JKs in the Caymans - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
2012Cosmos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lehigh Valley
Posts: 237
Talking JKs in the Caymans

I thought seeing JK's was prevalent back in the states, but holy cow here in the Cayman Islands they are everywhere. I've seen over 150 since Sunday. Yes I'm keeping count, at exactly 157.....and that's with not being near roads all that often! I think I'll stash some cash here in a bank ( Romney style ) and live here with my JKU for the rest of my life!

2012Cosmos is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:32 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Cosmos View Post
I thought seeing JK's was prevalent back in the states, but holy cow here in the Cayman Islands they are everywhere. I've seen over 150 since Sunday. Yes I'm keeping count, at exactly 157.....and that's with not being near roads all that often! I think I'll stash some cash here in a bank ( Romney style ) and live here with my JKU for the rest of my life!
TONS of Jeeps in the Caymans and you'll probably see a fair share of Nissan Skylines, too!

Con Artist is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Jeeperz Creeperz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Cosmos View Post
I thought seeing JK's was prevalent back in the states, but holy cow here in the Cayman Islands they are everywhere. I've seen over 150 since Sunday. Yes I'm keeping count, at exactly 157.....and that's with not being near roads all that often! I think I'll stash some cash here in a bank ( Romney style ) and live here with my JKU for the rest of my life!
-------
You would have to stash it with the Obamas of the World deciding what is fair for you to keep. Then again the Obamas of the World can just make you stay here or pay a tax penalty (Obamacare style).
Jeeperz Creeperz is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
2012Cosmos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lehigh Valley
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist View Post
TONS of Jeeps in the Caymans and you'll probably see a fair share of Nissan Skylines, too!
Yes! And Toyota Supras!!
2012Cosmos is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
2012Cosmos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lehigh Valley
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperz Creeperz View Post
-------
You would have to stash it with the Obamas of the World deciding what is fair for you to keep. Then again the Obamas of the World can just make you stay here or pay a tax penalty (Obamacare style).
Truth
2012Cosmos is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
jo3_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 117
Just say No-bama.
jo3_h is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
RedBones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wv
Posts: 2,802
Plus 1.
;-)
__________________
14 JK WW
11 JK
03 TJ
97 TJ
95 YJ
RedBones is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Cosmos View Post
Yes! And Toyota Supras!!
It was like heaven on Earth when we went to the Caymans. I saw all sorts of "good" stuff. The same with when we went to Cozumel.

We were on our honeymoon and while my wife was paying attention to the tour guide and the scenic stuff, I was doing my own sight-seeing, which meant Nissan Skylines and all sorts of other "goodies" we don't see in the States!
Con Artist is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Cosmos View Post
I thought seeing JK's was prevalent back in the states, but holy cow here in the Cayman Islands they are everywhere. I've seen over 150 since Sunday. Yes I'm keeping count, at exactly 157.....and that's with not being near roads all that often! I think I'll stash some cash here in a bank ( Romney style ) and live here with my JKU for the rest of my life!
Thats nothing. Go to St. John. I think 90% of the vehicles are JKs, and no, I am not inflating that figure. Almost every parking lot I passed was more than 80% JKs. The other 20% are the rest of the Jeep line. I even made a joke to my wife that it's Jeep island.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
Thats nothing. Go to St. John. I think 90% of the vehicles are JKs, and no, I am not inflating that figure. Almost every parking lot I passed was more than 80% JKs. The other 20% are the rest of the Jeep line. I even made a joke to my wife that it's Jeep island.
They're probably all rentals. There were TONS of rental Jeeps out there when we went to the Caymans.

Con Artist is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC