Media center 730n crashed! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
kpeoples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 133
Media center 730n crashed!

Does any have a JK 2012 with the MEDIA CENTER 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV? I Picked up my 2012 wrangler August 16 and three days later the nav system crashed. The dealer tells me there is a know issue with the 2012 wranglers that have the 730n. They don't know when they will get the replace radio b/c the company that makes them has not figure out how to fix it. Is anyone else having this problem or did I just get a lemo :-( Other than the Radio issue I love the Jeep.

kpeoples is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
GravelRoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 64
My 730 is working fine so far.

GravelRoad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
kpeoples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 133
Update: Today I disconnected the battery to try and reset the nav system. Now when I select the Nav button on the radio it displays a message

"Navigation Database Not Install.... Insert CD to install navigation database"
kpeoples is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 200
Your dealer is full of crap.

The hard drive is failing, and they have to replace the 730. Simple as that.
glowingghoul is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
kpeoples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 133
I talked to the service manager and told that Jeep still does not know what the problem is with the 730 nav and will not be shipping new ones until they know how to fix the problem. I have been driving around for 3 months with an $1,800 that is broken and my Dealer does not seem to care.
kpeoples is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeoples View Post
I talked to the service manager and told that Jeep still does not know what the problem is with the 730 nav and will not be shipping new ones until they know how to fix the problem. I have been driving around for 3 months with an $1,800 that is broken and my Dealer does not seem to care.
Go to another dealer and complain to Jeep about your original dealer.

You can also try complaining to higher people at the dealership to see if you get anywhere.
verdugan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 283
Nice.....must be the same department that takes care of the software for the alignment machines that won't work until they get updated. I love my JK but this stuff is not confidence inspiring.
44Blues is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Blues View Post
Nice.....must be the same department that takes care of the software for the alignment machines that won't work until they get updated. I love my JK but this stuff is not confidence inspiring.
This is more of a dealership issue rather than a Jeep issue.
verdugan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
LBrito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lakewood, CA
Posts: 477
My 730N took a dump after 3 weeks also. No replacement yet, one was "ordered" though. It's been about 2 weeks.
__________________
* 2012 JKU Rubicon Deep Cherry Red - 4.10 Gears - AEV 4.5" DualSport RS Suspension - 35x12.5 BFG KM2's on Pro Comp 8069 Wheels - ACE Rock Sliders - Gobi Stealth Rack - Tom Wood's shafts - M.O.R.E Dual Battery Tray with 2 Optima Yellow Tops, Smart Isolated.
* Military M416 Trailer in Olive Drab - Custom Aluminum Lid - Mombasa RTT on lid - ARB Awning w/privacy room on custom low sitting extension arms - Custom Rear Swing-out Tire Carrier - Custom Fuel Carrier on Tongue...
LBrito is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
kpeoples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 133
If my dealer does not do something next week I'm taking it to another dealer and never going back to them.
kpeoples is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
mjf232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: S. Jersey near Philly
Posts: 487
I'd be livid if that happened to me and demand something done qucikly. No way in hell I pay $30+grand for a brand new car and not have a working radio. If the person u talk to cant remedy ur situation then they better find someone who can. This is unacceptable and outrageous.

Man im gettn hot about it and its not even my car
mjf232 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
This is more of a dealership issue rather than a Jeep issue.
That may be true, but as a customer requiring a basic service which I've had every dealer in the past 30 years be able to satisfy, I'd be pissed. You can't align my Jeep why? I don't care really care whose issue it is and ultimately it is a poor reflection on Jeep. Just my opinion....
44Blues is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeoples View Post
I have been driving around for 3 months with an $1,800 that is broken and my Dealer does not seem to care.

You got more restraint than me, my friend.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
kpeoples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 133
It's been more than three months and the dealership has not fix my crashed navigation system so I call Jeep today. Lets see if Jeep can do better than the dealership. They said someone would call me tomorrow
kpeoples is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #15
Jreed08013
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeoples
It's been more than three months and the dealership has not fix my crashed navigation system so I call Jeep today. Lets see if Jeep can do better than the dealership. They said someone would call me tomorrow
I wouldn't be able to hold out as long as you have, just saying.
  Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
kpeoples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 133
Well if it turns out to be the dealership I will be sure to post there name ;-)
kpeoples is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
kpeoples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 133
So I call Jeep to see if there really is an issue with the 730 nav system because my Jeep dealership still has not fixed my radio. On September 6 I took my Jeep to the dealership to have the radio looked at. They told me it needs a new radio and they would have to order it. No problem, right! Wrong. They still do not have the radio yet and it is Nov 20th.

After talking to Jeep and the dealerships it turns out the radio has been sitting at the dealership for the last 30 days and the dealership didn't even know. WTF. Wait,it gets better. After a part has been at the dealership for 30 days they send it back. So my radio was sent back.

On Nov 6th I talked to the service mgr and he told me that they did not have the radio and he had no idea when it would be in. He even said he would have the parts mgr checking for. Meanwhile it was at the dealership the whole time.

I love my... and I'm done with this dealership!
kpeoples is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #18
Jreed08013
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeoples
So I call Jeep to see if there really is an issue with the 730 nav system because my Jeep dealership still has not fixed my radio. On September 6 I took my Jeep to the dealership to have the radio looked at. They told me it needs a new radio and they would have to order it. No problem, right! Wrong. They still do not have the radio yet and it is Nov 20th.

After talking to Jeep and the dealerships it turns out the radio has been sitting at the dealership for the last 30 days and the dealership didn't even know. WTF. Wait,it gets better. After a part has been at the dealership for 30 days they send it back. So my radio was sent back.

On Nov 6th I talked to the service mgr and he told me that they did not have the radio and he had no idea when it would be in. He even said he would have the parts mgr checking for. Meanwhile it was at the dealership the whole time.

I love my... and I'm done with this dealership!
Wow, that's a sad excuse for a dealership.... What was the name of the dealership again? :P
  Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
kpeoples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 133
So after calling Jeep and Jeep calling my dealership my radio is in. After waiting for my dealership for almost three months I called Jeep and within a few day the dealership had the radio...
kpeoples is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #20
dirt road inspector

WF Supporting Member
 
tomthbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Deep East Texas
Posts: 2,415
Quote:
So after calling Jeep and Jeep calling my dealership my radio is in.
After waiting for my dealership for almost three months I called Jeep and within a few day the dealership had the radio...
Sorry, I'm throwing the bullshit flag on this one.
__________________
tomthbomb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
kpeoples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 133
Gengras Jeep in east hartford
kpeoples is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #22
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,822


You guys with your fancy smancy navs. I'll take the bottom of the barrel stock crap and use my iPhone for directions.

If I want good tunes ill go aftermarket
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Blues View Post
That may be true, but as a customer requiring a basic service which I've had every dealer in the past 30 years be able to satisfy, I'd be pissed. You can't align my Jeep why? I don't care really care whose issue it is and ultimately it is a poor reflection on Jeep. Just my opinion....
I agree with you if you had taken it to multiple dealers. You don't say if you did. If you only took it to one, you got a bad dealer. All brands have bad dealers unfortunately.
verdugan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #24
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
730N Data Dump

I've had my 2012 with the 730n for 5 months. The only problems I've had with the system is with the nav portion. It has dumped all my "saved locations" including "home" about four times. I have reentered the locations only to have them disappear again. I have not disconnected the battery or anything else that should cause this issue. Ideas?
Mudfly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #25
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
bo9roadking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 650
On two occassions, my 730N has not immediately turned on when I start my Jeep. The first time was a few days ago when I started my Jeep after it had been setting overnight. The Jeep started, but the radio didn't come on for several minutes. It happened for the second time this morning when I started up the Jeep after it was setting overnight. Since I had my headlights on, I noticed that even though my dash lights were on, the lights for the radio buttons weren't working. After driving down the road for a bit, the radio button lights started working and the radio came back on.

I'm not going to blame Chrysler yet because I may have a lose connection that I caused when I opened up my dash to install the MyGig Lockpick. If my radio loses power again, I'll tear open the dash and make sure everything is plugged in before I make an appointment with my dealer.
__________________
2012 Unlimited Rubicon
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
bo9roadking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #26
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
stroh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oviedo, Florida
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
If my radio loses power again, I'll tear open the dash and make sure everything is plugged in before I make an appointment with my dealer.
How hard is it to access the head unit on a 2012. I have seen videos of the older JK's but the printed instructions I found online for the 2012 look like a pain in the ass. 19 connectors to remove???
__________________
2012 DOZER JKJP72 24G ERB DGJ PY5 APA *PL -XV MX3 AAJ HAB AHT DME 4EA

10/12/2011 Ordered, Thanks Pat@Fields Jeep!
10/31/2011 Built
11/07/2011 Plant Release
11/22/2011 Delivered!!! Thanks Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of Florida!!!!
stroh is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
ranjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lowell, AR
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo9roadking
On two occassions, my 730N has not immediately turned on when I start my Jeep. The first time was a few days ago when I started my Jeep after it had been setting overnight. The Jeep started, but the radio didn't come on for several minutes. It happened for the second time this morning when I started up the Jeep after it was setting overnight. Since I had my headlights on, I noticed that even though my dash lights were on, the lights for the radio buttons weren't working. After driving down the road for a bit, the radio button lights started working and the radio came back on.

I'm not going to blame Chrysler yet because I may have a lose connection that I caused when I opened up my dash to install the MyGig Lockpick. If my radio loses power again, I'll tear open the dash and make sure everything is plugged in before I make an appointment with my dealer.
My RER did this in my '09 Ram. I found that it was an issue with the AllGIG lockpick I was using. Drove me crazy.
__________________
2012 Rubicon Unlimited
Black, Auto, 4.10
Metal Cloak 3.5" Game Changer Lite, 37x12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, JCR Stinger & Rear Crusader Tire carrier with Rotopax, Recon 10.5K winch, Evo Protek skids, ACE sliders, sPod, Viair ADA
My YouTube Videos
ranjr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #28
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
On two occassions, my 730N has not immediately turned on when I start my Jeep. The first time was a few days ago when I started my Jeep after it had been setting overnight. The Jeep started, but the radio didn't come on for several minutes. It happened for the second time this morning when I started up the Jeep after it was setting overnight. Since I had my headlights on, I noticed that even though my dash lights were on, the lights for the radio buttons weren't working. After driving down the road for a bit, the radio button lights started working and the radio came back on.

I'm not going to blame Chrysler yet because I may have a lose connection that I caused when I opened up my dash to install the MyGig Lockpick. If my radio loses power again, I'll tear open the dash and make sure everything is plugged in before I make an appointment with my dealer.
+1. Today the whole system locked up and I couldn't access the radio, nav...nothing. I couldn't even turn it off. It just had a radio screen and didn't respond to anything. No music, nada. Turned the Jeep off when I went into the store and when I came back out, it worked fined. Second time this happened...
mpr131 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #29
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Angry At leat you can drive ypurs....

My 2012 JKU has been carried to the Stealership on a "roll back" for the 2nd time in 7-days (only 1300 miles on her)

She keeps blowing "coil packs" and this time (2nd) the Dealer does not know why

Said they have called Chysler for assistance Yes! I am pissed

__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
kpeoples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 133
My radio has finally been replaced but the tech that installed the new radio scratched up the dash around the power window buttons

kpeoples is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
2012 , 730n , sahara , unlimited , wrangler

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
730N Media Center Navigation Freezing LBrito JK General Discussion Forum 13 11-25-2013 03:56 PM
Media Center 730n in 2012 Wrangler digitalducki JK General Discussion Forum 6 11-23-2011 09:46 PM
2012 Media Center Options COBuckeye JK General Discussion Forum 11 11-10-2011 06:15 PM
Media Center 731 Motorized Flip Screen? pdaemon JK Tech Forum 2 03-03-2011 10:25 PM
Help with media center HD gellie JK General Discussion Forum 4 10-10-2010 03:57 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC