iPhone 5 and 2013 UConnect Configuration - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Texas
Posts: 24
Question iPhone 5 and 2013 UConnect Configuration

I have a 2013 JKU with the 130 RES and an iPhone 5. Does anyone have SMS or Siri working via BT/UConnect???

I have seen posts in different places with varying instructions and answers saying it does but I can't seem to get it done.

If anyone has either the SMS feature working OR Siri working to read/send SMS can you please give some detailed instructions on what settings to use on both the iPhone and the 130?

My major issue is that if I get a SMS while it is paired there is NO notification at all. Neither the phone nor the radio makes any kind of alert so unless I check my screen, I don't know I've missed a message. I had an old Android that SMS was not supported for but UC alerted there was a message and the phone still played the text tone so I knew to check when I got to a safe spot. My son has a Galaxy 3 where all the features work flawlessly and it is awesome. I just wish my iP5 worked half as well.

Many thanks in advance to whomever can finally get the Apple to play nice with the Jeep and explain how to configure it!

__________________________________________________
Monique
2013 GECKO JKUS ~ Under Construction

Lenczy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
jwilson2598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,128
I don't know about the 130, but my 730 won't do this. I got a text last night, but didn't know until I got home. This is with an iPhone 5 as well.

__________________
Jeff

2013 JKU Sahara, Gecko Green, loaded up
10A Springs, Teraflex levling kit, 315/70/17 Duratracs, AEV Pintler wheels, front/rear bumpers and hood
jwilson2598 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,754
SIRI, visual voice mail, voice memo and any other SIRI related features are currently not supported with the 2012 & 2013 Uconnect systems (with radios REQ, RES, RHB, RBZ). The reason why is due to the way that APPLE handles an incoming call while you are in one of these features which is simulating a call to your voicemail. Uconnect lets you know that there is an incoming call but the phone needs to send and answer signal to the phone (and a few other profile steps). There isn't an Answer signal, so if you try to answer the call using the Uconnect button, Apple drops the SIRI or other features mentioned above and then also tells Uconnect to transfer the call to the handset. However the call is actually then sent to your voice mail.
You are now pushing buttons saying hello, hello while also getting PO'd.
Apple has been asked several times to show the profile strategy that they are using for these features. I it doesn't work correctly then Chrysler won't support it until Apple works with them on the issue. Apple has been sent traces and they are aware of the issue.
There are some people with a 2011 vehicle that SIRI does somewhat work, But if they tested using her or any of the other features listed above, they'd see that there is a problem.
Now for SMS texting, as you see, it does work with some phones but not with others. The reason why is because the BT specs are not tightly regulated which lets some of these companies try to do things in their own way. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Currently "it doesn't" with the iPhone5.
Now here's the kicker. Even though the Galaxy works, some of the other Samsung phones that support MAP will receive messages but won't send them.

**** also on the iPhone5, they support MAP for incoming messages only and not for sending of messages. They are counting on you using SIRI to create a text message to send.****



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenczy View Post
I have a 2013 JKU with the 130 RES and an iPhone 5. Does anyone have SMS or Siri working via BT/UConnect???

I have seen posts in different places with varying instructions and answers saying it does but I can't seem to get it done.

If anyone has either the SMS feature working OR Siri working to read/send SMS can you please give some detailed instructions on what settings to use on both the iPhone and the 130?

My major issue is that if I get a SMS while it is paired there is NO notification at all. Neither the phone nor the radio makes any kind of alert so unless I check my screen, I don't know I've missed a message. I had an old Android that SMS was not supported for but UC alerted there was a message and the phone still played the text tone so I knew to check when I got to a safe spot. My son has a Galaxy 3 where all the features work flawlessly and it is awesome. I just wish my iP5 worked half as well.

Many thanks in advance to whomever can finally get the Apple to play nice with the Jeep and explain how to configure it!

__________________________________________________
Monique
2013 GECKO JKUS ~ Under Construction
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,754
The 730 & 730N won't do this eitheruntil the SW update comes out from Harman Becker fo those radios. It wasrumored to come out either this or next month.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson2598 View Post
I don't know about the 130, but my 730 won't do this. I got a text last night, but didn't know until I got home. This is with an iPhone 5 as well.
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York Metro
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenczy

My major issue is that if I get a SMS while it is paired there is NO notification at all.
There is a notification. The problem is that Bluetooth hijacks the audio, so you don't hear it. As a test, set the radio to BT and have someone send you a text. You should hear the sound.
__________________
Michael

2012 Wrangler JK
michaeltoc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
emck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 15
also you can try to go into the Bluetooth setting and look for Uconnect > under their click on the blue arrow to the right and you will see some setting i turned on show notification did not change anithing but you could try it and see if it does for you.

I really want SIRI to interface with my car and to have my sms notification work... no luck so far.
emck is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manassas, Va
Posts: 98
I would imagine it would make the sound. I have the 430 and I was listening to my itunes via BT and it alerted me when I got an email. Is your phone on silent? Just curious, I have yet to get a call or text while synced up.
Master Pain 80 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Texas
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Now for SMS texting ..... Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Currently "it doesn't" with the iPhone5.

**** also on the iPhone5, they support MAP for incoming messages only and not for sending of messages. They are counting on you using SIRI to create a text message to send.****
Thanks for the explanation XSDBS
So is there a plan in progress to get the iOS6 devices to work with SMS or at least the receiving part via the MAP protocol? I'd be happy to use SIRI to send if they'd let me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pain 80 View Post
Is your phone on silent? Just curious, I have yet to get a call or text while synced up.
Its on regular volume - silent would have been an easy fix. Incoming/outgoing calls work great, its just the messaging piece that doesn't work. Also today I found out SIRI does NOT work via the handset when it's paired either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emck View Post
also you can try to go into the Bluetooth setting and look for Uconnect > under their click on the blue arrow to the right and you will see some setting i turned on show notification did not change anithing but you could try it and see if it does for you.
I tried this too and it didn't work for me either
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltoc View Post
As a test, set the radio to BT and have someone send you a text. You should hear the sound.
Haven't tried this yet and I will but that would pretty much make Siruis, AM/FM, and even radio off useless. Grrrr........
__________________
Monique
2013 GECKO JKU Sport ~ Under Construction
Lenczy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,754
Thanks for the explanation XSDBS
you're welcome

So is there a plan in progress to get the iOS6 devices to work with SMS or at least the receiving part via the MAP protocol? I'd be happy to use SIRI to send if they'd let me!

At this time, there are no plans on supporting SIRI. I do know that Apple & Chrysler are looking into the issue. Chrysler isn't the only company where SIRI doesn't work well with a hands free kit. As for the incoming SMS notifications and being able to read the message, I have sent an email to Apple about it. I just saw today that some people are having the same issue with other brands of vehicles also.


Its on regular volume - silent would have been an easy fix. Incoming/outgoing calls work great, its just the messaging piece that doesn't work. Also today I found out SIRI does NOT work via the handset when it's paired either.

Correct, this is because SIRI is not supported while in BT mode. As I mentioned above, this is because anytime that you use SIRI, VVM or VM- Apple simulates a call to your phones voice mail when you are in BT mode and paired to the system. If you need to use SIRI to find a location or any other information, simply go into your settings menu and turn BT off while you're using SIRI, then turn it back on when you're done with SIRI. Yes it's a few steps but that's how to do it.

....[/QUOTE]
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,754
This is the problem, it doesn't work correctly in other modes. The phone has to send a BT message to the Uconnect system in order to give the notification. What you're seeing is how the phone itself works. If you had a set of headphones on listening to the iPod and a message came thru, you'd hear the notification in the headphones. So in this case instead you're hearing the music slightly muted and the notification then the music goes unmuted.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pain 80 View Post
I would imagine it would make the sound. I have the 430 and I was listening to my itunes via BT and it alerted me when I got an email. Is your phone on silent? Just curious, I have yet to get a call or text while synced up.
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
emck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenczy View Post

Its on regular volume - silent would have been an easy fix. Incoming/outgoing calls work great, its just the messaging piece that doesn't work. Also today I found out SIRI does NOT work via the handset when it's paired either.

I use it with my headset, jawbone, and it work very well. what headset do you use it with?
emck is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,754
I need to make a correction to one of my above replies:

Its on regular volume - silent would have been an easy fix. Incoming/outgoing calls work great, its just the messaging piece that doesn't work. Also today I found out SIRI does NOT work via the handset when it's paired either.

Correct, this is because SIRI is not supported while in BT mode. As I mentioned above, this is because anytime that you use SIRI, VVM or VM- Apple simulates a call to your phones voice mail when you are in BT mode and paired to the system. If you need to use SIRI to find a location or any other information, simply go into your settings menu and turn BT off while you're using SIRI, then turn it back on when you're done with SIRI. Yes it's a few steps but that's how to do it.

Actually after messing with the phone a little and of course moving my big paws a little, I noticed that when you're trying to use SIRI and are connected to BT, look too the right of the SIRI mic, you'll see the Airplay icon, tap it to open the menu, then select "phone". You can use SIRI without turning off the BT.This will allow you to still rec an incoming call while using SIRI. SIRI, VVM & VM will be ended and the call will come thru.
See pictures below:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Iph5-3.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	164460   Click image for larger version

Name:	Iphone -2.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	164461  

xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Vroooom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sin-Tex
Posts: 1,673
Alrighty....Its been a month which is darn near a full generation under Moores Law
( LOL )
iPhone 5 iOS6
2012 JKU 12/11 build
430n RHB entertainment/Nav system
(Head unit and BT handsfree module replaced in June under warranty)
System Information menu says:
Software Application 33.00.41
Hardware System 0207

The question is....Has Jeep caught up with Apple yet? Is there a software update for our units in the past 1 or 2 months? If so...where?

Thanks all.
__________________
Threads wander aimlessly....always refer back to post #1
2012 Black Unlimited Sahara (mine)
2011 Black Corvette 3LT (wife's)
2005 Black Suzuki C50T (ours)
"Hope" is NOT a strategy
Vroooom is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
stroked250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 274
When the iPhone 5 is paired with my 2012 JKUs 430n, I cannot listen to voicemail on the phone or the radio. It's playing but there is no sound.
stroked250 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Vroooom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sin-Tex
Posts: 1,673
Thats cuz of a software disagreement between the radio and the phone.

Jeeps needs an update to catch up.

I was asking if there is such an update or if we are still waiting.

iOS 6 has only been available for developers to work out compatibility for about 6-months.

Interestingly...the compatibility seems to have existed back to iOS 3 variants.

Seems like Jeep is saying that they arent gonna ask Apple for cooperation...they are waiting for Apple to come to them. I hope that have a comfy chair to wait in cuz it might take a while before Apple gives a (darn) about Jeep (et al)

Kinda seems like its gonna be one of those "End User" problems left to us to fix.
__________________
Threads wander aimlessly....always refer back to post #1
2012 Black Unlimited Sahara (mine)
2011 Black Corvette 3LT (wife's)
2005 Black Suzuki C50T (ours)
"Hope" is NOT a strategy
Vroooom is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #16
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boston area
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroooom
Alrighty....Its been a month which is darn near a full generation under Moores Law
( LOL )
iPhone 5 iOS6
2012 JKU 12/11 build
430n RHB entertainment/Nav system
(Head unit and BT handsfree module replaced in June under warranty)
System Information menu says:
Software Application 33.00.41
Hardware System 0207

The question is....Has Jeep caught up with Apple yet? Is there a software update for our units in the past 1 or 2 months? If so...where?

Thanks all.
I just took delivery of my JKUS 2013 with 430 HU. Nothing works with my iPhone 5/iOS6. Jeep has definitely NOT caught up with Apple. (and, btw, Garmin hasn't caught up with the rest of OEM GPS suppliers... - pretty crappy interface.)
mjvzang is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 28
My 2013Jk won't pair to 430n. My I phone 5 iOs 6.0.0 would do nothing;nor the 430n with the phone. I down loaded iOS 6.0.1 now the phone show u-connect "Not Paired".
Has anyone had any luck pairing the I phone5 with 430N? Please can anyone help.
Had no luck with 3 Jeep dealers,Jeep Cust. Service;U-connect help line;Apple Cust
Service & The Apple Store & At&T store.
fbijeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #18
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boston area
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbijeep
My 2013Jk won't pair to 430n. My I phone 5 iOs 6.0.0 would do nothing;nor the 430n with the phone. I down loaded iOS 6.0.1 now the phone show u-connect "Not Paired".
Has anyone had any luck pairing the I phone5 with 430N? Please can anyone help.
Had no luck with 3 Jeep dealers,Jeep Cust. Service;U-connect help line;Apple Cust
Service & The Apple Store & At&T store.

My new 2013 with Uconnect paired up quickly and easily with my iPhone 5. Went just like the manual said it would. Sorry ....
mjvzang is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 20
Maybe Im missing something but I was delighted to see that when I pushed my SIRI button for the first time I got a ding on my Jeep speakers and I was able to talk to the Jeep and Siri converted it to text. Perhaps this is referred to as dictation? Nonetheless i was so excited when I stumbled on this feature a few weeks ago that I decided to blow up my wife with text messages. Im not normally a big texter but Siri with the 730N is a game changer. Not sure of the software version on the 730N but it in a 2012JK
batster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,754
You must be missing a step because there isn't any issue with the iPhone5 pairing up. Would it be possible to make a short video of you trying to pair the phone? I may be able to see the issue during the video. Thanks




Quote:
Originally Posted by fbijeep View Post
My 2013Jk won't pair to 430n. My I phone 5 iOs 6.0.0 would do nothing;nor the 430n with the phone. I down loaded iOS 6.0.1 now the phone show u-connect "Not Paired".
Has anyone had any luck pairing the I phone5 with 430N? Please can anyone help.
Had no luck with 3 Jeep dealers,Jeep Cust. Service;U-connect help line;Apple Cust
Service & The Apple Store & At&T store.
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,754
What are they supposed to "catch up to"? There's not really an issue with the iPhone5 & the 430N.




Quote:
Originally Posted by mjvzang View Post
I just took delivery of my JKUS 2013 with 430 HU. Nothing works with my iPhone 5/iOS6. Jeep has definitely NOT caught up with Apple. (and, btw, Garmin hasn't caught up with the rest of OEM GPS suppliers... - pretty crappy interface.)
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,754
You are correct about this. These features (Visual Voice mail, voice memos & SIRI supported features) are not supported by Chrysler due to the way an incoming call is handled by Apple while in one of these features. If you are in one of these features (when they were supported)and have an incoming call, Apple dropped the feature that you were in and sent the incoming call to your voicemail. This left you trying to answer a call that you were notified of but you couldn't answer it.
This has been an ongoing issue that was reported to Apple in October 2011 when the iOS5 came out. After several attempts to get Apple to work with Chrysler on the issue with no input from Apple, Chrysler decided that the incoming call was important and it was best not to support those features till it got straightened out.




Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked250 View Post
When the iPhone 5 is paired with my 2012 JKUs 430n, I cannot listen to voicemail on the phone or the radio. It's playing but there is no sound.
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,754
You are correct about the iOS6 being available for developers for several months. However there seems to be a problem with what issues that are reported to APPLE and what they deem as ones they want to work on. There have been issues with SIRI, visual voice Mail, voice memos since before iOS5 even came out. There have been a lot of request for Apple to look at the issues with no response from them. If it is strictly a Chrysler problem then Apple should be able to look at traces and say "you need to do ...... in your SW because we are looking for a picular BT message that you're not sending".
As for any other issues it seems that the iPhone5 & iOS6 is working pretty well.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroooom View Post
Thats cuz of a software disagreement between the radio and the phone.

Jeeps needs an update to catch up.

I was asking if there is such an update or if we are still waiting.

iOS 6 has only been available for developers to work out compatibility for about 6-months.

Interestingly...the compatibility seems to have existed back to iOS 3 variants.

Seems like Jeep is saying that they arent gonna ask Apple for cooperation...they are waiting for Apple to come to them. I hope that have a comfy chair to wait in cuz it might take a while before Apple gives a (darn) about Jeep (et al)

Kinda seems like its gonna be one of those "End User" problems left to us to fix.
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
SouthTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Memphis
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by batster View Post
Maybe Im missing something but I was delighted to see that when I pushed my SIRI button for the first time I got a ding on my Jeep speakers and I was able to talk to the Jeep and Siri converted it to text. Perhaps this is referred to as dictation? Nonetheless i was so excited when I stumbled on this feature a few weeks ago that I decided to blow up my wife with text messages. Im not normally a big texter but Siri with the 730N is a game changer. Not sure of the software version on the 730N but it in a 2012JK
How are you using Siri over BT and no one else is able to?
__________________
13 JK Rubicon
SouthTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 106
Images: 24
I can have BT connected to stereo and get Siri…but Siri will only go through a BT earpiece and not the stereo (she does talk through the Jeep speakers on occasion-can't figure that one). Works for me at the time. Easier to push and hold the earpiece BT button for Siri, too. Music stops on BT when Siri comes on, but not when on any other setting.
I'm finding that VR and UConnect is more frustrating to deal with , so just rarely use it at all.
__________________
Tracy E WTFEver
“When you do things RIGHT, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.” God in Godfellas-Futurama
DaCrazyRN is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Stuck in CT, left heart in CO
Posts: 225
After reading this, I tried all the siri madness on my 2012 with 740 radio /Uconnect. if I activate Siri on the phone, I can dictate all I desire. MAp, text the whole 9 yards. The challenge, as stated above, is getting the notification when the txt comes in. if, and only if, I am in Siri mode when the text comes in - the nice young lady tells me I have a text, and asks if she wants me to have her read it. Or - if I c a text has come in, I can tell my little buddy to go read it.

All fine and dandy -- but who wants to ride around waiting for the text notification. And, when driving at any speed (with hard top) she is not hearing so well these days.

Nice thought - but having to repeat each command several times is just not worth it to me. Will wait for the update to have the notification come through so I don't have to look at the phone to know when to wake my little darling up.
3TimeOwner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltoc View Post
There is a notification. The problem is that Bluetooth hijacks the audio, so you don't hear it. As a test, set the radio to BT and have someone send you a text. You should hear the sound.
The bluetooth doesn't hijack the audio. It depends on the phone's implementation, the engineer, or the guy who designed how the phone should work, decided it should send the BT signal only or both BT signal and give a notificiaton from the phone.

I used to have a Nokia phone that would not ring if bluetooth headset is connected so you could only hear ringing from the headset. That was fixed later with phone firmware update.

The SMS issue sounds more like iPhone issue than Jeep. iPhone is known to have very limited bluetooth profile support and I wouldn't be surprised they didn't implement it right as they defiitely paid very little attention to getting the bluetooh right. A2DP was added only years after when every other dumb phones have that. There is still no official bluetooh file transfer suported, let alone bluetooth dial-up, bluetooth personal network and etc.

My current Nokia is working great with UConnect with bluetooth paired, voice notification when there is a text message, voice command to read message, make calls and etc. So, I don't think it's the Jeep's problem.
mcdull is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-21-2012, 12:41 AM   #28
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
I got a text last night, but didn't know until I got home. This is with an iPhone 5 as well.
woodsmary is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
FTNuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Posts: 112
I don't know why you guys say Siri won't work with the 430n. I agree that I don't get any audio indication of a text message when my phone is connected. I also agree that if you press the "phone" button on the steering wheel and try to send a text that way then you will be informed that your phone doesn't support that feature. However, if I press and hold the "home" button on my iphone 5 then I hear the "ding" for Siri and I am able to talk to her normally through my Jeep's speaker system and send text messages without a problem (well, without any more of a problem then Siri usually has). I realize that some of you probably use Siri for more complex tasks than that, but as far as texting goes I am not having a problem. I have noticed that other apps (such as Waze) that have voice prompts do not play through the speakers when the phone is connected unless I am also streaming music via bluetooth as well. My jeep was built in October 2011 and hasn't had any software updates that I am aware of since then, so I don't know why mine would be any different.
__________________
"Corn chips are no place for a mighty warrior!"
FTNuke is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,754
SIRI will work on 2011 vehicles built prior to 6-1-2011. It won't after that date or in a 2011 that has had the Uconnect SW update performed. That is why it works on your vehicle. However, if you'd like to try something to see why Chrysler decided not to support it, while you're in a SIRI supported feature (have her look something up on the web), while shes looking it up, use another phone and have an incoming call when SIRI is working for you.
What happened?




Quote:
Originally Posted by FTNuke View Post
I don't know why you guys say Siri won't work with the 430n. I agree that I don't get any audio indication of a text message when my phone is connected. I also agree that if you press the "phone" button on the steering wheel and try to send a text that way then you will be informed that your phone doesn't support that feature. However, if I press and hold the "home" button on my iphone 5 then I hear the "ding" for Siri and I am able to talk to her normally through my Jeep's speaker system and send text messages without a problem (well, without any more of a problem then Siri usually has). I realize that some of you probably use Siri for more complex tasks than that, but as far as texting goes I am not having a problem. I have noticed that other apps (such as Waze) that have voice prompts do not play through the speakers when the phone is connected unless I am also streaming music via bluetooth as well. My jeep was built in October 2011 and hasn't had any software updates that I am aware of since then, so I don't know why mine would be any different.

xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
iphone , siri , sms , uconnect

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC