MEGA Front Bumper thread - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today



Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #61
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 61
JKLIVIN is on a distinguished road
This is a great thread, thanks for your hard work!!!!
JKLIVIN is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #62
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Dsquarewd is on a distinguished road
I need a bumper that will allow me to mount my old reliable Warn 8274 on my new 2012 jk. Would like mid to full width. Does not have to super heavy as I do not rock crawl. The only one i can find is warn which requires additional plate. Thanks

Dsquarewd is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #63
Jeeper
 
Casotakar1229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,214
Casotakar1229 is on a distinguished road
Well, when I am ready to change the stock bumper out I know what thread I'll be referring to. lol nice thread!
Casotakar1229 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #64
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 283
44Blues is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
If you live in deer country get the largest heavy duty full width bumper you can afford.
They are not just for looks.

I recently saw a nasty corner hit on a JK with a stubby...a decent full width would have likely spared the owner at least some mechanical damage. Unless you rock crawl often, the stubby gives up too much protection to be worth it IMO. I'm going full width and will forego those few times where the stubby would have made the difference on the trail....just buy what suits your needs and be honest with yourself.
44Blues is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #65
Jeeper
 
cocky grin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 766
cocky grin is on a distinguished road
Smittybilt src it was 500$ I personally like the look and I think it'll save u from a deer
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120309_123203.jpg
Views:	985
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	103435
cocky grin is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #66
Jeeper
 
MickeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 1,820
MickeYJ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky grin
Smittybilt src it was 500$ I personally like the look and I think it'll save u from a deer
Wait? Is this like mine? Cause mine is the Smittybilt SRC and was $280 w/o winch from 4WheelParts. Did the $500 include it?
I don't need to worry about deer in LA but still love the look and makes me feel safer.

MickeYJ is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #67
Jeeper
 
cocky grin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 766
cocky grin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeYJ

Wait? Is this like mine? Cause mine is the Smittybilt SRC and was $280 w/o winch from 4WheelParts. Did the $500 include it?
I don't need to worry about deer in LA but still love the look and makes me feel safer.
It could be that mines for a jk and I just kinda rounded up it was somewhere in the 400range.
cocky grin is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #68
Jeeper
 
MickeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 1,820
MickeYJ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky grin

It could be that mines for a jk and I just kinda rounded up it was somewhere in the 400range.
Actually they look different. The top part looks wider on yours. Looks good as well
MickeYJ is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #69
Jeeper
 
RedBones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wv
Posts: 2,824
RedBones is on a distinguished road
tag.
__________________
14 JK WW
11 JK
03 TJ
97 TJ
95 YJ
RedBones is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #70
Jeeper
 
Casotakar1229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,214
Casotakar1229 is on a distinguished road
I really like the look of the aires, but don't know if I really need something that bulky looking lol.
Casotakar1229 is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #71
Jeeper
 
damitjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 135
damitjim is on a distinguished road
Doesn't anyone have Smittybuilt XRC on a JK/JKU? That's what has my attention, but I can't seem to find anyone with one.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
damitjim is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #72
Jeeper
 
cocky grin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 766
cocky grin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by damitjim
Doesn't anyone have Smittybuilt XRC on a JK/JKU? That's what has my attention, but I can't seem to find anyone with one.
Gotta get the src but imagin mine without the "wings" and you have the xrc

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120311_101751.jpg
Views:	1074
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	103873



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120311_101808.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	103874
cocky grin is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #73
Jeeper
 
damitjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 135
damitjim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky grin View Post
Gotta get the src but imagin mine without the "wings" and you have the xrc

Attachment 103873



Attachment 103874
My local 4Wheelparts only has the TJ's on display and the XRC looks different from the SRC. I'm going with flatties eventually and the SRC won't look right with the "wings" hanging out there, so I'm going stubby. The SRC looks great with the stock fenders though and I like it, just not with flatties.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
damitjim is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #74
Jeeper
 
damitjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 135
damitjim is on a distinguished road
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
damitjim is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #75
Jeeper
 
JcrOffroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 996
JcrOffroad is on a distinguished road
Crusader Full-width Front
• Construction: 3/16" Steel
• Weight: 75lbs
• Finish: bare metal
• Frame Modification: No cutting, Relocation need for 2012 vacuum pump (included).
• Options: Lower Skid, single hoop and 3/4" Shackles.
• Price: $749 (lifetime warranty)

JcrOffroad, Inc. JK Wrangler Front Full-width Winch Bumper


Crusader Full-width Prerunner Front
• Construction: 3/16" Steel
• Weight: 85lbs
• Finish: bare metal
• Frame Modification: No cutting, Relocation need for 2012 vacuum pump (included).
• Options: Lower Skid and 3/4" Shackles.
• Price: $899 (lifetime warranty)

JcrOffroad, Inc. JK Wrangler Front Full-width Prerunner Winch Bumper
__________________
JcrOffroad
info@jcroffroad.com
269.353.1184

Like us on Facebook for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on Twitter!
JcrOffroad is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #76
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
AgnisBegone is on a distinguished road
Bestop highrock 4x4 high access bumper advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengen1 View Post
Also should add a pic of mine being its different than the pic u have listed that doesn't have fogs and I opted for the textured black grill gaurd and not chrome and I put lights where the winch would go but does have light tabs on grill gaurd as well

Attachment 92359
Hi Bengen 1~
thanks for posting you pics! i'm one click away from ordering this bumper (it is the highrock 4x4 high access by bestop, right?)... I'm really new at all this and reading up a lot and trying to learn as much as i can before making any purchases. i have an 07 black Sahara, so your pics really give me a good idea of what this bumper would look like on my jeep. i have a few questions, if you or anyone else who reads this can help me answer...

my jeeps not lifted. im going to order new wheels/tires real soon. currently have stock 255/70/18"s. switching them out for duratrac 33's and mb tko 15's. i think, from all i've read i shouldn't have a problem with clearance with the 33's. but, now with thinking of the highrock 4x4 high access bumper and i'm worried that the weight (i was told it's 85 lb's) might drop the front end too much and 33's might rub..??? what you guys think? i was told i could install (TeraFlex 1953075) - TeraFlex Leveling Spacer they are 24 bucks! and that this would help. seems too good to be true- any advice here?

Thank ya!
AgnisBegone is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #77
Jeeper
 
damitjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 135
damitjim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnisBegone View Post

my jeeps not lifted. im going to order new wheels/tires real soon. currently have stock 255/70/18"s. switching them out for duratrac 33's and mb tko 15's. i think, from all i've read i shouldn't have a problem with clearance with the 33's. but, now with thinking of the highrock 4x4 high access bumper and i'm worried that the weight (i was told it's 85 lb's) might drop the front end too much and 33's might rub..??? what you guys think? i was told i could install (TeraFlex 1953075) - TeraFlex Leveling Spacer they are 24 bucks! and that this would help. seems too good to be true- any advice here?

Thank ya!
If I remember correctly, the stock bumper runs around 20lbs - 30lbs, so you'll probably want to do the leveling kit, especially if you strap on a winch.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
damitjim is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #78
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
AgnisBegone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by damitjim View Post
If I remember correctly, the stock bumper runs around 20lbs - 30lbs, so you'll probably want to do the leveling kit, especially if you strap on a winch.
Thanks for the feedback. Def no winch- pretty much a dd, although i do live out in the country and getting a new bumper mostly to protect for potential run in's with deer. but, man...i pray that it never happens. better to be safe...
AgnisBegone is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #79
Jeeper
 
bengen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis County
Posts: 818
bengen1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnisBegone View Post
Hi Bengen 1~
thanks for posting you pics! i'm one click away from ordering this bumper (it is the highrock 4x4 high access by bestop, right?)... I'm really new at all this and reading up a lot and trying to learn as much as i can before making any purchases. i have an 07 black Sahara, so your pics really give me a good idea of what this bumper would look like on my jeep. i have a few questions, if you or anyone else who reads this can help me answer...

my jeeps not lifted. im going to order new wheels/tires real soon. currently have stock 255/70/18"s. switching them out for duratrac 33's and mb tko 15's. i think, from all i've read i shouldn't have a problem with clearance with the 33's. but, now with thinking of the highrock 4x4 high access bumper and i'm worried that the weight (i was told it's 85 lb's) might drop the front end too much and 33's might rub..??? what you guys think? i was told i could install (TeraFlex 1953075) - TeraFlex Leveling Spacer they are 24 bucks! and that this would help. seems too good to be true- any advice here?

Thank ya!
Here is a closer look, I have 33's on and no lift, just make sure you have a decent backspace on your rims, mine are 4.75 backspace and I have no rubbing but I haven't done any hard core wheeling either...Its not 85 lbs but more like 70 if i remember right and I didn't notice any additional sag in front but I am planning on doing a 19/60 coil swap and either billstein or OME shocks later on.
bengen1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #80
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,753
07XMan2Door is on a distinguished road
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #81
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
AgnisBegone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengen1 View Post
Here is a closer look, I have 33's on and no lift, just make sure you have a decent backspace on your rims, mine are 4.75 backspace and I have no rubbing but I haven't done any hard core wheeling either...Its not 85 lbs but more like 70 if i remember right and I didn't notice any additional sag in front but I am planning on doing a 19/60 coil swap and either billstein or OME shocks later on.
Perfect! Thank you so much! totally helpful...
AgnisBegone is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #82
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
AgnisBegone is on a distinguished road
Oh, and Bengen 1, what kind of tires are they?
AgnisBegone is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #83
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,753
07XMan2Door is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcrOffroad View Post
Thought I would toss our hat into the mix!

Stubby Fronts:

JcrOffroad, Inc. JK Wrangler Front Stubby Dagger Pre-Runner Winch Bumper


Dagger Front Stinger
• Construction: 3/16" Steel
• Weight: 65lbs
• Finish: bare metal
• Frame Modification: No cutting, No relocation need for 2012 vacuum pump.
• Options: Lower Skid, 3/4" Shackles and Taller Stinger w/ Supports.
• Price: $399 (lifetime warranty)

JcrOffroad, Inc. JK Wrangler Front Stubby Dagger Stinger Winch Bumper
Dang I like this bumper. How far foreward does the stinger pertrude? Garage space is tight but I like it with the stinger for sure.

My luck, just clicked on the link & it said, "Currently unavailable!!"
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #84
Jeeper
 
bengen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis County
Posts: 818
bengen1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnisBegone
Oh, and Bengen 1, what kind of tires are they?
They are 285 70r17 procomp xtreme M/T 's
bengen1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #85
Jeeper
 
JcrOffroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 996
JcrOffroad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door View Post
Dang I like this bumper. How far foreward does the stinger pertrude? Garage space is tight but I like it with the stinger for sure.

My luck, just clicked on the link & it said, "Currently unavailable!!"
JcrOffroad, Inc. JK Wrangler Front Stubby Dagger Stinger Winch Bumper
__________________
JcrOffroad
info@jcroffroad.com
269.353.1184

Like us on Facebook for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on Twitter!
JcrOffroad is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #86
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,753
07XMan2Door is on a distinguished road
Thanks!!
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #87
Jeeper
 
RemoJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,886
RemoJK is on a distinguished road
OR-Fab Stinger bumper
Stinger with center winch mount
Reinforced 3/4" d-ring brackets
3/16" plate steel construction
1/4" winch mount plate
.120 wall stinger wall tubing


__________________

2008 Rubi

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/wf-...ml#post8251537
Rausch Creek ride^^
RemoJK is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #88
Jeeper
 
thenorsepole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Blue Ridge, GA
Posts: 431
thenorsepole is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by su18 View Post
I really like the Aries bumper but I can only find it for 700+ how/where has anybody seen it for 590?
E-bay is where I got mine. At the time (last spring) I paid a little more than $600 for front and $550 for the rear.

Love the Aries - it's solid as a rock and mainly because there are very few out there so I am at least a little different. I live in serious deer country and I have no doubt who would win that argument.
__________________
Bernie
2016 Rubi Hard Rock - Black/Black
thenorsepole is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #89
Jeeper
 
su18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 185
su18 is on a distinguished road
Thanks I'll keep looking
__________________
If you're not last you're first
su18 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #90
Jeeper
 
appleman46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 915
appleman46 is on a distinguished road
Subscribed.

appleman46 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumper for JK DTS Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 65 04-06-2015 11:22 AM
welder or front bumper mrbigjeep General Jeep Discussion 69 02-24-2012 11:32 PM
New Rugged Ridge Jeep JK XHD Aluminum Front Winch Bumper EAD Offroad Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 15 01-02-2012 06:22 PM
Lift kit list. Decide on a lift from this! 97wrangler-242 TJ General Discussion Forum 27 10-10-2011 09:04 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC
« Back

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner