Sirius unit. The Sirius units will have a white and yellow port side by side. (I believe)
__________________
"There's more to me than you'll ever know"
Deepjeep1371 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
Deepjeep1371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepjeep1371 View Post

That is a non Sirius unit. The Sirius units will have a white and yellow port side by side. (I believe)
Also the subscription is well beyond the year. The subscription follows the head unit. Not the vehicle.
__________________
"There's more to me than you'll ever know"
Deepjeep1371 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
Jasvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepjeep1371
Has anybody with 430 or 730 with or without navigation (I think the hard drives work the same) figured out the best way to save music on the hard drive. I know via usb, or directly off of the disc. But it saves in alphabetical order. That makes most albums un/listenable. I'm an album guy, not a track by track guy.
It gives you a option to listen by artist, album, or song.
If it doesn't recognize the cd and you have to edit it it shows up called "playlists" and then you can edit names of playlist or go in and name songs.
It also displays artwork.
I've got 730 and 430 Rbz in my two jeeps. They are almost the same.

Jasvan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC