need a 2.5 inch lift , want a great kit , help me decide - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtVW View Post
Spyder, if you are primarily a street driver you want the drop brackets "Geometry Correction Kit"...

I ran mine for 3 weeks without it and it was a little twitchy and had a bit of bump-steer. However after the correction kit went on, the truck instantly became better than stock. Its the best $99 you'll ever spend, don't skip it.

As far as the concerns raised earlier about the brackets hurting clearance, it would really only matter if you're getting into pretty dicey terrain anyhow.. The bracket is about 1 inch below the frame rail. Really if you're not rock crawling, its probably never going to be a concern.

Take your time and Torque everything to spec -- Then retorque after a few hundred miles. And of course after any serious time off road, its a good habit to retorque (with any kit).
yup im def going to order the geo corr brackets , thanks for the advice everyone

Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
So I'm looking for rims and tires now, going to go with kmc xd addicts 17 inch, and 35 duratracs what size rim do I get to fit 35 12.5 17

Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
flash1034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 223
Go with OME or Teraflex.


Flash
flash1034 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #34
Jeeper
 
KurtVW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder1049 View Post
So I'm looking for rims and tires now, going to go with kmc xd addicts 17 inch, and 35 duratracs what size rim do I get to fit 35 12.5 17
Seems like you'd want a 17 inch rim for that...
KurtVW is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #35
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
yea i want 315 70 17 duratracs , im just confused on the wheel size , i think i need a 17 x 9 tire correct me if im wrong , what bolt pattern and backspacing would it require to fit these tires
Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #36
Jeeper
 
benjamin.allen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Paxton, Ma
Posts: 293
5x5 bolt pattern and i would say 4 inch backspacing but someone correct me if i am wrong on the backspacing
__________________
2008 Sahara Unlimited.
295/75/16 on cragar soft 8 rims.
AEV 2.5 lift
Synergy Chromoly Tie Rod and High Steer Draglink
benjamin.allen is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #37
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
Oh and offset, I'm ready to pull the trigger on this tonight so hopefully someone will reply on what I Def need
Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #38
Jeeper
 
CollinJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 204
I've been shopping for the same kit. Just curious, what made you chose the AEV over the RK kit? I have been looking at both.

I do find my asking, "is the RK kit really THAT good....?"
__________________
1988 YJ - Ford 5.0, NP435 trans, NP205 tcase. *unfinished*

2010 JKU Rubicon - Stock

CollinJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #39
Jeeper
 
Matador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,594
Wow I'm sorry that I just caught this thread and your mind seems to be made up on the AEV kit.

AEV is a good choice for some. Its really meant for owners that will be spending 99% of the time on the road, with the 1% of overland type offroading. The problem I have is that its mainly a mixture of brackets, springs and shocks. As mentioned before, they don't replace the control arms and that's critical, along with the 3" loss in ground clearance with the geo brackets, its an indicator that the kits focus isn't offroading.

I'm also on Long Island and make trips out to rausch. After one trip out you'll quickly realize how critical control arms are to a lift. You'll also realize that the control arm brackets take a beating, losing 3" would be a disaster. But like I said, its meant for more inroad handling. You can listen to everyone's advice but in the end you need to make a decision based on your needs.

In terms of wheels, I would concentrate on either AEV or Rugged Ridge. They are the only companies that make "hub centric" wheels for the JK. Wheels that are specifically designed for the JK. This is an important benefit because the wheel is properly centered when mounted to the hub. True you can get pretty close with other wheels but they are a paint to mount up properly and when your talking about a 35" tire it's really a pain. The other thing I want to mention in regards to AEV wheels is the offset they try to keep as much to stock as possible and since their kits don't use control arms there is no rubbing issue. But if you use them with RK control arms hey will rub. Rugged Ridge wheels are spaced out a bit more and will clear without problems.

Like I said, I'm on the island also so if you need help with anything let me know.
__________________
-Lou
'12 JK Rubicon
Matador is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #40
Jeeper
 
CollinJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 204
So that's pretty much why the RK kit is so expensive. Replaces all of the control arms, eh?
__________________
1988 YJ - Ford 5.0, NP435 trans, NP205 tcase. *unfinished*

2010 JKU Rubicon - Stock

CollinJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #41
Jeeper
 
woansleftpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,332
I'm in a similar position, but I'm struggling to see why I should pay almost twice as much for an AEV or Teraflex kit as compared to a Skyjacker or Pro Comp kit:

Skyjacker 2.5" Standard Lift Kit for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...3533&plID=1808

Is there a difference in component quality that really justifies paying twice the price?
__________________
Hold my beer and watch this.......
woansleftpeg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #42
Jeeper
 
CollinJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 204
I've been seriously afraid of buying a cheap lift and it being stiff like those "bro" trucks.
__________________
1988 YJ - Ford 5.0, NP435 trans, NP205 tcase. *unfinished*

2010 JKU Rubicon - Stock

CollinJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #43
Jeeper
 
m25red's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gulf Shores, Alabama
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin.allen
5x5 bolt pattern and i would say 4 inch backspacing but someone correct me if i am wrong on the backspacing
4.5 back spacing is the magic number according to most. That's what I went with and it worked out just right.
m25red is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
benjamin.allen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Paxton, Ma
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by m25red View Post

4.5 back spacing is the magic number according to most. That's what I went with and it worked out just right.
That's what i thought and what i got but i still had some rub on the front air dam till i removed it
__________________
2008 Sahara Unlimited.
295/75/16 on cragar soft 8 rims.
AEV 2.5 lift
Synergy Chromoly Tie Rod and High Steer Draglink
benjamin.allen is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #45
hi5

WF Supporting Member
 
VASYLfromUKRAINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NEW JERSEY
Posts: 1,127
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOR View Post
Do the Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod or 2.5 Flex System. You can always expand from there. Throw on a set of Bilstein 5100s and call it a day. Or the Teraflex 2.5" coil kits are a good choice as well.
yep
VASYLfromUKRAINE is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
Got a question about the aev kit . The geo corr brackets , they take 2 inches away really? can anyone explain this to me .

Im still searching lifts , trying to justify each one and its on/offroad manners, want to be around the 1500 dollar range , would like to have the control arms plus shocks in the kit , like i said this is my DD and i need it to function well on road thats what keeps bringing me back to peeking at the aev kit because ive heard nothing but good about its on road manners and alot of people saying its no good for off road. I'd like to find that happy medium so i know im getting my monies worth on both sides of the lift .
Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
last i looked at was the RK max travel with bilsteins , any one object against this kit?
Rock Krawler JK 2.5 Max Travel System (RKJK25MT)
Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #48
AOR
Sponsoring Vendor

WF Supporting Member
 
AOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Aukum, CA - El Dorado County about 55 mins from the Rubicon Trail
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder1049 View Post
last i looked at was the RK max travel with bilsteins , any one object against this kit?
Rock Krawler JK 2.5 Max Travel System (RKJK25MT)
The only thing I object to about that kit is the flex bushings at the frame end. I would order the kit with Krawler joints at both ends. Typically a $10.00 upgrade per joint with that kit.

Namaste,

Allen
__________________
Allen's Offroad - 530-620-1100
Email me at: sales@allensoffroad.com


Rock Kralwer Suspension Deals -- Suspension Deals Winch Deals -- LED Light Bars
AOR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
KurtVW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder1049 View Post
Got a question about the aev kit . The geo corr brackets , they take 2 inches away really? can anyone explain this to me .

Im still searching lifts , trying to justify each one and its on/offroad manners, want to be around the 1500 dollar range , would like to have the control arms plus shocks in the kit , like i said this is my DD and i need it to function well on road thats what keeps bringing me back to peeking at the aev kit because ive heard nothing but good about its on road manners and alot of people saying its no good for off road. I'd like to find that happy medium so i know im getting my monies worth on both sides of the lift .
Lets temper this with a little bit of reality..

First of all, the 2ish inches (looks more like 1 to 1.5 to me) is right at the Control arm attach to the frame.

People claiming its useless off-road are the same ones who will tell you that you're certain to die if you don't buy the same equipment that they have on their truck. The simple truth is that people are 1) absurdly loyal to their chosen brands 2) Always assume that you're going to wheel the same way they do.

If you're doing such gonzo crud that your little bracket might get stuck, then why are you only doing a 2.5 inch lift? Right? Obviously if you wanted to get into the big stuff you'd be looking at 4.5 or more lift. But, you're probably a pretty casual wheeler who wants some occasional tricky stuff. And this fits the bill nicely.

The AEV kit is very capable on and off road. Is it better than Brand-X? I don't know, I don't own that one. But I do own the AEV, and I get onto some pretty obnoxious terrain and the drop bracket has not been an issue what-so-ever. Could it hit? YES... Could your oil pan hit? YES.. Would brand-X be able to guarantee you will never get hung up on something? NO.

You can stick any jeep anywhere and find a way to get hung-up on something. Every lift has its pros and cons. If the drop bracket being slightly below the level of the frame is the only thing they can find wrong with the AEV kit, then that should tell you its a pretty darn good kit. It drives awesome on-road, and off for everything I ask it to do, (which is not hard rock crawling, because if that was what I was doing I wouldn't have gone up only 2.5).

So, keep it in perspective. Buy the kit that works for you, and try not to get to intimidated by folks that swear your front trackbar is going to shatter into 1000 pieces because you didn't get the one they own. (and if you're worried about that too, you can always buy whatever one you like).
KurtVW is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
Thanks Kurt you seem reasonable, I guess I'm a little gun shy as to choosing what's best for me, sorry in advance. I wish I could just test drive other people's lifts to see if I like it lol
Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
KurtVW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder1049 View Post
Thanks Kurt you seem reasonable, I guess I'm a little gun shy as to choosing what's best for me, sorry in advance. I wish I could just test drive other people's lifts to see if I like it lol

here is a photo of the bracket from the day I installed... That is a 21mm bolt head there, so call that 8/10ths of an inch roughly. See how much its NOT 2 inches... (SHINEY BITS ARE AEV.. Dirty bits are original)

Also, see that crossmember right there hanging down that is part of your stock jeep anyhow... So we are MAYBE 1/2 inch lower than that.. Its really nothing. Hope this helps.

KurtVW is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
KurtVW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California
Posts: 437
Oh, and no matter what kit you get.. Download the most recent install instructions, stuff in the box is sometimes out of date... Follow the install carefully, be sure to loosen Control arms and track bars and retorque to specs as it instructs, else you really will mess up some stuff and introduce potentially dangerous problems.
KurtVW is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
Yeah I'm going to do the install with my buddy in Northport, he's a pretty good mechanic as I've never done this before but want to do all the mods myself so it can help me understand and I can learn from all this
Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
Matador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtVW View Post

Lets temper this with a little bit of reality..

First of all, the 2ish inches (looks more like 1 to 1.5 to me) is right at the Control arm attach to the frame.

People claiming its useless off-road are the same ones who will tell you that you're certain to die if you don't buy the same equipment that they have on their truck. The simple truth is that people are 1) absurdly loyal to their chosen brands 2) Always assume that you're going to wheel the same way they do.

If you're doing such gonzo crud that your little bracket might get stuck, then why are you only doing a 2.5 inch lift? Right? Obviously if you wanted to get into the big stuff you'd be looking at 4.5 or more lift. But, you're probably a pretty casual wheeler who wants some occasional tricky stuff. And this fits the bill nicely.

The AEV kit is very capable on and off road. Is it better than Brand-X? I don't know, I don't own that one. But I do own the AEV, and I get onto some pretty obnoxious terrain and the drop bracket has not been an issue what-so-ever. Could it hit? YES... Could your oil pan hit? YES.. Would brand-X be able to guarantee you will never get hung up on something? NO.

You can stick any jeep anywhere and find a way to get hung-up on something. Every lift has its pros and cons. If the drop bracket being slightly below the level of the frame is the only thing they can find wrong with the AEV kit, then that should tell you its a pretty darn good kit. It drives awesome on-road, and off for everything I ask it to do, (which is not hard rock crawling, because if that was what I was doing I wouldn't have gone up only 2.5).

So, keep it in perspective. Buy the kit that works for you, and try not to get to intimidated by folks that swear your front trackbar is going to shatter into 1000 pieces because you didn't get the one they own. (and if you're worried about that too, you can always buy whatever one you like).
Kurt, the AEV kit is great if your looking for a lift that has outstanding on road handling. That's it's main selling point. Can it handle off road terrain? Sure. HelI I was taking my stock rubicon through blue/black rock gardens at Rausch. Any lift can get you through most stuff but some lifts are much better suited for certain things then others. I always recommend the AEV kit to people who have no interest in heavy duty off roading. There are much better lifts designed to do that.

There's a reason why AEV decided to go with drop brackets instead of replacing the control arms. It's because beefy control arms are useless for on road handling and overland driving. Have you ever held a heavy duty RK control arm in comparison to the factory one? If you did you would realize the benefit and importance of control arms. Aside from the solid beefier construction another important benefit is flexing when the jeep is articulating. A huge benefit you lose when running stock arms and brackets.

If your interested in a video to see what I'm talking about, check this one out where they compare stock control arms with aftermarket ones with joints
http://youtu.be/8dE_tFFvjfU

In terms of the drop brackets, the control arms themselves and mounting points are impact points when your offroading. They always take shots, no matter how you wheel. It's the reason why RK bends their arms up, for additional clearance. Even if AEV's brackets were 1/4" loss, your talking about an area that often gets tagged and sometimes even that 1/4" clearance is welcome.

Let me wrap this up by saying, again, that the AEV is a great proven kit but its design purpose is much different than RK or Metal Cloak. You might be able to do what the others do offroad, just not as we'll. But, that might not be your intent anyway. If that's the case, people will then argue, why spend that amount of money if your never going to go offroading anyway?
__________________
-Lou
'12 JK Rubicon
Matador is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
Matador , so could you suggest a kit thats around 1000-2000 that will give me a great on road ride while also allowing me to do some good off roading at rausch, to just beach running like im used to . I would love to have something upgradeable that if i need to add something i could . I look at it as I'm going to learn on the go and figure all this stuff out , but i need a good base to work with .
Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
ThatWhiteMachine101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 470
Aslong as it has long arms and Bilstein or Rancho shocks, you'll be happy.
__________________
2005 Patriot Blue TJ - Current love.
2004 Stone White TJ - Rest in Piece old girl.
ThatWhiteMachine101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #57
Jeeper
 
Matador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder1049 View Post
Matador , so could you suggest a kit thats around 1000-2000 that will give me a great on road ride while also allowing me to do some good off roading at rausch, to just beach running like im used to . I would love to have something upgradeable that if i need to add something i could . I look at it as I'm going to learn on the go and figure all this stuff out , but i need a good base to work with .
I would get the Metal Cloak ARB edition. It costs $1,599 and includes everything you'll need for mostly anything you'll come across on the beach or rausch. What I really like about the Metal Cloak kit that is unique and different from AEV and RK are the dual rate springs, dura flex joints on the front upper control arms and the OME nitro shocks. With the remaining $400 you could pick up lower front control arms to really dial everything in and possibly exhaust spacers depending on your final lift amount and drive shaft clearance.

http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Jeep-Du...ion-p/7117.htm
__________________
-Lou
'12 JK Rubicon
Matador is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 89
Another consideration would be running the AEV kit but replacing the control arms if you ever have the need. You can run both and get all of the advantages that come with AEV tuning and (theoretically) stronger control arms.

Several implied misconception here though:

1. The drop brackets don't come with the 2.5" kit. They are an option if you want them. If you don't, don't buy them.

2. The stock arms are rarely compared to aftermarket arms in deflection testing. Aftermarket arms are probably stronger but this is generally hard to establish from the available data. The joints are usually the weak link in terms of durability. This is usually treated as a non issue because they aren't hard to replace....probably a few hundred dollars and a 2-3 hours. But others have run joints that were worn and they didn't know it. They had become used to it until they had some more major wobble or shimmy. The stock arms are durability tested to 140,000 miles and are cheap to replace. Plus you can run them until you bend them (seriously unlikely) and then get new arms if you saw fit. You wouldn't get free motion during articulation but the stock joints will articulate from the bumpstop to the end of the shock travel without much trouble...not freely but definitely full travel. The MC arms are really nice though and worth considering.

3. On the 2.5 the only other major bracketry is the track bar bracket which is where much of the handling improvement comes from. Many companies provide something similar in back but don't lift the bar as much as AEV. Aev lifts it close to 4" for their 2.5. If you need it to be stronger you can have it welded on.

4. The drop brackets do far more than simply replace an adjustable CA. They rotate the pinion in an arc to maintain more optimal driveline angles as the axle moves through its range. So the pinion isn't at any constant angle. They change the relationship between the upper and lower arms to improve braking performance. And as a side benefit, improve bump handling. In fact they do more than a long arm setup without all of the arm length to scrape on rocks. But if you prefer to skip them because you are worried about the loss of clearance in that spot, you can just not spend the additional $100 that they cost.
MikeinMinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
Mike Gardner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Aberdeen Maryland
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Kurt, the AEV kit is great if your looking for a lift that has outstanding on road handling. That's it's main selling point. Can it handle off road terrain? Sure. HelI I was taking my stock rubicon through blue/black rock gardens at Rausch. Any lift can get you through most stuff but some lifts are much better suited for certain things then others. I always recommend the AEV kit to people who have no interest in heavy duty off roading. There are much better lifts designed to do that.
I have to disagree, I've wheeled all of MOAB. I've done it on the 2.5, 3.5, and the 4.5 AEV. I've been wheeling for 18 years and owned many different kits.

Quote:
There's a reason why AEV decided to go with drop brackets instead of replacing the control arms. It's because beefy control arms are useless for on road handling and overland driving.
Not correct at all. AEV uses the factory arm because there's nothing wrong with them. The TJ AEV kits used new arms because the old stamped arms were weak.

Quote:
Have you ever held a heavy duty RK control arm in comparison to the factory one? If you did you would realize the benefit and importance of control arms. Aside from the solid beefier construction another important benefit is flexing when the jeep is articulating. A huge benefit you lose when running stock arms and brackets.
For many people building a Jeep that is a rock crawler or weekend crawler doesn't justify losing the on road handling. No AEV kit I've ever used made me stop and say, "man I wished I could flex more.

Quote:
If your interested in a video to see what I'm talking about, check this one out where they compare stock control arms with aftermarket ones with joints
Metalcloak's Duroflex Joint Revealed - YouTube
Great videos!

Quote:
In terms of the drop brackets, the control arms themselves and mounting points are impact points when your offroading. They always take shots, no matter how you wheel. It's the reason why RK bends their arms up, for additional clearance. Even if AEV's brackets were 1/4" loss, your talking about an area that often gets tagged and sometimes even that 1/4" clearance is welcome.

Let me wrap this up by saying, again, that the AEV is a great proven kit but its design purpose is much different than RK or Metal Cloak. You might be able to do what the others do offroad, just not as we'll. But, that might not be your intent anyway. If that's the case, people will then argue, why spend that amount of money if your never going to go offroading anyway?
You made some very good points. I hope you do not think I'm bashing the RK product, it's a great product but just like every kit out there it has it's applications.
__________________
1945 Willys CJ-2a #1,713
1995 Wrangler YJ 4.0 RE 4.5, 35's full GenRight
"If you're gonna scream, scream with me. Moments like this never last." Glen Danzig, The Misfits 1977
Mike Gardner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
dreinecke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 146
Images: 2
Lift

This is my third Jeep vehicle (first JKU) with a lift. I chose the 2.5" AEV DualSport with Geometry brackets. I'll never look back. I drive my rig over 100 miles per day to work on the highway. PERFECT road manners. I've put over 3,000 miles on it thus far and have loved every minute of it.

Off road? Not a problem. Do I do EXTREME rock crawling? No. However, this thing articulates way better than I could ever have hoped for. The springs handle weight like it is nothing, and the shocks are fabulous both on and off road. I've gone through some very rough terrain and have yet to hit the Geo brackets.

As you've seen though, there are a million opinions on everything. I will NEVER use a cheap lift again - both of my XJ's sucked after I lifted them. I actually sold the last one due to the fact that I just couldn't take driving it 500+ miles a week any longer.

Good luck with your selection!

__________________
2012 JKU - Tigger - 6-Speed, 3:73 LSD, AEV 2.5" w/Geo brackets, GYD 285-70-17, Bestop Bumpers front and rear.
2013 JKU OM - Oscar - Auto, 3:73 LSD Freedom Edition - GYD 285-70-17, Poison Spyder spacers, TF 1" leveling puck.
2005 Liberty - Daughter's
2014 Patriot - Son's
dreinecke is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC