New 33x12.5R15 DuraTracs on Black Rock D-Windows! - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #31
MTH
Fun Killing Ninja
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sinister
Very nice!! No clearance issues with the 15" wheel and the brakes?
I'm wanting to do the same setup, 15's and 33's.
Thanks. Nope, perfect fit. Very little room between the calipers and the wheel of course, but it's enough. No rubbing or struggling to get the wheel on.

__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #32
Official WF thread de-railer
 
Mr. Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Posts: 3,702
Thanks. And hey, now I know what the black wheels will look like on my deep water!!

__________________
My battle with Chrysler over getting my Jeep repaired under warranty: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/ins...ml#post3467156
Mr. Sinister is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #33
MTH
Fun Killing Ninja
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sinister
Thanks. And hey, now I know what the black wheels will look like on my deep water!!
You and me and I think Lithium Lotus are just about the only regulars with that color. Looks SWEET with black wheels, IMO. Have you considered bedlining your hinges . . .
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #34
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,853
Don't think I've seen Sin's jeep... Have I?

Agree on blue/black.

Honestly I would like to find a wheel color other then black if I can. I've expressed in the passed I really don't care for black/black.

The TFT guy called me back and asked what color I wanted in that wheel. Thought the 909 only came in black apparently a grey/silver too.

Guy was no help anyways probably did not know what he was talking about

Man--if the MT Sidebiter came in a 15" mineral grey
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #35
MTH
Fun Killing Ninja
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Don't think I've seen Sin's jeep... Have I?

Agree on blue/black.

Honestly I would like to find a wheel color other then black if I can. I've expressed in the passed I really don't care for black/black.

The TFT guy called me back and asked what color I wanted in that wheel. Thought the 909 only came in black apparently a grey/silver too.

Guy was no help anyways probably did not know what he was talking about

Man--if the MT Sidebiter came in a 15" mineral grey
Yeah I must admit I'm not a black wheel/black jeep fan either. Some folks love it and that's cool, but the "murdered out" look usually doesn't work for me.

Which leaves you with chrome, basically. You can find a handful of wheels in the "machined" or "gun metal" finish, but not many really. And if one of your requirements is 15" alloy, the choices are even more limited.

There are also the wheels that are mixed, like the Chaos 5. Have you considered those?

When I was committed to keeping as close to my mountain edition wheels as possible I actually considered getting black wheels and sanding, priming, and painting them with wheel paint on day one.

That just seemed crazy though and I went with black. With all the black accents, I think it works really well with the deep water blue.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #36
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH

Yeah I must admit I'm not a black wheel/black jeep fan either. Some folks love it and that's cool, but the "murdered out" look usually doesn't work for me.

Which leaves you with chrome, basically. You can find a handful of wheels in the "machined" or "gun metal" finish, but not many really. And if one of your requirements is 15" alloy, the choices are even more limited.

There are also the wheels that are mixed, like the Chaos 5. Have you considered those?

When I was committed to keeping as close to my mountain edition wheels as possible I actually considered getting black wheels and sanding, priming, and painting them with wheel paint on day one.

That just seemed crazy though and I went with black. With all the black accents, I think it works really well with the deep water blue.
Could not agree with you more.

I need to look around. This whole 15" alloy wheel thing is new to a lot of us. The benefits are hard to ignore. Sure, it's easy to find a 17 in any brand/color I want.
black was never my choice and will admit most are just plain/basic wheels.
It really is not going to matter to me that much. Don't need a flashy wheel I want one that does its job and looks decent.

After all that was said.... I know darn well I will just call DTD, order "the combo" and be done with it
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #37
ESP
Needs stuff..
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Could not agree with you more.

I need to look around. This whole 15" alloy wheel thing is new to a lot of us. The benefits are hard to ignore. Sure, it's easy to find a 17 in any brand/color I want.
black was never my choice and will admit most are just plain/basic wheels.
It really is not going to matter to me that much. Don't need a flashy wheel I want one that does its job and looks decent.

After all that was said.... I know darn well I will just call DTD, order "the combo" and be done with it
FWIW, the MBs come in a matte flat and a machined black alloy. The matte is black for all intensive purposes but its a dull shade. It is a good combo lol
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #38
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP

FWIW, the MBs come in a matte and polished alloy. The matte is black for all intensive purposes but its a dull shade. It is a good combo lol
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #39
Official WF thread de-railer
 
Mr. Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Posts: 3,702
Mine is on my Jeep profile. Not really much to look at, though. I haven't taken any recent pics, but I'll get a few once I am done lifting it this weekend 1 3/4" to make room for 33's eventually. I stick to mostly forest trails and some mud holes, so rubbing at full compression isn't really a concern for me.
I was looking specifically at the Black Rocks, but the Type 8. From what research I've done, I can do wheels and tires in the 15" size for about the same price as tires alone in 17". So yeah, no real debate there.

I did see the bedlined hinges, and it looks pretty cool. I've been considering bedlining my stock fender flares, but my understanding is the bedliner material won't stick to the plastic the fenders are made out of. I think I will bedline my grille, because that's just badass. Maybe do my step bars and fuel door while I'm at it, for some complimentary accents. They're satin black now, but I think it will all look pretty good together.
__________________
My battle with Chrysler over getting my Jeep repaired under warranty: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/ins...ml#post3467156
Mr. Sinister is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #40
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,853
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2402472790.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	81997  
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
gluestick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 715
+1 to the bedlined grille, especially in your color!

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/bed...er-110377.html
gluestick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
gluestick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
That looks like some big dollars...
gluestick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #43
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluestick

That looks like some big dollars...
$50 more than listed price of the 909
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #44
MTH
Fun Killing Ninja
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sinister
Mine is on my Jeep profile. Not really much to look at, though. I haven't taken any recent pics, but I'll get a few once I am done lifting it this weekend 1 3/4" to make room for 33's eventually. I stick to mostly forest trails and some mud holes, so rubbing at full compression isn't really a concern for me.
I was looking specifically at the Black Rocks, but the Type 8. From what research I've done, I can do wheels and tires in the 15" size for about the same price as tires alone in 17". So yeah, no real debate there.

I did see the bedlined hinges, and it looks pretty cool. I've been considering bedlining my stock fender flares, but my understanding is the bedliner material won't stick to the plastic the fenders are made out of. I think I will bedline my grille, because that's just badass. Maybe do my step bars and fuel door while I'm at it, for some complimentary accents. They're satin black now, but I think it will all look pretty good together.
If I didn't have the grey grille on account of my mountain edition, I would've bedlined my grille awhile back. Love that look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Cheaper: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...il.do?pc=60385

__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #45
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 4,317
Most places can do any powder coat color you can think of. Not sure if you're looking for that.
__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #46
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,853
Lol. That was just a quick google cut&paste.

I think I found my wheel
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #47
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmanvarn
Most places can do any powder coat color you can think of. Not sure if you're looking for that.
Ya that can be pricey I think.

$90 a wheel from what I seen
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #48
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 4,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10

Ya that can be pricey I think.

$90 a wheel from what I seen
Can you really put a price on coolness?
__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #49
ESP
Needs stuff..
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmanvarn View Post
Can you really put a price on coolness?
Yep that's why I share mine with everyone here.
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #50
MTH
Fun Killing Ninja
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,542
I know folks are digging this combo, so I figured I'd add two more pics. Keep in mind this Jeep has about an inch of lift. It's going to be getting about another inch and a half after the holidays.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Warehouse Front Tire.jpg
Views:	3492
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	84297   Click image for larger version

Name:	Warehouse Front Tire 2.jpg
Views:	4012
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	84298  

__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #51
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
I know folks are digging this combo, so I figured I'd add two more pics. Keep in mind this Jeep has about an inch of lift. It's going to be getting about another inch and a half after the holidays.
How I missed this thread till now I have no idea. Drunk off my ass? No, wait...maybe just a simple case of...

Your Jeep looks awesome, MTH! I'm loving the dark blue / black.

And your initial write up was surprising, to say the least. I would've expected the 33's to affect your gearing (and mileage) much more than it seems to have done. Pretty educational.

Can't wait to see it with the extra 1.5" after the holidays. Very nice!
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #52
MTH
Fun Killing Ninja
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
How I missed this thread till now I have no idea. Drunk off my ass? No, wait...maybe just a simple case of...

Your Jeep looks awesome, MTH! I'm loving the dark blue / black.

And your initial write up was surprising, to say the least. I would've expected the 33's to affect your gearing (and mileage) much more than it seems to have done. Pretty educational.

Can't wait to see it with the extra 1.5" after the holidays. Very nice!


And that reminds me that I should mention that the gearing and mileage issues have so far held firm. I have now driven on these tires for 35 mile commutes each way to and from work over the past two weeks. There has been no discernable gas mileage impact from the stock Rubi tires and no discernable gearing problem when starting from a stop.

The only impact has been the ride is more comfortable (more sidewall, and an AT instead of an MT tire), and my speedometer is apparently more accurate. I'm also at slightly lower RPMs on the highway of course as a function of the larger tire diameter, but I handle that by just not upshifting as soon.

My only caveat is I think 35s look better on 4 doors, and will probably go that way eventually. (See kbwwolf's Jeep as an example . . . .) But I was confident I'd have gearing problems with the 3.8 and 3.21s pulling a 4 door on 35s, and I would no doubt have a gas mileage hit. And while 33x12.5 might not look as good as 35s, it's certainly better than the 32x10 Rubi tires.

So overall, I remain very pleased with this set up.

And as a side note, you can all see my bedlined Jeep grille logo in these pics . . .
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #53
A-14

WF Supporting Member
 
1Topp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BarkCamp Ga.
Posts: 1,410
Images: 72
I like the Black Rocks too...........
__________________


A-14 Build
A-14 Profile
A-14 Pics
1Topp is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
RedBones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wv
Posts: 2,688
I like it,they look real good.
__________________
95 YJ
97 TJ
03 TJ
11 JK
RedBones is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
BRADWRANGLER2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canon, Ga.
Posts: 120
I like that color blue and that is a nice lookin jeep you have...
BRADWRANGLER2011 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #56
MTH
Fun Killing Ninja
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,542
I confirmed one of my suspicions this weekend and wanted to share for those that may be considering (or already have) these tires/wheels and haven't accounted for the issue.

The stock tire iron will NOT work with these wheels/tires. The bolts themselves are recessed and the stock tire iron head is too fat to fit, and in any event the tire is so much bulkier and the lugs are set so much deeper than in the stock set up that the fixed angle of stock tire iron won't allow it to approach the nuts straight on. In other words, if I got a flat tire, I wouldn't be able to change it.

So I swapped out the stock tire iron for a jointed breaker bar and a 19mm socket. That works perfectly. Just FYI.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #57
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH
I know folks are digging this combo, so I figured I'd add two more pics. Keep in mind this Jeep has about an inch of lift. It's going to be getting about another inch and a half after the holidays.
Add me to the list

When my friends ask "is your lift ON yet?"
I tell then its "in" the back. Does that count? Lol

Tread lightly discount ends on the 31st
No Goodyear. I'm thinking NO Rush-just wait it out. I know Goodyear will eventually have another rebate.

__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #58
Jeeper
 
ROCNATION09JEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Augusta
Posts: 30
Great post, loved the review. Really post some ?'s in my head to consider for what my next mod. The jeep looks brutal, I love it.
ROCNATION09JEEP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #59
Jeeper
 
gluestick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
I confirmed one of my suspicions this weekend and wanted to share for those that may be considering (or already have) these tires/wheels and haven't accounted for the issue.

The stock tire iron will NOT work with these wheels/tires. The bolts themselves are recessed and the stock tire iron head is too fat to fit, and in any event the tire is so much bulkier and the lugs are set so much deeper than in the stock set up that the fixed angle of stock tire iron won't allow it to approach the nuts straight on. In other words, if I got a flat tire, I wouldn't be able to change it.

So I swapped out the stock tire iron for a jointed breaker bar and a 19mm socket. That works perfectly. Just FYI.
I never even considered this possibility. I plan to go with the MB72's, I wonder if that will be an issue as well...
gluestick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #60
MTH
Fun Killing Ninja
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluestick

I never even considered this possibility. I plan to go with the MB72's, I wonder if that will be an issue as well...
I can't say for certain, but I would be surprised if it's not.

It's not a big deal to remedy--a few bucks at Harbor Freight and you're all set--but ignoring the issue could leave you stranded, and that's a big deal.

__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tinted black soft top windows part number 06GoldenEagle TJ General Discussion Forum 4 05-22-2011 12:48 PM
NJ: Rugged Ridge 13708.35 Soft Top Replacement With Tinted Windows (Black) Wrangler_MD Classifieds Archive 2 05-11-2011 02:23 PM
Black Rock ptk Pictures Forum 1 03-04-2010 01:12 AM
Wheel Upgrade! Black Rock Viper 900's! Blackbeard1718 Tires & Wheels 8 01-21-2010 07:22 PM
Black rock wheels lost General Jeep Discussion 2 09-29-2009 11:54 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC