Taking the console apart and getting the plug ins done was all pretty easy....(there is a video on YouTube that is helpful but be careful plugging in the harness plugs!! more on that in a sec). Re-seating the radio can be a pretty big PITA. I finally figured that dropping the Lockpick and other harness down into the space to the left of the radio that everything will finally fit. I cursed the re-seating of the radio till I turned pretty red.
Anyway....it is in and works like a charm.
After plugging everything in and testing the system, I found that my left speakers did not work. I read that you need to check your connections...so I did. I found that one of the very fragile harness pins had bent over. I got a small spatula type tool, covered it with electrical tape and reset the pin to its proper position. After many tries I was finally able to get the pins to meet and was so happy when I heard a click when the two harnesses coupled. Checked the radio and all speakers were working as well as the rearview camera.
I mounted the rearview cam on top of the brake light that sits above the spare tire and the view is outstanding.
I still need to tuck the wires in and route them to the back....but...the tough work is done!