Mopar premium off road bumper, - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Matty87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 60
Mopar premium off road bumper,

Anyone have this? The one in the 2013 accessories catalogue. Thinking about ordering it but wanna know if its decent

Matty87 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
BillyPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Washington state
Posts: 315
Lovin mine, recently installed and a Qtec 9000 winch. easy install fits like a glove.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New front look jeep.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	235512   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1247.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	235513  


__________________
.


2012 Orange Crush Sahara 2dr.
BillyPete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 25
how functional is it, the warning about it being cosmetic and not designed to prevent injury in an accident or using it as a tie down point make me wonder about it.
LOLMPG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
mattdenney07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 280
IMO there's better looking bumpers out there that are more functional for a fraction of the cost, but in the end it's your Jeep so do what you want!
__________________
Mine: 2012 Crush JKU
Hers: 2008 Red Rock Crystal Pearl JKUR
mattdenney07 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Mark Theriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 67
Anyone even make a list of the various bumper options vs stock - showing the weight difference?

Just curious.
__________________
2013 JK Sport S
------------
2014 2D Rubicon
Mark Theriot is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
michiganadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 2,367
Honestly with chryslers complete failure at engineering several important features on our jeeps, why would you trust them to make a decent bumper? Infact, cosmetic only? Wtf? Thats a huge turn ofF

These people knowingly use the wrong size bolt on trackbars!

But maybe im the only one who hates chrysler and would never own one except for the fact that jeeps are cool as hell and chrysler currently makes them?

By the way it does look cool.
michiganadam is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
JTPhoto JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,059
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganadam View Post
Honestly with chryslers complete failure at engineering several important features on our jeeps, why would you trust them to make a decent bumper? Infact, cosmetic only? Wtf? Thats a huge turn ofF

These people knowingly use the wrong size bolt on trackbars!

But maybe im the only one who hates chrysler and would never own one except for the fact that jeeps are cool as hell and chrysler currently makes them?

By the way it does look cool.
SERIOUSLY!!!!
Chrysler doesn't make the bumper, WARN makes it for them. AEV also makes bumpers for them (steel bumpers on the COD MW3).
__________________
Jeff _(OIIIO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB, PitBull Rockers 35x12.50x17 on BlackRock Vipers, AEV Premium Bumper,
JTPhoto JK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Lowerumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdenney07 View Post
imo there's better looking bumpers out there that are more functional for a fraction of the cost, but in the end it's your jeep so do what you want!
x2
Lowerumble is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Ltblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,015
I hate how those fog lights are so far apart.. Main reason why I didn't get the AEV premium bumper.
Ltblue is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
ratchettt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Foothills of Appalachia
Posts: 492
Know nothing about it. My first viewing. Have to say I like the simplicity and overall design/look.
__________________
2013 White JKR 4.1 Automatic

There are no winners here, just beguiled participants
ratchettt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
jwilson2598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganadam View Post
Honestly with chryslers complete failure at engineering several important features on our jeeps, why would you trust them to make a decent bumper? Infact, cosmetic only? Wtf? Thats a huge turn ofF

These people knowingly use the wrong size bolt on trackbars!

But maybe im the only one who hates chrysler and would never own one except for the fact that jeeps are cool as hell and chrysler currently makes them?

By the way it does look cool.
You should go post this in the Rubicon 10A thread and tell those guys/gals their bumpers are junk since Chrysler made them. Have fun with that, lol
__________________
Jeff

2013 JKU Sahara, Gecko Green, loaded up
10A Springs, Teraflex levling kit, 315/70/17 Duratracs, AEV Pintler wheels, front/rear bumpers and hood
jwilson2598 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #12
kik
Jeeper
 
kik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,724
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLMPG View Post
how functional is it, the warning about it being cosmetic and not designed to prevent injury in an accident or using it as a tie down point make me wonder about it.
That's just a standard disclaimer. What prevents serious injury are seat belts and air bags. It is a "bumper" and it includes crush cans for low impact, and is significantly stronger than the standard oem bumper. Chrysler doesn't want any bumper used as a tie down point.
kik is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
kik
Jeeper
 
kik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,724
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltblue View Post
I hate how those fog lights are so far apart.. Main reason why I didn't get the AEV premium bumper.
That gives a better light pattern in order to see a the "fog line" painted on almost every road. If aesthetically you don't like the position then that's a personal opinion and there are other off road bumpers you might want to consider.
kik is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
HK_Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ken Caryl Valley, Colorado
Posts: 2,244
Get the AEV one instead.
__________________
2014 JKU Rubicon- all white with tan leather

LOD front bumper, AEV rear bumper, TeraFlex tire carrier, Shrockworks sliders, Method Standard wheels, 35" MTR Kevlars, Englewood driveshafts, Synergy 3" Lift, Rancho 9000XLs, Artec truss, Teraflex C-gussets, Grabars, HotHead Liners, MORE dead pedal, Tuffy underseat box, Uniden 520 XL, 10lb CO2 tank...
HK_Runner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #15
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
michiganadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson2598 View Post
You should go post this in the Rubicon 10A thread and tell those guys/gals their bumpers are junk since Chrysler made them. Have fun with that, lol
Did i ever say jeeps are junk because chrysler made them? Ive never even seen a 10a yet. But the bumpers sure are junk on my jeep....

anyway you dont have to agree with me.

Edit: i will do it for 20 bucks
michiganadam is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
JTPhoto JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,059
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kik View Post

That gives a better light pattern in order to see a the "fog line" painted on almost every road. If aesthetically you don't like the position then that's a personal opinion and there are other off road bumpers you might want to consider.
You bet, the factory fogs work way better in the AEV bumper then they ever did in factory bumper.
__________________
Jeff _(OIIIO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB, PitBull Rockers 35x12.50x17 on BlackRock Vipers, AEV Premium Bumper,
JTPhoto JK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #17
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 259
Chrysler isn't totally stupid because they know that the greatest number of Jeep owners are going to change the Bumper anyway! They just give you the hooks and bolt holes to put your (whatever designed bumper you buy or build on it)!
Kevin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #18
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
michiganadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Chrysler isn't totally stupid because they know that the greatest number of Jeep owners are going to change the Bumper anyway! They just give you the hooks and bolt holes to put your (whatever designed bumper you buy or build on it)!
Honestly i agree.

And atleast they gave us more fender possibilities than the yj guys. The yj fender design is crap for mods....but i do like the stock ones...

And chrysler also sells their sports cars for halfway decent prices.
michiganadam is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
mattdenney07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganadam View Post

Did i ever say jeeps are junk because chrysler made them? Ive never even seen a 10a yet. But the bumpers sure are junk on my jeep....

anyway you dont have to agree with me.

Edit: i will do it for 20 bucks
You're on haha! I'd love to see that conversation.
__________________
Mine: 2012 Crush JKU
Hers: 2008 Red Rock Crystal Pearl JKUR
mattdenney07 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,921
If it were a plastic aggressive looking bumper cover then I'd buy it. I'm sick of these big fat heavy things. Even the aluminum ones are too heavy.

No love for the street crawlers?
__________________
2013 Commando Green Freedom Edition JKU
2013 Billet Freedom Edition JK
legitposter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kik View Post
That's just a standard disclaimer. What prevents serious injury are seat belts and air bags. It is a "bumper" and it includes crush cans for low impact, and is significantly stronger than the standard oem bumper. Chrysler doesn't want any bumper used as a tie down point.
That's kind of what I figured, but I hadn't seen the disclaimer on any other product so it kind of stuck out.
LOLMPG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
scuba_steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 674
What they ^ said about the fog position.

The stock fog lights on my TJ were mounted outside of my headlights...and that helped them illuminate the side of the road. It rocked...especially on a dark country road. Not a fan of how they are mounted in the stock JK bumper...but on the other hand, it really doesn't matter since they suck.
scuba_steve is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Cascadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 295
I'm actually planning on installing one of those bumpers on my Jeep next week. As far as looks are concerned, it's my favorite bumper on the market, especially with where the winch mount is. The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is where I'm going to mount my license plate.
Cascadian is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
mattdenney07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadian View Post
I'm actually planning on installing one of those bumpers on my Jeep next week. As far as looks are concerned, it's my favorite bumper on the market, especially with where the winch mount is. The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is where I'm going to mount my license plate.
Get it!

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12107_0911.htm
__________________
Mine: 2012 Crush JKU
Hers: 2008 Red Rock Crystal Pearl JKUR
mattdenney07 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
Cascadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 295
That's perfect. Thanks bud.
Cascadian is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
mattdenney07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadian View Post
That's perfect. Thanks bud.
No problem. And with a little ingenuity, I've seen guys make it lockable onto the bumper itself... Think steel cable, drill, padlock, etc.
__________________
Mine: 2012 Crush JKU
Hers: 2008 Red Rock Crystal Pearl JKUR
mattdenney07 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
BillyPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Washington state
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadian View Post
I'm actually planning on installing one of those bumpers on my Jeep next week. As far as looks are concerned, it's my favorite bumper on the market, especially with where the winch mount is. The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is where I'm going to mount my license plate.
I plan on putting mine on the skid plate. Low and not so in your face look.
__________________
.


2012 Orange Crush Sahara 2dr.
BillyPete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2013, 06:16 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
Paul04tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Shelby Twp. MI
Posts: 611
Images: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganadam View Post
Honestly with chryslers complete failure at engineering several important features on our jeeps.

I love comments like this. can you elaborate with a couple examples?
I can think of a few things I'd like to see, but I would'nt call them a "Complete failure at Engineering"

I may be biased though.
__________________
Bright White 2 door soft top 6 speed MOAB..
Paul04tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #29
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
michiganadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul04tj View Post
I love comments like this. can you elaborate with a couple examples?
I can think of a few things I'd like to see, but I would'nt call them a "Complete failure at Engineering"

I may be biased though.
The front seats on my 08 wrangler are the worst seats ive ever experienced. The headrests on my 08 wrangler Feel like concrete. But its a jeep so i can put up with it because jeeps are cool.

the trackbar bolts are the wrong size from the factory. But i put up with that because i can fix it myself.

And this problem has killed people and they dont even acknowledge it exists...

The back seat on a 2 door, if the cables should ever break, is impossible to remove for a repair without cutting it apart. All it needs is a second way to unlatch.

The spare tire holder is rated for 30lb but the rubicon comes with a tire heavier than that. Uhmmmmmm..

Chrysler used to have a 2.7 Liter engine that blew up at 70k all the time due to sludge buildup because of an area of low oil pressure because the oil pump was too small.

Chrysler made the only car i have ever seen blow an engine because of a short circuit. Instantly did the crankcase vent mod to that one.

Fail.....

Anyway its not like anyone else is making the jeep wrangler.
michiganadam is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
Cascadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 295
Is it street legal to mount it on the skid? It doesn't seem like it'd be easy enough to see at the downward angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyPete View Post
I plan on putting mine on the skid plate. Low and not so in your face look.

Cascadian is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC