Need Hitch and Underseat Box for 2013 JK 2dr - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
felix53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 24
Images: 1
Need Hitch and Underseat Box for 2013 JK 2dr

I just bought a 2013 2 door Rubicon and am need of a couple "wife approved" accessories (no winch yet) but am struggling.

I'm trying to determine if this hitch will work on the 2013's. A couple websites say yes and a couple more say no. If not, is there a different/better hitch to use?

Rugged Ridge 11580.52 Trailer Hitch Kit

I'm also looking for an underseat lock box to carry my FNX40. I'm not comfortable carrying it in the glovebox anymore because it's so easy to get into (i have a soft-top). It's an awesome gun and I'd hate to have it stolen. Everything I'm finding won't fit the 2013 2 door (only fits the 4dr).

__________________
13 JK Rubicon Dune - 6 speed
felix53 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 16
I bought that rugged ridge hitch kit from shopjeepparts.com. it was the cheapest I could find and seems to be of good quality from what i can tell. Also they are based in North ATL so shipping should be quick for you. Sorry I can personally comment on fitment as my jeep is being shipped to the dealer now.

Waldo Jeepin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
MichaelEdwardsDO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 267
Reese Towpower 44557 Class III/IV 2" Square Tube Professional Hitch Receiver http://amzn.com/B000RNW5MG
I used this one also kramer2k put a box in his look up his thread
MichaelEdwardsDO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Flint_Holbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clover
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix53 View Post
I just bought a 2013 2 door Rubicon and am need of a couple "wife approved" accessories (no winch yet) but am struggling.

I'm trying to determine if this hitch will work on the 2013's. A couple websites say yes and a couple more say no. If not, is there a different/better hitch to use?

Rugged Ridge 11580.52 Trailer Hitch Kit

I'm also looking for an underseat lock box to carry my FNX40. I'm not comfortable carrying it in the glovebox anymore because it's so easy to get into (i have a soft-top). It's an awesome gun and I'd hate to have it stolen. Everything I'm finding won't fit the 2013 2 door (only fits the 4dr).

I have a factory hitch I removed from my 2013 Rubicon when I installed my High rock rear bumper W/tire carrier. Would make a deal on it.
Flint_Holbrook is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,156
I don't think any under-seat boxes are compatible with the "lift & tilt" front seats of the 2011 - 2013 2-doors.

There are security boxes for the center console, though.


https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-300-...f-console.aspx

Caution, requires deep pockets!
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
traitor08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 480
The fn's are nice guns. I have the fnx 45 tactical and the fns 40. Both very nice.
__________________
13 JK Dozer - 6sp and 3.73's. Riding on 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, 17" MB V-Drive wheels. 2.5" Rock Krawler max travel lift and Fox Racing shocks.

Proud member of NRA
Life supporter of 2nd Amendment
Blame the person not the tool
traitor08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
CrushJK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor08 View Post
The fn's are nice guns. I have the fnx 45 tactical and the fns 40. Both very nice.
I agree, I have the fnx in 9mm and tan 45. They shoot like nothing else, and I swear that 45 kicks less than the 9mm. It's my favorite gun I got.
CrushJK13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: tampa florida
Posts: 5
on the hitch, there is another post somewhere that talks about some of the hitch have the nuts welded to the hitch they would have to be removed. i just got a jk 10 a, and got the hitch Waldo listed. does not have the nuts fixed to hitch. it came with the nuts and bolts but reused the existing. remove 4 bolts frame to bumper and remove metal plate between frame and bumper, mine the nuts are attached inside bumper, i assume i did this correct.
when i went to remove the metal plate it somehow flipped up inside the bumper so i had to remove the bumper to get the plate out .
tampa nole is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
felix53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 24
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint_Holbrook View Post
I have a factory hitch I removed from my 2013 Rubicon when I installed my High rock rear bumper W/tire carrier. Would make a deal on it.
Cool. How much are you thinking?
__________________
13 JK Rubicon Dune - 6 speed
felix53 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
felix53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 24
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushJK13 View Post
I agree, I have the fnx in 9mm and tan 45. They shoot like nothing else, and I swear that 45 kicks less than the 9mm. It's my favorite gun I got.
Yeah, I was really impressed with them. I was torn between the FN and a Sig P226 and I just liked the way the FN fit my hands. Surprisingly little recoil for a 40 as well. Not like shooting a .22 but still pretty quick to reacquire the target.
__________________
13 JK Rubicon Dune - 6 speed
felix53 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
MTH
Fun Killing Ninja
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post
I don't think any under-seat boxes are compatible with the "lift & tilt" front seats of the 2011 - 2013 2-doors.

There are security boxes for the center console, though.


https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-300-...f-console.aspx

Caution, requires deep pockets!
^Pretty sure this is right, unfortunately.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post
I don't think any under-seat boxes are compatible with the "lift & tilt" front seats of the 2011 - 2013 2-doors.

There are security boxes for the center console, though.


https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-300-...f-console.aspx

Caution, requires deep pockets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
^Pretty sure this is right, unfortunately.
On rethinking - don't the 2013s have "new" seats? Maybe there is something that fits 2013 2-doors??
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
felix53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 24
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post

On rethinking - don't the 2013s have "new" seats? Maybe there is something that fits 2013 2-doors??
Well, I ordered the Tuffy box from amazon. Says it won't fit but I'm thinking that if I relocate the electrical I might convince it otherwise. Worst case, I can send it back and keep looking. Will post my hopeful success story..

__________________
13 JK Rubicon Dune - 6 speed
felix53 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC