Hey Jeepers. Love your site here. Well as the title says i'm new. I traded in my 2012 Acura MDX Tech for a 2012 Unlimited Sahara in flame red (soft top) with a long list of options from the factory (no leather seats though).
I'm loving it so far as it's more to my character. I'm going to use this thread as my official build thread too. Before i begin building though I have just a few questions that i couldn't get definitive answers to searching here and other sites.
First of i've added just a few visual touches (the crap)
1. Jeep front triangle bra
2. Jeep interior flame red trim pieces
3. Jeep fuel door
Here goes now:
1. I'm going to do a 2.5 AEV lift kit from Jeep Soft Tops, Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories & Custom Jeep Conversions - FORTEC4x4 - Your Custom Jeep Parts Source for Jeep Lift Kits & Jeep Wrangler Parts
or get it locally from them really. Should I add the bilstein Dual Steering stabilizers as well or is that not needed yet?
2. I'm on the verge of buying WORX beast 18 x 9, +18mm offset rims. can't get back spacing info. Based on that bit of information is that a good size and offset.
3. Relating to question 2. My first tire choice would be 305/70/18 (35") dick cepek fc ii. How much would this tire size stick out from the sides of the fenders? I really don't like the look of it sticking out too much. Flush or a little like 1/2 inch or something close to that is bearable. Do you guys recommend another tire size like say 285/75/18 or some other tire size that would be close to 35" or 35" but not bulge out too much from the fender? 33" with this lift will look too small or odd?
4. If it's not the tire and a matter of the rim size and offset i can always look at other rims. What would be the best combination rim and tire for a 18" wheel to not have it all out of the fenders.
That's it for wheels.
1. Do i need an AEV procal to correct for those wheels or is that something that can be done at the dealership?
2. Any other things i need to look out for with this initial upgrade process?
On my short list of soon to come upgrades:
1. JW Speaker LED headlights
2. JW Speaker LED fogs
The lighting on this vehicle is criminal to say the least!!
3. Upgrade stereo components.
Then get more ideas from here and see how it goes.
I won't build an offroad monster as this is a Daily Driver in Florida and will hardly see trails. But in due time it will be exported to my home country (Saint Lucia) where it will see some lovely time on the island. So i have to keep it somewhere in the middle of on road mannerly and wkend warrior status.
Thanks. Looking fwd to being part of your community.
1BLOOD. Family first.
PS: i'll include pics along the way.