Congrats! You'll love it.
My two cents? Warranties are good and bad... Some items may need them, some don't. Think type of car and how you plan to use/drive it/what could go wrong and consider costs, type of electronic product/item, etc...
Weigh the pros and cons and only you will know how you plan to use the item whether warranties are worth it. If you know yourself, then you know your answer.
This is what I've done during the past six months:
1. Purchased new home and took out the extended warranty for new Fridge, & Washer & Dryer because the ones I purchased were very expensive w/lots of special electronic gizmos. Fridges run all day long...
2. Bought new M/C and did not get the extended warranty. Just a toy.
3. Bought new sports car and did not get the extended warranty. Ditto.
4. Bought new DD sedan and did not get extended warranty. Car will be traded for a new one b/4 four year warranty runs out.
5. Bought new JEEP and did not get extended warranty b/c I know I'll want a new one in four years...
6. I will buy two new Sony LCD TVs w/my income tax refund, and will
purchase extended warranty b/c our TVs are always running/on whether we are watching TV or not.
Just my two cents.