Life Time Warranty - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-16-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
al2ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,461
Life Time Warranty

Does my Jeep have a lifetime warranty on the powertrain? I've heard a few members saying they bought the lifetime warranty for a couple thousand dollars so I did a quick search and noticed that Chrysler automatically has a lifetime warranty on the powertrain for original owners. Salesman didn't say anything about that. I'm assuming those that paid for it are getting a bumper to bumper? Maybe worth it since I plan on keeping it until my 7 year old turns 16 and then passing it on to him.

__________________
2014 Unlimited Rubicon Amp'd 6-Speed
al2ride is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Steve2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 1,183
What year is it? I think the lifetime was only free on the 2008? to the original owner. 2010 and newer is a 5 year/100k mile power train. They just extended the warranty on the heads on 2012's to 10yr/150k I believe.

Steve2012 is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
"I'm kinda a big deal"

WF Supporting Member
 
Socaljk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southern California
Posts: 710
Yea I bought the Lifetime when I got mine. Was told that program was going to be ending soon. They explained that when Fiat bought the company they offered the Lifetime option as a confidence builder since Dodge/Jeep was notorious for transmission failures and such. I got my warrant in the mail not to long ago and read the fine print. Basically covers everything expect serviceable parts, I.E. break pad, Oil, rotors.....And if the dealership instals your aftermarket product they will not question failures later, if they occur.

That being said, most automotive insurance companies will sell you extended warranties if thats what you are looking for. If you are looking for one I would definitely check with your carrier.
__________________
2014 Anvil JKUR
Socaljk is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
al2ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2012 View Post
What year is it? I think the lifetime was only free on the 2008? to the original owner. 2010 and newer is a 5 year/100k mile power train. They just extended the warranty on the heads on 2012's to 10yr/150k I believe.
It's a 2014. Didn't realize it was just for the 2008s. Makes sense.
__________________
2014 Unlimited Rubicon Amp'd 6-Speed
al2ride is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
al2ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaljk View Post
Yea I bought the Lifetime when I got mine. Was told that program was going to be ending soon. They explained that when Fiat bought the company they offered the Lifetime option as a confidence builder since Dodge/Jeep was notorious for transmission failures and such. I got my warrant in the mail not to long ago and read the fine print. Basically covers everything expect serviceable parts, I.E. break pad, Oil, rotors.....And if the dealership instals your aftermarket product they will not question failures later, if they occur.

That being said, most automotive insurance companies will sell you extended warranties if thats what you are looking for. If you are looking for one I would definitely check with your carrier.
Not sure how much it costs. I plan on passing it down to my son and it will definitely be more than 5 years. I can pretty much fix anything in it so I'm not sure if it's cost effective after the warranty expires.
__________________
2014 Unlimited Rubicon Amp'd 6-Speed
al2ride is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Sandiegodoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 92
I'm worried about the electronics which are crazy expensive to replace.
Everything run by computer
That's why I bought lifetime
This is 1st and last jeep I'll buy figuring it
Will out last me
Sandiegodoug is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 52
I am planning on getting the lifetime warranty as I would like to keep the jeep forever. Taking delivery in Sept.
jeaoskibum is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Boston suburbs
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaoskibum View Post
I am planning on getting the lifetime warranty as I would like to keep the jeep forever. Taking delivery in Sept.
Doesn't cover sinking or flipping.
__________________
2015 JKU Sport - Firecracker Red, 6M, 3.73 LSD, Level 8 Trackers w/ 285/70/17 Duratracs, 1" Teraflex
1986 CJ7 build - Sold!
JeepRage is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #9
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
SteedGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Utah - A Jeep Friendly Place
Posts: 1,434
There is a forum member that is also a dealer and he will give you a quote on the life time warranty. He saved me lots of $$$$

Send ClayR a PM.
__________________
Molon Labe - Carry on!
SteedGun is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
RoadiJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,959
Send a PM to either ClayR or Noble on here. I bought my lifetime bumper-to-bumper Maximum Care warranty from Noble last December for $1,950.

We usually keep new vehicles at least 10 years and I figured it was a good investment. The cost came out to less than 55-cents per day.

Every Chrysler vehicle we've owned had various things go wrong over the years to where a lifetime warranty would have eventually paid for itself. I'm not taking the chance again. 55-cents per day is cheap peace of mind, IMHO.
RoadiJeff is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 52
Hoping to keep this one wheels down and out of the drink!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRage View Post

Doesn't cover sinking or flipping.
jeaoskibum is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:38 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
al2ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadiJeff View Post
Send a PM to either ClayR or Noble on here. I bought my lifetime bumper-to-bumper Maximum Care warranty from Noble last December for $1,950.

We usually keep new vehicles at least 10 years and I figured it was a good investment. The cost came out to less than 55-cents per day.

Every Chrysler vehicle we've owned had various things go wrong over the years to where a lifetime warranty would have eventually paid for itself. I'm not taking the chance again. 55-cents per day is cheap peace of mind, IMHO.
Thanks, it looks like the wise thing to do.
__________________
2014 Unlimited Rubicon Amp'd 6-Speed
al2ride is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadiJeff View Post
Send a PM to either ClayR or Noble on here. I bought my lifetime bumper-to-bumper Maximum Care warranty from Noble last December for $1,950.

We usually keep new vehicles at least 10 years and I figured it was a good investment. The cost came out to less than 55-cents per day.

Every Chrysler vehicle we've owned had various things go wrong over the years to where a lifetime warranty would have eventually paid for itself. I'm not taking the chance again. 55-cents per day is cheap peace of mind, IMHO.
Is that the $50 or $100 deductible? Going to get it soon and got my dealer down to $2100 for maxcare lifetime with $100 deductible. I'll PM Clay and Nobke too.
Gruson is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:51 PM   #14
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
SteedGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Utah - A Jeep Friendly Place
Posts: 1,434
I have a feeling that ClayR will beat the $ 2,100 and 100 ded. Be sure to let us know how you ended up with the deal.
__________________
Molon Labe - Carry on!
SteedGun is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
RoadiJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Is that the $50 or $100 deductible? Going to get it soon and got my dealer down to $2100 for maxcare lifetime with $100 deductible. I'll PM Clay and Nobke too.
That's the $100 ded. price. I've heard that the price has risen several hundred dollars since last year. $2,100 sounds like a really decent deal though your local dealer. When I asked mine if he would match the $1,950 offer I got from Noble he replied that it was lower than HIS cost and showed me some paperwork that indicated their cost was around $2,500.

I ran some numbers when I was deciding on whether to buy the $0, $50 or $100 ded plan. I calculated that our Jeep would need at least 15 repairs of $100 or more during the time we own it before either of the lower deductibles were a better deal. That's a lot of repairs.

Also, when you buy it keep sales tax in mind. I didn't pay any sales tax when I bought it out-of-state from Noble. I think my local dealer would have charged me tax.
RoadiJeff is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:12 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
mooney201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 318
Images: 3
We just purchased the lifetime from Clay, $2,015. with a $100 deductible. No tax.
A couple months ago it was $1,850. It went up.
__________________
2014 JKUR
mooney201 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 100
We bought ours for 2100 with the jeep.

We intend to keep this thing a while. I can fix pretty much anything (with time and parts money) but look forward to never having to do that with this jeep. I expect it to pay for itself. A/C, electronics, etc.

Mike

crazymjb is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC