MagnaFlow "Black Series" Exhaust Pics & Vids? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
OrangeJeepGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yukon, OK
Posts: 329
MagnaFlow "Black Series" Exhaust Pics & Vids?

I like the look of this by itself. Haven't found any pics of it installed on a jeep. Also looking for some sound clips of one installed if anyone has it.


Magnaflow


OrangeJeepGuy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
HunterTheBeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 685
This looks like a killer exhaust, hope someone chimes in with pics and sound clip.

__________________
2012 Crush JK Rubicon. Teraflex 2.5" coil w/fox shocks & 1" rear TF spacers. TF monster front and rear track bar. 315 75r16 duratracs on level 8 zx wheels. LOD armor lite mid w/engo 10000s. Lots of other goodies.
HunterTheBeagle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Rodger L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alaska
Posts: 214
Looks great, but expensive!
__________________
2013 White Sahara JK Unlimited

When something defies explanation, let it...
Rodger L is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 74
i'm seeing prices of 500$ for that? yikes.
__________________
Ordered - 1/21 - Frame - 2/5 Ship -2/7 Delivered - 2/16
Giantsfan1984 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
OrangeJeepGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yukon, OK
Posts: 329
I am a rookie. What is a good value throaty exhaust I could put on myself?
__________________
2013 JKUS Crush "Pistol Pete Jeep"
Rampage Front Recovery Bumper
Smittybilt SRC Side Armor
Plastidip Wheels
Soft Top - Summer
Hard Top - Winter
OrangeJeepGuy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 74
i'm not trying to rain on your idea. it might be a good value. from my eyes, its a muffler with brackets and an input. i think dynomax makes something similar for much less.

Dynomax 39510 Super Turbo Muffler Cat-Back Dual Exhaust System : Amazon.com : Automotive
__________________
Ordered - 1/21 - Frame - 2/5 Ship -2/7 Delivered - 2/16
Giantsfan1984 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 54
Gibson has M/M black exhaust, video should give an idea of sound

Gibson Performance Cat Back Exhaust Systems - Trucks, SUVs, Jeeps, Muscle Cars
CavCop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow
Posts: 102
If it was $350 or so I would jump on one as I think they are the best looking dual next to the Corsa DB.

Way overpriced for an axle-back, however, the FM ForceII is about the same price...

There is also a non-black Polished Stainless Steel one
It is almost $100 cheaper too! Another $100 and we are talking...

I personally don't like the way the Gibson (and don't like the sound) or the DynoMax when installed with the twisted muffler hanging down. The DynoMax also has the added bonus of one side hanging lower than the other, it is cheap tho...

Install is easy, a pry bar and maybe a BFH for the old one, 1hr tops
MaskMan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #9
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
m998dna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavCop View Post
Gibson has M/M black exhaust, video should give an idea of sound

Gibson Performance Cat Back Exhaust Systems - Trucks, SUVs, Jeeps, Muscle Cars
That thing sounds terrible...



.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2002 Chevrolet G3500 LWB 8.1L - motovan
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 4.0L HO - resto in-process
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
m998dna is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #10
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
m998dna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1984 View Post
i'm not trying to rain on your idea. it might be a good value. from my eyes, its a muffler with brackets and an input. i think dynomax makes something similar for much less.

Dynomax 39510 Super Turbo Muffler Cat-Back Dual Exhaust System : Amazon.com : Automotive
I would stick with Dynomax Super Turbo .. the original Walker OEM Corvair Turbo Muffler.



.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2002 Chevrolet G3500 LWB 8.1L - motovan
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 4.0L HO - resto in-process
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
m998dna is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
st1264's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor, ON (near Detroit)
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by m998dna View Post
That thing sounds terrible...



.
I agree... sounds like a ricer to me. Don't think you'll get the 'hemi v8' sound ever from a 3.6. Hope someone proves me wrong and I'll buy the setup
st1264 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #12
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
m998dna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
I agree... sounds like a ricer to me. Don't think you'll get the 'hemi v8' sound ever from a 3.6. Hope someone proves me wrong and I'll buy the setup
Nope... never.

I would simply run a 2.5" Super Turbo ... tuck and dump the tailpipe so it can barely be seen.

A 1965 Race Hemi came with single exhaust .. dumped in the rear.

.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2002 Chevrolet G3500 LWB 8.1L - motovan
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 4.0L HO - resto in-process
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
m998dna is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
st1264's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor, ON (near Detroit)
Posts: 1,252
Any 'cat-back dual outlet' system sound good? (No droning, look and sound better).

My head is getting filled with mods that I want to do now.
st1264 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 02:26 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
Moha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
Any 'cat-back dual outlet' system sound good? (No droning, look and sound better).

My head is getting filled with mods that I want to do now.
My Corsa DB on a 3.6, just a quick rev

2013 Wrangler Corsa DB exhaust rev - YouTube
__________________
2013 Commando Green JK 6spd
Moha is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #15
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Moabite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Moab
Posts: 882
I'm well past the age of needing a noisy Jeep. I was looking into a new exhaust strictly for clearance reasons...one that re-located the muffler in front of the axle. I almost bought one until I heard how they sounded. I ordered the muffler skidplate from Mountain Off-Road instead.
__________________
2013 JKUR softtop - Photos here: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/my-...on-202906.html
Gone and fondly remembered: '03 Rubicon - Sold 10/31/12
'82 Scrambler purchased new in 1982 - sold in '96
Moabite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #16
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 4,685
I'll go for anything if it helps me tuck the muffler up some. Hate the way that thing hangs down so far.
__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #17
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Moabite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Moab
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmanvarn View Post
I'll go for anything if it helps me tuck the muffler up some. Hate the way that thing hangs down so far.
There are several "high-clearance, off-road" exhausts. Most of them re-locate the muffler. Every one that I heard was noisy and sounded as bad as every "non-offroad" design that I've heard.
__________________
2013 JKUR softtop - Photos here: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/my-...on-202906.html
Gone and fondly remembered: '03 Rubicon - Sold 10/31/12
'82 Scrambler purchased new in 1982 - sold in '96
Moabite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #18
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabite View Post

There are several "high-clearance, off-road" exhausts. Most of them re-locate the muffler. Every one that I heard was noisy and sounded as bad as every "non-offroad" design that I've heard.
Ill keep that in mind.
__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
st1264's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor, ON (near Detroit)
Posts: 1,252
Yes, there will be more noise. Also the sound is a relative thing, one would love it, another hate it. I think the Rugged Ridge dual outlet exhaust looks good and sounds alright. Anyone buy that one?

I find the stock exhaust to be 'whiny' at higher rpm's. Think it looks and sounds like shit. Again, it's not that important. If people are putting on cat-back systems and it sounds worse, reduces gas mileage even more or lose torque I won't do it anyway. Just wondering if there is a "good choice" out there.
st1264 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #20
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Portland, OR. RipCity
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJeepGuy View Post
I like the look of this by itself. Haven't found any pics of it installed on a jeep. Also looking for some sound clips of one installed if anyone has it.


Magnaflow

I just installed this exhaust on my 2013 JKU this weekend. Super easy to install once you get the stock system off. Less than an hour total. Sounds and looks great. Nice low tone on acceleration. Quiet while at cruising speeds.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0129.jpg
Views:	4703
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	259974  
JKUcmnd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
MAG00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NE Texas
Posts: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUcmnd View Post
I just installed this exhaust on my 2013 JKU this weekend. Super easy to install once you get the stock system off. Less than an hour total. Sounds and looks great. Nice low tone on acceleration. Quiet while at cruising speeds.

Can you get some sound clips or video please? I had MagnaFlow on My Chevy Silverado when I had it and really liked it.
MAG00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 195
Looks awesome, sound clip PLEASE........
JKUCRUSHMIKE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #23
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jwilson2598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUCRUSHMIKE View Post
Looks awesome, sound clip PLEASE........
X2, want to hear how it sounds before I commit to it.
__________________
Jeff

2013 JKU Sahara, Gecko Green, loaded up
10A Springs, Teraflex levling kit, 315/70/17 Duratracs, AEV Pintler wheels, front/rear bumpers and hood
jwilson2598 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
jeffbab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 120
Is this black painted over stainless? or just aluminized painted black? I refuse to buy another exhaust that isn't stainless. My last aluminized system rotted out completely.
jeffbab is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
BigManAndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Posts: 765
I'd just be leery bashing the entire muffler or the tips on a setup like that. I mangled the stock exhaust tip on moderate trails. I'd rather get it out of the back completely and swap out the resonator for a muffler and dump it.

Oh and aluminized is JUNK. Old car of mine had a full custom exhaust, all stainless piping, except I went with Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers in the aluminized fashion and 2 upstate NY winters later the tops of them peeled back like a sardine can from rust. Loud enough to get me pulled over a couple of times. Thankfully they were like 35 bucks a pop so it was a relatively cheap repair. But I told myself if I ever went aftermarket exhaust it would HAVE to be a true stainless muffler.
BigManAndy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #26
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Portland, OR. RipCity
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbab View Post
Is this black painted over stainless? or just aluminized painted black? I refuse to buy another exhaust that isn't stainless. My last aluminized system rotted out completely.
It is stainless steel with a black ceramic powder coating. As for any worries re: bashing the exhaust tips/muffler, it all depends on what you are using your vehicle for. If you are going to be crawling, etc, a tucked system is obviously the way to go. For trail runs, camping, ski trips, etc, this will be no more in the way than the stock set up.
JKUcmnd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #27
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Portland, OR. RipCity
Posts: 9
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUCRUSHMIKE View Post
Looks awesome, sound clip PLEASE........
I will work on getting something posted. Forecasting rain in Oregon all this week.
JKUcmnd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #28
Sponsoring Vendor
 
DynoMax Exhaust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigManAndy View Post
I'd just be leery bashing the entire muffler or the tips on a setup like that. I mangled the stock exhaust tip on moderate trails. I'd rather get it out of the back completely and swap out the resonator for a muffler and dump it.

Oh and aluminized is JUNK. Old car of mine had a full custom exhaust, all stainless piping, except I went with Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers in the aluminized fashion and 2 upstate NY winters later the tops of them peeled back like a sardine can from rust. Loud enough to get me pulled over a couple of times. Thankfully they were like 35 bucks a pop so it was a relatively cheap repair. But I told myself if I ever went aftermarket exhaust it would HAVE to be a true stainless muffler.
Did you take advantage of our guarantee by chance, you do need your original receipt though.
Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Warranty / Safe & Sound Guarantee

Limited Lifetime Warranty Qualifying Products:
DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ SS Polished Mufflers
DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ Welded Mufflers
DynoMax® VT™ Mufflers
DynoMax® Super Turbo™ Mufflers
DynoMax® Stainless Steel Systems (38XXX and 39XXX Series)

And I agree get a stainless steel system/muffler.
DynoMax Exhaust is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
st1264's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor, ON (near Detroit)
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoMax Exhaust View Post
Did you take advantage of our guarantee by chance, you do need your original receipt though.
Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Warranty / Safe & Sound Guarantee

Limited Lifetime Warranty Qualifying Products:
DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ SS Polished Mufflers
DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ Welded Mufflers
DynoMax® VT™ Mufflers
DynoMax® Super Turbo™ Mufflers
DynoMax® Stainless Steel Systems (38XXX and 39XXX Series)

And I agree get a stainless steel system/muffler.
I had a Super Turbo muffler rust out... it was replaced for free! This was years ago, glad to see that DynoMax still warranties their stuff.
__________________
Save ammo for the Zombie invasion!

13' JKU Sport S, Black
st1264 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 195
Are you having any luck with a sound clip for the magnaflow?

JKUCRUSHMIKE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC