JKU Mopar Enhanced Rubicon Rails, best deal (?) - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Gregcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Posts: 47
JKU Mopar Enhanced Rubicon Rails, best deal (?)

Anyone have a line on a good discount for a set. I think I want them on my JKU... either those or the Barricades.
I'd buy the Mopar if I can find a sweet deal.
Thanks, fellas!

__________________
Greg_C
Gregcon is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
chargermop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,528
If you wait for a couple of days I will have the barricade one's and will give a full review. The biggest problem I see with the mopar ones is they are to long in the rear and could be a problem if you run larger tires.

__________________
For lots of Willys Wheeler unlimited pictures see the link.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10456...42982012950705
chargermop is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
CBTmedic00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 67
OP: You do know that these stick off the tub pretty far right? Are you worried about your pinch seem at all? I mean with it being visible
CBTmedic00 is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Gregcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Posts: 47
Looks like the Mopar enhanced set covers the seam as the standard rock rail does and in addition, adds the tubular, welded 'bump-out' to it. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. I'm judging from pics I've seen.
Gregcon is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
chargermop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcon View Post
Looks like the Mopar enhanced set covers the seam as the standard rock rail does and in addition, adds the tubular, welded 'bump-out' to it. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. I'm judging from pics I've seen.
You're absolutely right like I said the only problem is they are to long.
__________________
For lots of Willys Wheeler unlimited pictures see the link.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10456...42982012950705
chargermop is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 304
I want the Mopar enhanced rails but ouch they are pricey. The new Barricade enhanced rails seem very very similar. Looking forward to a comparison.
__________________
2014 JK Sport B Hydro Blue - 6spd, 3.73, Prem. Soft Top, AC, 32" tires
D-Man604 is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
lanslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nicaragua
Posts: 1,221
Here's a shot of my Mopars. They are excellent! I paid $600 at the dealership with a discount from like $750.
__________________
Copperhead Pearlcoat 2014 JKU WILLYS Wheeler
24W, premium soft top, Mopar enhanced Rubi rock rails
Ordered:3/9 ~ Built:4/8 ~ Shipped:4/11 ~ Delivered:4/23
lanslide is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
CBTmedic00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanslide View Post
Here's a shot of my Mopars. They are excellent! I paid $600 at the dealership with a discount from like $750.
That is outrageous! Good on you if you got what u wanted but you could have got better quality and price elsewhere. But like I said good I you if your happy.
CBTmedic00 is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
lanslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nicaragua
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTmedic00 View Post
That is outrageous! Good on you if you got what u wanted but you could have got better quality and price elsewhere. But like I said good I you if your happy.
Huh? What is better and how much are they?
__________________
Copperhead Pearlcoat 2014 JKU WILLYS Wheeler
24W, premium soft top, Mopar enhanced Rubi rock rails
Ordered:3/9 ~ Built:4/8 ~ Shipped:4/11 ~ Delivered:4/23
lanslide is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 124
ace rock rails are $395. I have them on my JKU and am very happy..
stevepoz is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Gregcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Posts: 47
Lanslide, those look really nice! I bought the Mopars too; ordered them yesterday afternoon; dealer came down to 612 or so from the 775 list. It's what I wanted and I'll have to look at them every day for who knows how long, so I just bit the bullet and got what I really wanted. I won't 2nd guess myself all the time now or get pissed at myself for spending $300 on some cheap Chinese steel when the welds break or the paint flakes. I plan to get em on this weekend. In fact, I'm headed to pick them up now. They arrived at the dealer overnight. If something goes wrong with them, I won't have far to go to complain or ship them back to wherever.... to each, his own
I looked at the ACE and I liked them enough, but I'd have wanted a rail under them to hide the pinch seam (that bothers my eye, and I'm always drawn to it). I'd be back to same $ # in that case anyway...... Once, and done!
__________________
Greg_C
Gregcon is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
lanslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nicaragua
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcon View Post
Lanslide, those look really nice! I bought the Mopars too; ordered them yesterday afternoon; dealer came down to 612 or so from the 775 list. It's what I wanted and I'll have to look at them every day for who knows how long, so I just bit the bullet and got what I really wanted. I won't 2nd guess myself all the time now or get pissed at myself for spending $300 on some cheap Chinese steel when the welds break or the paint flakes. I plan to get em on this weekend. In fact, I'm headed to pick them up now. They arrived at the dealer overnight. If something goes wrong with them, I won't have far to go to complain or ship them back to wherever.... to each, his own
I looked at the ACE and I liked them enough, but I'd have wanted a rail under them to hide the pinch seam (that bothers my eye, and I'm always drawn to it). I'd be back to same $ # in that case anyway...... Once, and done!
My thoughts exactly! Wait 'till you see how easy they are to bolt on without any modifications. And they are excellent quality. As long as nothing shifts in the box - they should be scuff and scratch free.
__________________
Copperhead Pearlcoat 2014 JKU WILLYS Wheeler
24W, premium soft top, Mopar enhanced Rubi rock rails
Ordered:3/9 ~ Built:4/8 ~ Shipped:4/11 ~ Delivered:4/23
lanslide is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #13
Sr. "Honey-Bucket" Engr.

WF Supporting Member
 
71K5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 421
Images: 26
I like the Mopar Enhanced rails, but they are more "mall crawl" than "rock crawl" as far as protection is concerned.
Here are pics of mine:





71K5 is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,772
I too have the OEM 2 door version. BTW, ACE hang lower (don't cover the pinch seam) and stick further out. Apples to oranges comparing them to the Mopar ones.
__________________
2010 Flame Red JK Sport 6 spd/RK 1.5" Springs/Rancho 9000XL's/JKS Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Links/Rancho Control Arm Drop Brackets/Teraflex Rear Track Bar Bracket/Goodyear Duratrac's 33X12.50 -19 Offset/Level 8 Trackers 15X8/SC Flashpaq/aFe Exhaust & CAI/Or-Fab Front and Rear Bumpers/Trucklite Headlights/SEOUL LED Fogs/Synergy Grab Bars/Mopar Sill Guards/Husky Mats/AntennaX 13"/Daystar Hood Latches/E-Autogrille Grill Insert/Rugged Ridge Locking Fuel Door/Hard Top/Supertop NX/DD Sun Screen
Dr. Evil is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
pcardan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 66
I'm interested in selling mine off my '14 rubicon unlimited X if anyone is interested. Jeep is one month old
__________________

2014 JKURX Amp'd Ordered: 03/28/14 KZ Status on 05/23
pcardan is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
chargermop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,528
I posted this in another thread but I thought I'd throw it in here too. Well I received my barricade enhanced rails today they are the JKU version and while the box definitely took a beating they are in excellent shape and I'm very impressed with the fit and finish so far have not installed them but they look good and my biggest concern has been alleviated there are two inches shorter then the mopar rubicon rails so when I go to larger tires they won't be an issue, big plus in my book anyways here's a picture of them in the box I will put up a full review in the next few days.
__________________
For lots of Willys Wheeler unlimited pictures see the link.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10456...42982012950705
chargermop is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:37 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
CBTmedic00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanslide View Post
Huh? What is better and how much are they?
You could have gone wit poison spyder, tnt customs, kid, jcr, and my personal favorite and next purchase the purejeep sliders that bolt to the tub. This is really the only way to get true tub protection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2071187723.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	1314722
CBTmedic00 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:42 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
lanslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nicaragua
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTmedic00 View Post
You could have gone wit poison spyder, tnt customs, kid, jcr, and my personal favorite and next purchase the purejeep sliders that bolt to the tub. This is really the only way to get true tub protection.

Attachment 1314722
Are they all $600 shipped or less including paint for the Poison Spyder?
__________________
Copperhead Pearlcoat 2014 JKU WILLYS Wheeler
24W, premium soft top, Mopar enhanced Rubi rock rails
Ordered:3/9 ~ Built:4/8 ~ Shipped:4/11 ~ Delivered:4/23
lanslide is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
lanslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nicaragua
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermop View Post
I posted this in another thread but I thought I'd throw it in here too. Well I received my barricade enhanced rails today they are the JKU version and while the box definitely took a beating they are in excellent shape and I'm very impressed with the fit and finish so far have not installed them but they look good and my biggest concern has been alleviated there are two inches shorter then the mopar rubicon rails so when I go to larger tires they won't be an issue, big plus in my book anyways here's a picture of them in the box I will put up a full review in the next few days.
Charger,
Have you seen the Mopar version so you can compare the Barricade to the Mopar? I'm curious about how they compare. How much do they cost shipped?
__________________
Copperhead Pearlcoat 2014 JKU WILLYS Wheeler
24W, premium soft top, Mopar enhanced Rubi rock rails
Ordered:3/9 ~ Built:4/8 ~ Shipped:4/11 ~ Delivered:4/23
lanslide is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 75
71K5, that's a nice-looking ride. The balance/proportions, IMHO, are just about perfect.

V
vpm86 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:32 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
chargermop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanslide View Post
Charger,
Have you seen the Mopar version so you can compare the Barricade to the Mopar? I'm curious about how they compare. How much do they cost shipped?
I had seen the mopar ones in the past the look virtually identical, finish is top quality and matches the OEM the critical difference is these are shorter in the rear so as not to interfere with larger tires PM Ryan with extreme terrain and he'll get you set up on pricing.
__________________
For lots of Willys Wheeler unlimited pictures see the link.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10456...42982012950705
chargermop is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:44 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
lanslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nicaragua
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermop View Post
I had seen the mopar ones in the past the look virtually identical, finish is top quality and matches the OEM the critical difference is these are shorter in the rear so as not to interfere with larger tires PM Ryan with extreme terrain and he'll get you set up on pricing.
Looks like they are $350 plus shipping. The Mopars have the enhanced tube slightly angled up and the pinch seam guard has eased edges. Is this how the Barricade is built? Do your Barricades have any incomplete threads on the pinch seam studs like I read about?
__________________
Copperhead Pearlcoat 2014 JKU WILLYS Wheeler
24W, premium soft top, Mopar enhanced Rubi rock rails
Ordered:3/9 ~ Built:4/8 ~ Shipped:4/11 ~ Delivered:4/23
lanslide is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
chargermop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,528
To be honest I've only unwrapped one I will take a look at the other tonight as far as the studs and the mounting points all look 100% I'm going to guess the other guys forgive me I forgot his name problem was an anomaly hopefully mine look perfect. As I said the true test will be installation then we'll see if everything is 100% and I will definitely let you know.
__________________
For lots of Willys Wheeler unlimited pictures see the link.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10456...42982012950705
chargermop is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:23 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
Gregcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Posts: 47
The Barri's look nice and I almost went there, cept for a lack of history on them. I am curious about them and will be watching to see how easy they go on and how well they hold up. FYI, I live on a sand bar so I don't really see many boulders to crawl.
__________________
Greg_C
Gregcon is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:33 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
lanslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nicaragua
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermop View Post
To be honest I've only unwrapped one I will take a look at the other tonight as far as the studs and the mounting points all look 100% I'm going to guess the other guys forgive me I forgot his name problem was an anomaly hopefully mine look perfect. As I said the true test will be installation then we'll see if everything is 100% and I will definitely let you know.
Thanks...the Barricade pinch seam guards do look like the have eased rounded edges...just not to the same degree that the Mopars have. But it's hard to tell so let us know when you can.
__________________
Copperhead Pearlcoat 2014 JKU WILLYS Wheeler
24W, premium soft top, Mopar enhanced Rubi rock rails
Ordered:3/9 ~ Built:4/8 ~ Shipped:4/11 ~ Delivered:4/23
lanslide is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:48 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
chargermop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanslide View Post
Thanks...the Barricade pinch seam guards do look like the have eased rounded edges...just not to the same degree that the Mopars have. But it's hard to tell so let us know when you can.
Yeah when I do my review I have a spare set of Rubicon Rails I will take some side by side photos to be honest the rail part looks identical
__________________
For lots of Willys Wheeler unlimited pictures see the link.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10456...42982012950705
chargermop is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
14copperhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcardan View Post
I'm interested in selling mine off my '14 rubicon unlimited X if anyone is interested. Jeep is one month old
what are you asking for them? Message me thanks
14copperhead is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
CBTmedic00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanslide View Post
Are they all $600 shipped or less including paint for the Poison Spyder?
Close to it. I'm not gonna look up prices for you guy. My point is that 600 bucks for a factory part is crazy when you could get something that looks Better and is of better quality. But if your happy then your happy
CBTmedic00 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
lanslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nicaragua
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTmedic00 View Post
Close to it. I'm not gonna look up prices for you guy. My point is that 600 bucks for a factory part is crazy when you could get something that looks Better and is of better quality. But if your happy then your happy
Yeah, bud, I'm happy...thanks...nothing looks better or is of better quality in my opinion. What do you have?
__________________
Copperhead Pearlcoat 2014 JKU WILLYS Wheeler
24W, premium soft top, Mopar enhanced Rubi rock rails
Ordered:3/9 ~ Built:4/8 ~ Shipped:4/11 ~ Delivered:4/23
lanslide is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SF Bay Area & Reno, Nv
Posts: 15
Here are the barricades installed today.Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jul 19, 5 48 01 PM.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	1317290

sgtbuck is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC