1. Paid 40,000 for a big yellow jeep November 2011from Courts Motors in Hurricane, WV
2. March 2012 I was driving along in Stanton Ky when it just died. The motherboard went out on it. The police came and rescued me and they towed it into the dealership and it was there 19 days ! They called me at one point to come get it and I drove to Hurricane and before I could get there they called and said, Don't come, it blew the motherboard AGAIN when we test drove it.
3. April 10 I made the first request to Chrysler for the Lemon Law. The turned me down and Patti who was my rep said it was because to qualify I needed 30 days of non use in the first year.
4. May 7 the check engine light was on again and it went into the shop again for 8 more days. 5. The check engine light comes on constantly and I am scared to go anyplace because it isn't dependable and so far the 16,000 miles that it has gone has left me stranded more than once.
6. The spark plugs were out on it and it had a miss in two spots and they took it in to fix that.
7. The Remote start works intermitently which they later said was due to the Motherboard.
8. The seals along the glass on the passenger side leak and they replace those in May.
9. The right front passenger floor board has about 2 inches of water in it anytime you run the air conditioner. This remains true to this day.
10. October 23 the check engine light comes on again and when you try to drive it it doesn't want to go. You can press the gas pedal and it doesn't go. Once again it went in to Courts Motors and they had it for 8 days.
11. They replaced the head because #4 cal had a misfire and it was bad and needed a new Head on the Engine.
12. I once again contacted Chrysler and asked them to give me the Lemon Law on it and this time the guy said He couldn't give me a reason. Said they are not allowed to tell me why they are turning me down and that anyone who previously told me why was in error. That was November 15.
13. December 8 I was driving up the four lane when it just suddenly died. I pulled over and waited a second and started it back after tears and cussing and the light flashes and beeps and the manual says, Pull over and stop ! Its parked out front now and I have no vehicle AGAIN ! Tomorrow I will have to figure out how to get my child to school or live my life. 40,000 dollars. FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS !!!
I will again ask tomorrow what the snot Chrysler is willing to do to make right their promise to providing me with a safe, dependable Jeep for that money. The jeep has only 32,133 miles on it now.
It has 0ver 620 signatures from Geocachers
from across the country on it and to be honest, now its a bit embarrassing that I can't offer to take anyone for a ride because Im scared It will break down before we get there.
Im not saying that JEEPS on the whole are junk. I love that JEEP and wanted to drive it for years and years to come. But I am saying that this particular one is a very good example of what a LEMON is and that this particular one is certainly NOT what a person who plunks down 40,000 dollars expects to get from a brand new jeep within the first 32,000 miles