New to Wrangler question - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Breitling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 283
New to Wrangler question

Just put deposit on 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S bright white, not in stock but dealer said it will be here in NJ by the end of next week since it is getting shipped from Detroit. It is just seating on parking lot there ready. Is this information sounds valid to you or it will take longer? Window sticker got printed and I have VIN number. It is my first Wrangler after two Grand Cherokee and I am very excited finally getting one

Breitling is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
BadOleRoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lynchburg VA
Posts: 898
If it is getting shipped from Detroit I assume this Jeep is sitting at another dealership? New Jeeps from the factory come out of Ohio. Coming from Detroit it can easily be there by the end of next week but it all depends on what the hauler has on his schedule and where he drives between points A-Z. I know when I ordered my Jeep from the factory it sat in a lot assembled waiting to be shipped for almost 2 weeks!

__________________
2013 JKU True Blue, 4" Zone Lift, 35x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, ION 171 Black and Machined Wheels
BadOleRoss is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Breitling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadOleRoss View Post
If it is getting shipped from Detroit I assume this Jeep is sitting at another dealership? New Jeeps from the factory come out of Ohio. Coming from Detroit it can easily be there by the end of next week but it all depends on what the hauler has on his schedule and where he drives between points A-Z. I know when I ordered my Jeep from the factory it sat in a lot assembled waiting to be shipped for almost 2 weeks!
Is there any way to find out where is car is by Vin number?
Breitling is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
mike1158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 745
so this is a dealer swap? or it is something the dealer had already inbound? and what dealer is "getting it" for you?
__________________
2013 Sahara 2dr BILLET, auto, hardtop, 430N, heated seats, auto temp., 3.73s, limited slip, tow pack, remote start ORDERED 2/26..Delivered 4/1
mods: Jeep 7 Spoke wheels & General Grabber AT2 275/65-18, WeatherTech liners
mike1158 is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
st1264's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor, ON (near Detroit)
Posts: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling View Post
Is there any way to find out where is car is by Vin number?
Usually, yes. Most dealers have online inventory, google the VIN and you'll most likely find it. You can print the VIN here and one of us geniuses may find it for you...

Wranglers are manufactured in Toledo, OH, about 50 miles away from me.

(Like your handle... love my Breitling Headwind)
__________________
Save ammo for the Zombie invasion!

13' JKU Sport S, Black
st1264 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Breitling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1158 View Post
so this is a dealer swap? or it is something the dealer had already inbound? and what dealer is "getting it" for you?

I don't know much, he said this car is build and seating on parking lot in Detroit. To get it into dealership I need to wait 5-7 buss days. I got window sticker printout.
Breitling is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Breitling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
Usually, yes. Most dealers have online inventory, google the VIN and you'll most likely find it. You can print the VIN here and one of us geniuses may find it for you...

Wranglers are manufactured in Toledo, OH, about 50 miles away from me.

(Like your handle... love my Breitling Headwind)

You are right, I got it in PA ... I guess it is swap and should be done soon. Not sure why he said Detroit? To save time?

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited New Cars for Sale in Easton New Jersey - NJ.com
Breitling is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 8,709
at the bottom of the window sticker it tells what the dealer that the jeep was originally shipped to. It is possible that the wrangler you bought was in the system for your selling dealer already. Hell some sales people probably think all vehicles are made in Detroit.
jadmt is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Breitling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
at the bottom of the window sticker it tells what the dealer that the jeep was originally shipped to. It is possible that the wrangler you bought was in the system for your selling dealer already. Hell some sales people probably think all vehicles are made in Detroit.
Yes seem young man, he was nervous I will go away a lot, I could see it

Breitling is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC