JK pet peeves - had to vent - Page 5 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #121
Jeeper
 
slicketts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 34
Bacon makes everything better.

slicketts is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #122
Jeeper
 
socal-jk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LA/OC
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicketts View Post
Bacon makes everything better.
This. Lots of people in this thread need bacon. My pet peeve is soggy bacon.

__________________
2012 JK, Rock Krawler 2.5, Bilstien 5100's, Teraflex lower arms/track bars, Currie anti-rock, VDP stubby caps, Black Rock 909D's 285/70/17 Duratracss, Magnaflow ypipe and competition exhaust, 10a.e. Rubicon rear bumper, SRC sliders, G2 diff armor, H4 headlights and some other stuff....
2014 VW Jetta/1989 325i sleeper project/1968 house
socal-jk is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #123
Jeeper
 
slicketts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal-jk View Post

This. Lots of people in this thread need bacon. My pet peeve is soggy bacon.
Crisp bacon is best. The best bacon I ever had was during an excursion south of the border. The all inclusive hotel we stayed in served bacon and guacamole.

The perfect hangover cure.
slicketts is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #124
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoe1 View Post
I hate painted tops and fenders, it makes them look like a Mercedes G class. ; )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigger007 View Post
Those things can be serious expo rigs, maybe not everyones cup o tea, but that is a very capable vehicle.
Kinda gets tiring reminding these young whipper-snappers that Jeeps have been around 70 years and only in the last ± 20 years have they not had matching, painted fenders. Hard top options from WWII forward were matching paint.

If you'll buy a Jeep for me, I'll take whatever you like, otherwise......





Look at my avatar. Was that not a real Jeep?
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is online now   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #125
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,743
Its starting to get ridiculous now with certain members whom own a "special" edition rubicon attacking other members.... then one says something too harsh the other party of this thread bashing cries to a mod. what kind of forum is this ???

I would expect this type of behavior on hondatech, but a jeep forum ???

everyone here is a jeep enthusiast. we all enjoy the vehicle, the fun is brings us, and beauty of its creation and styling. why is there so much animosity with " special" edition owners and others ????
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. It’s a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #126
Jeeper
 
HillbillyJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nun yo gyatdamn biniz!
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
Its starting to get ridiculous now with certain members whom own a "special" edition rubicon attacking other members.... then one says something too harsh the other party of this thread bashing cries to a mod. what kind of forum is this ???

I would expect this type of behavior on hondatech, but a jeep forum ???

everyone here is a jeep enthusiast. we all enjoy the vehicle, the fun is brings us, and beauty of its creation and styling. why is there so much animosity with " special" edition owners and others ????
Agreed! Not everyone can run out and drop huge coin on a special edition. Others actually enjoy taking a sport and makingit more capable thanan abrams tank. Since I was a kid, maaaany years ago when my dad had his old cj everytime a new model comes out those who don't have one bash the new model.... Until they go buy one. Think about it... How many on here are driving a willys because its the only real jeep? OK there is a couple. Whn the new model comes out the JK will get a break and the YJ will be the new willys. Well maybe the CJ will.
Bottom line, buy what you want drive it how you want and if anyone hass feedback tell them to go to hell.
__________________
OUTHOUSE OFFROAD CLUB!!! We Do Shit!!


That was Purdy as hell right there!!!!

Uh.... dad... Uncle Jessie is crazy! Sooo cool though!
HillbillyJeeper is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #127
Jeeper
 
socal-jk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LA/OC
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicketts View Post

Crisp bacon is best. The best bacon I ever had was during an excursion south of the border. The all inclusive hotel we stayed in served bacon and guacamole.

The perfect hangover cure.
That sounds awesome. Bacon guac. The new thing around here is a piece of crispy bacon in your bloody mary.

I think I'm going to make this today or tomorrow
Hollowed out jalapenos stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon and seasoned. I will pop them on the grill should be delicious. I also wrap filet mignon with a nice thick cut slice when I make them seasoned with salt and pepper served with melted butter with garlic oil.......
__________________
2012 JK, Rock Krawler 2.5, Bilstien 5100's, Teraflex lower arms/track bars, Currie anti-rock, VDP stubby caps, Black Rock 909D's 285/70/17 Duratracss, Magnaflow ypipe and competition exhaust, 10a.e. Rubicon rear bumper, SRC sliders, G2 diff armor, H4 headlights and some other stuff....
2014 VW Jetta/1989 325i sleeper project/1968 house
socal-jk is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #128
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Mcrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicketts View Post

Crisp bacon is best. The best bacon I ever had was during an excursion south of the border. The all inclusive hotel we stayed in served bacon and guacamole.

The perfect hangover cure.
Keeping in tune with this thread, am I bashing you if I respectfully disagree with your opinion here?
I'm a soggy bacon kind of guy. I hate crispy. Just my humble opinion though, don't want to offend the CBLs here (crispy bacon lovers).
__________________
'85CJ, '92YJ, '00 TJ, '08 JK, '13 JK, '17 ??
Mcrock is online now   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #129
Jeeper
 
slicketts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal-jk View Post

That sounds awesome. Bacon guac. The new thing around here is a piece of crispy bacon in your bloody mary.

I think I'm going to make this today or tomorrow
Hollowed out jalapenos stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon and seasoned. I will pop them on the grill should be delicious. I also wrap filet mignon with a nice thick cut slice when I make them seasoned with salt and pepper served with melted butter with garlic oil.......
Sounds delicious
slicketts is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #130
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrock View Post

Keeping in tune with this thread, am I bashing you if I respectfully disagree with your opinion here?
I'm a soggy bacon kind of guy. I hate crispy. Just my humble opinion though, don't want to offend the CBLs here (crispy bacon lovers).
You are not a real bacon lover unless you like crispy bacon double smoked thick slices. Everything else is for posers. If it will not cause you to have a heart attack after eating one slice, its not bacon.

Sarcasm off. :-)
KC_Hawker is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #131
Jeeper
 
slicketts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrock View Post

Keeping in tune with this thread, am I bashing you if I respectfully disagree with your opinion here?
I'm a soggy bacon kind of guy. I hate crispy. Just my humble opinion though, don't want to offend the CBLs here (crispy bacon lovers).
I can't speak for all CBLs but I am not offend. My opinion would be that all opinions, other than my wife's, (she might be reading this) are like boobs on a boar hog (mmmm bacon) useless.
slicketts is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #132
Jeeper
 
Shadow's_Jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Keizer, Oregon
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by woansleftpeg View Post

if you go through life and stuff that other people do that doesn't affect you pisses you off, you're paying too much.
x3.
__________________
09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Flame Red
2.5" Rough Country Coil Lift.
Shadow's_Jeep is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #133
Jeeper
 
socal-jk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LA/OC
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrock View Post

Keeping in tune with this thread, am I bashing you if I respectfully disagree with your opinion here?
I'm a soggy bacon kind of guy. I hate crispy. Just my humble opinion though, don't want to offend the CBLs here (crispy bacon lovers).
While in do not agree with you, I respect your opinion and will note soggy bacon is still better than no bacon at all. Crispy bacon has spawned and brought down civilizations and empires since the dawn of history. One day man will learn how to harness its full potential and use it for more then deliciousness. Possibly to cure cancer or long distance space travel. True bacon fact #37, bacon does not give off grease, just excess flavor.
__________________
2012 JK, Rock Krawler 2.5, Bilstien 5100's, Teraflex lower arms/track bars, Currie anti-rock, VDP stubby caps, Black Rock 909D's 285/70/17 Duratracss, Magnaflow ypipe and competition exhaust, 10a.e. Rubicon rear bumper, SRC sliders, G2 diff armor, H4 headlights and some other stuff....
2014 VW Jetta/1989 325i sleeper project/1968 house
socal-jk is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #134
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Mcrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal-jk View Post

While in do not agree with you, I respect your opinion and will note soggy bacon is still better than no bacon at all. Crispy bacon has spawned and brought down civilizations and empires since the dawn of history. One day man will learn how to harness its full potential and use it for more then deliciousness. Possibly to cure cancer or long distance space travel. True bacon fact #37, bacon does not give off grease, just excess flavor.
Well said
Perhaps our exchange will set an example for previous posters to this thread:
That meaningful and rewarding discussion can be achieved through mutual respect of opinions.
With bacon (and boobies) we can make the world a better place for sure.
Now, I have heard that ice cream, chocolate sauce, and bacon make an excellent desert trio. Are there any opinions on this out there?
__________________
'85CJ, '92YJ, '00 TJ, '08 JK, '13 JK, '17 ??
Mcrock is online now   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #135
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
michiganadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunut View Post
I have a peeve about guys that buy fooour dooooor mall crawlers....get a hummer..

also guys that drive around with mud all over their jeep like its some badge of honor...wash the damn thing....and get mud splatter decals put on, they last longer and dont wash off when it rains..

I really don't care about any of this crap but thought Id stir the pot...
my jeep stays clean for like 20 minutes when i wash it...heheh.... i end up driving on "roads" after washing it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
expecting it to leak is stupid. neither my hard top nor my soft top leak. flame away
The design of the soft top header seal and latch mechanism is likely to make the seals not last as long as they ought to.
michiganadam is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #136
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Its actually amazing...
All Forums seem to be very similar..
Members constantly attacking one another ..
Its kinda hard to not join in ..
max12.75 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #137
Jeeper
 
socal-jk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LA/OC
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrock View Post

Well said
Perhaps our exchange will set an example for previous posters to this thread:
That meaningful and rewarding discussion can be achieved through mutual respect of opinions.
With bacon (and boobies) we can make the world a better place for sure.
Now, I have heard that ice cream, chocolate sauce, and bacon make an excellent desert trio. Are there any opinions on this out there?
Peace achieved through bacon...... no wonder we can't make headway in the middle east..........

I've heard that too but havent tried it yet, or try the chocolate covered bacon. Howver a doughnut shop here has a maple glazed doughnut with bacon, that sounds pretty good.
__________________
2012 JK, Rock Krawler 2.5, Bilstien 5100's, Teraflex lower arms/track bars, Currie anti-rock, VDP stubby caps, Black Rock 909D's 285/70/17 Duratracss, Magnaflow ypipe and competition exhaust, 10a.e. Rubicon rear bumper, SRC sliders, G2 diff armor, H4 headlights and some other stuff....
2014 VW Jetta/1989 325i sleeper project/1968 house
socal-jk is offline   Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #138
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 36,723
One thread about bacon is enough IMO. This one has runs its coarse.

kjeeper10 is online now   Quick Reply
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC