09-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Newbie help, advice and assorted guidance requested.
Hey all. I'm new to the forum. New to JEEPs. never wanted one until they made a four door. Now I can't live without one.
About to purchase my first and need some help. Thanks in advance. Looking for a Sahara, 6SP Manual, in Sahara Tan with matched hard top.
- I am trying to "build my own" 2012 on the JEEP site but can't find the option tool for "roof color" like is there for 2011. How do I figure color-matched top pricing to get an accurate MSRP? They're still showing the matched roofs in all the photos. Am I missing something?
- Dual top vs. Hard Top ? Disadvantages, advantages?
- Factory installed connectivity package? I do NOT want any Sirius or satellite radio service but I want Bluetooth and I'd take the Garmin. Better off modding later or getting the factory stuff?
- How and when in the dealer negotiations do I bring up my Tread Lightly membership?
- I can wait a couple months or buy next week. Should I wait a bit? I've heard the tan ones are going quick. I've also heard that winter drives sales up. But should I wait for any incentives?
- Order one or have them find one somewhere?
- Any advice on where to buy, not to buy near (within 100 mi) of Pittsburgh?
( I am searching the threads and trying to read existing info on these issues as fast as I can. I just thought I'd try to get a jumpstart here.)