I have an 07 and I switched it all to red with a much easier method than actually soldering in led chips. Here is an extremely spartan writeup:
1. Go to any auto parts store and get a strip of the color led you want.
2. Remove the control unit so you can get access to the circuit board inside where the lights are.
3. Pull off the little lights with a pair of needle nose pliers or something. The look like (and are) tiny, incandescent light bulbs soldered to the circuit board.
4. Line the outer edge of the inside of the control unit with the led strip.
5. Wire as necessary (for me, I tapped into the grey/orange wire, which is the power line for the lights in the unit, so that the leds are on the same controls as the old lights were)
6. Put it all back together.
It should look pretty good when you're done. The lenses for the lights are tinted green, so there still might be some green to the lights, but if you do enough overpowering, the light should start to match everything else. The knobs may still not quite look the way you want, as mine did not, so I swapped them out for billet ones with a red light port (they make a blue one too)
Hope this helped. Let me know if you want more or better details.