Originally Posted by Hansen
I'm planning on installing the Teraflex Leveling Kit (1155200) myself on my '13 Sahara and have a few general questions.
1. When placing the jack stands under the frame, what is the best spot(s) to place them? (Diagram or pics showing location would be awesome).
2. What height jack stands will I need? My sense is that higher the easier it will be drop the axle low enough to pull the springs.
3. What are the torque values for the shock bolts and for the control arms?
4. Since this kit only adds spacers, is an alignment needed once done?
1. Don't have any pics, but I placed my Jack stands on the frame ( one on each side ) in front of the rear wheels, when doing the rear, and then behind the front wheels when doing the front. I used two hydrolic jacks to control the axel ( one on each side).
2. Standard Jack stands will work. Be careful when lowering the axel not to put too much stress on any brake lines.
3. Not sure of the torq values. I did it all with hand tools and snugged everything up.
4. Depends... I did not need an alignment but others have.
Get a buddy to help, it's not necessary but it helps
There is a write up out there that is very helpful. Search google.
Before starting, spray some PB blaster on the bolts, it helps when removing them.