Oil Change - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
hig4s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels082 View Post
I drive about 10,000 mile a year. My new Wrangler will get a once a year oil change using Amsoil oil and their own filter which is designed for synthetic oil and longer drain intervals. This has worked great on my 94 Cherokee for over 16 years!
before you do, do a search here. I believe there was an issue with a couple brands of filters not having strong enough back pressure springs and they would let the oil drain totally out of the engine and back into the oil pan over night. This would cause the engine to make ugly noises as it started until the oil got back through the whole engine..

I could be wrong, but I though Amsoil filters were one of the ones with this issue.

__________________

.....____
/l ,[____],
l---L []lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)----)_)
http://honpol.blogspot.com/
08 JK Unlimited, soft top, 6 speed, 3.73 tow package, cruise, limited slip, 265/75-16s
hig4s is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #32
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
I have a new 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The change oil light came on at 2500 mile intervals. This has nothing to do with the need for an oil change. It is simply that the light is calibrated to come on every 2500 miles. To get the oil change light off do the following: 1) Turn the ignition to "on"; 2) Wait until the chimes stop ringing; 3) next, within a 10 second interval, depress the accelerator fully three times; 4) turn the key to off; 5) restart the engine. The change oil light should remain off. You may have to do this more than once.

denintex is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #33
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,116
I have 6250 miles today. Changed oil/filter at 5200. Did the "oil reset" sequence at that time. I have yet to see the "Change Oil" light. Don't even know where it is on the dash.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #34
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jk'n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: First Quadrant in the Land of the Free
Posts: 4,715
The max interval can be set by the dealer. It triggers 500 miles before the oil change. Mine triggers at 5500 miles because that is what I had the dealer set it to so that it agrees with the interval suggested by Chrysler in the owner's manual. Most dealers set the interval to 3000 (trip at 2500) just because they can and it is good business to over-service the jeep.
__________________

Participate in life....Keep movin'....Go there....JK'n it.........Do it! Jeep #1: Red Rock 08 JK Rubicon 4dr, 6 sp manual, Stock Mud Tires, MyGIG Upgrade, Hard Top, after sale BestTop SunRider Soft Top, Congo Cage Rack, Mopar slush mats Jeep #2 Black 08 JK Rubicon 2dr, 6 sp manual, both tops, some chrome...uggg (my wife's jeep) Jeep #3 White 92 YJ (my son's jeep) A great quote from a good friend: "All hail click clack and master jk'n." Click and clack are my idols!
jk'n is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #35
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,079
Not according to the owner's manual.

The engine oil change indicator system is duty-cycle based, which
means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate
dependent upon your personal driving style.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #36
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jk'n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: First Quadrant in the Land of the Free
Posts: 4,715
That is why I used max interval....because the computer can post the change oil early according to whatever formula it uses to calculate. Mine has never triggered early...in 42,000 miles. The dealer however can set the max interval.
__________________

Participate in life....Keep movin'....Go there....JK'n it.........Do it! Jeep #1: Red Rock 08 JK Rubicon 4dr, 6 sp manual, Stock Mud Tires, MyGIG Upgrade, Hard Top, after sale BestTop SunRider Soft Top, Congo Cage Rack, Mopar slush mats Jeep #2 Black 08 JK Rubicon 2dr, 6 sp manual, both tops, some chrome...uggg (my wife's jeep) Jeep #3 White 92 YJ (my son's jeep) A great quote from a good friend: "All hail click clack and master jk'n." Click and clack are my idols!
jk'n is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #37
Newb
 
liberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by denintex View Post
I have a new 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The change oil light came on at 2500 mile intervals. This has nothing to do with the need for an oil change. It is simply that the light is calibrated to come on every 2500 miles. To get the oil change light off do the following: 1) Turn the ignition to "on"; 2) Wait until the chimes stop ringing; 3) next, within a 10 second interval, depress the accelerator fully three times; 4) turn the key to off; 5) restart the engine. The change oil light should remain off. You may have to do this more than once.
Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help me the 'change oil' came on at just over 2500 miles I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain. I was really worried about this having next to no knowledge about cars. I got it changed the next day then I went to the manual to reset it to get rid of the change oil warning. I have now completed this process 5 times and every time I turn on it still says 'oil change'.

Can anyone suggest what I should do?

Thank you in advance
liberty is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #38
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty View Post
Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help me the 'change oil' came on at just over 2500 miles I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain. I was really worried about this having next to no knowledge about cars. I got it changed the next day then I went to the manual to reset it to get rid of the change oil warning. I have now completed this process 5 times and every time I turn on it still says 'oil change'.

Can anyone suggest what I should do?

Thank you in advance
Turn the key until it clicks twice--not just once--before depressing the gas pedal three times. That should do it.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #39
Newb
 
liberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
Turn the key until it clicks twice--not just once--before depressing the gas pedal three times. That should do it.
Will try it now thank you
liberty is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: north platte ne
Posts: 22
My change oil light came on at 3400 miles, my tag in the window from the dealer says change at 5 thousand . I bought mobile 1 full synthic and a mopar filter and changed it when it had 3000 miles on it. I reset the message and it hasn't come on since I know have 3550 miles on it . I think iam going to change it every 5 or 6 from know on . Oh yea I called the dealer and asked about filters and he said use mopar because they have had some paper ones come apart I said ok. I got the impresion the mopar wasn't paper but it is.
timmyatnop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,251
Nothing easier than changing the oil filter on the '12. It's a cartridge on top of the motor. Unscrew the cap, lift it up and drop it in a sandwich bag. Clip on new one, replace o-ring on cap (comes with filter). I wish all my trucks were this easy.
__________________
'14 Anvil JKUR (sold the '12 at 52K miles)
'13 unlimited stripped sport (red one)
'13 JKU sport (blue one)
'10 Unlimited sport (other red one)
'08 Unlimited X (green one)
3JKs1H1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #42
Newb
 
liberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
Turn the key until it clicks twice--not just once--before depressing the gas pedal three times. That should do it.
Thank you so much it did the trick
liberty is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk'n View Post
Owners manual says no need to change break-in oil. Oil changes recommended at every 6K unless certain conditions apply like a lot of off road use for instance. Normal driving every 6K.
That is not what the manual says. It says under no circumstances should the interval be longer than 6k miles. That means that under the best possible conditions you could go 6k miles. Severe service will be considerably less than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels082 View Post
I drive about 10,000 mile a year. My new Wrangler will get a once a year oil change using Amsoil oil and their own filter which is designed for synthetic oil and longer drain intervals. This has worked great on my 94 Cherokee for over 16 years!
Amsoil filters are not designed specifically for synthetic oil. It is nothing more than a relabeled Hastings filter. They are excellent filters, possibly the best you can buy for a reasonable sum of money, but they are not special in any way. Amsoil lists changer intervals at 15k and 25k miles, but as above this is an absolute best case scenario. Under what are normal conditions to all of us I would never suggest going that long. A 10k mile oil change may be OK for the oil, but the filter needs attention before then in normal operation.

One thing that is all too often forgotten about recommended service intervals is that the OEM and oil companies are not concerned with your engine. They have no reason to be. If it gets beyond the warranty term the manufacturer is happy with it and almost anything would get to the 3/36 mark without ever having it's oil changed. The oil companies don't care because it isn't their engine in their pride and joy. They want to sell you oil, and if they have to make outlandish claims to do it they will.
__________________
2012 Silver Sport S, Silver, 6 speed, soft top, 3.73s, LSD, PCG, Infiniti, deep tint windows, Pro Comp 1028 wheels, 33" Duratracs, Smittybilt bumpers and steps, KC fog lights, Mopar slush mats and fuel door.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
oilwell1415 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #44
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jk'n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: First Quadrant in the Land of the Free
Posts: 4,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwell1415 View Post
That is not what the manual says. It says under no circumstances should the interval be longer than 6k miles. That means that under the best possible conditions you could go 6k miles. Severe service will be considerably less than that.
Well, thanks for quoting the exact wording. Now for the reality of ownership. If you would also notice the schedule that is set up and reinforced by all of those "coupons" that are in the maintenance section. They are set up at the 6K interval. The reason they call it a maintenance schedule is because a schedule is something that is followed...which I do...religiously. Now in real ownership...sometimes....when you reach that 6,000 mile interval and you make an appointment, the dealer puts you off and before you know it, you are at 6,500 or 7,000 miles. In that situation, on my next visit, it still gets its appointment at a total mileage evenly divisible by 6,000 and this may get the next change at 5,500 or 5,000. So I average my changes at 6,000 miles. Chrysler would be hard pressed to find me guilty of a warranty violation on that routine. Regardless, new models have now come out with a much longer interval which confirms that the 6,000 interval was actually a conservative interval. My minivan with the same engine and one quart less in the crank case had a service interval of 7,500 recommended. I was surprised that the jeep had a 6,000 interval but have been faithful at keeping regular maintenance as Chrysler has indicated to protect the warranty.

In the end, changing it out early does not protect the value of your jeep. Only your brag rights. It may extend your engine life by 50,000 or even 100,000 miles but who cares once you reach 200,000 to 250,000. When mine needs attention for engine wear, it will get it....provided that I still own it.

The main factor in maintaining the engine for most people is to keep the warranty intact. Mine has a lifetime power train warranty. I'm keeping my warranty intact so when it comes time to replace the engine, Chrysler will know that regular maintenance was done to it. If it didn't have a lifetime warranty, I would replace/rebuild the engine when the time came. When that time comes, the book value of the jeep will be almost worthless anyway so the point is moot.
__________________

Participate in life....Keep movin'....Go there....JK'n it.........Do it! Jeep #1: Red Rock 08 JK Rubicon 4dr, 6 sp manual, Stock Mud Tires, MyGIG Upgrade, Hard Top, after sale BestTop SunRider Soft Top, Congo Cage Rack, Mopar slush mats Jeep #2 Black 08 JK Rubicon 2dr, 6 sp manual, both tops, some chrome...uggg (my wife's jeep) Jeep #3 White 92 YJ (my son's jeep) A great quote from a good friend: "All hail click clack and master jk'n." Click and clack are my idols!
jk'n is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #45
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,916
Gotta PM-here's an easier way to change your oil




Getta Fumoto valve--F-106, but

It could get expensive, ya gotta have an oil pan skidplate-

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #46
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk'n View Post
Well, thanks for quoting the exact wording. Now for the reality of ownership. If you would also notice the schedule that is set up and reinforced by all of those "coupons" that are in the maintenance section. They are set up at the 6K interval. The reason they call it a maintenance schedule is because a schedule is something that is followed...which I do...religiously. Now in real ownership...sometimes....when you reach that 6,000 mile interval and you make an appointment, the dealer puts you off and before you know it, you are at 6,500 or 7,000 miles. In that situation, on my next visit, it still gets its appointment at a total mileage evenly divisible by 6,000 and this may get the next change at 5,500 or 5,000. So I average my changes at 6,000 miles. Chrysler would be hard pressed to find me guilty of a warranty violation on that routine. Regardless, new models have now come out with a much longer interval which confirms that the 6,000 interval was actually a conservative interval. My minivan with the same engine and one quart less in the crank case had a service interval of 7,500 recommended. I was surprised that the jeep had a 6,000 interval but have been faithful at keeping regular maintenance as Chrysler has indicated to protect the warranty.

In the end, changing it out early does not protect the value of your jeep. Only your brag rights. It may extend your engine life by 50,000 or even 100,000 miles but who cares once you reach 200,000 to 250,000. When mine needs attention for engine wear, it will get it....provided that I still own it.

The main factor in maintaining the engine for most people is to keep the warranty intact. Mine has a lifetime power train warranty. I'm keeping my warranty intact so when it comes time to replace the engine, Chrysler will know that regular maintenance was done to it. If it didn't have a lifetime warranty, I would replace/rebuild the engine when the time came. When that time comes, the book value of the jeep will be almost worthless anyway so the point is moot.
Missed this earlier....

Here is the real reality of ownership: Chrysler has two service schedules for your Jeep. One for normal service and one for severe. You fall under severe. The next time you are at the dealership for your oil change ask to see the severe service schedule and have them print it out for you. This is the schedule Chrysler will expect you to have followed and what you will be responsible for if you have a legal problem with warranty coverage in the future. It doesn't matter what the dealer tells you. Your warranty is not with them, it is with Chrysler. If the dealer is telling you that 6k miles is OK they are setting you up for a potential screwing if you ever need to use that powertrain warranty. They also won't be paying any attention to your "average" oil change interval. If you go over one time they will use that against you.
__________________
2012 Silver Sport S, Silver, 6 speed, soft top, 3.73s, LSD, PCG, Infiniti, deep tint windows, Pro Comp 1028 wheels, 33" Duratracs, Smittybilt bumpers and steps, KC fog lights, Mopar slush mats and fuel door.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
oilwell1415 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #47
Really liking the Jeep...

WF Supporting Member
 
strider_mt2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,956
I took care of my oil at 3k, but just got a card from the dealership for my "4000 mile service"
__________________
2012 Unlimited Rubicon - Natural Green
Every Day Driver
strider_mt2k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
RedBones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wv
Posts: 2,689
I changed my oil at 500,1500 and at 3000 with dino oil, the light just came at 3500. I did not reset the reminder at any of those oil changes just to see when it would come on.
__________________
95 YJ
97 TJ
03 TJ
11 JK
RedBones is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calvert county, Southern Maryland
Posts: 569
i figure every 3000 miles and regular oil is a small price to pay for piece of mind.

cass
tcass is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #50
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jk'n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: First Quadrant in the Land of the Free
Posts: 4,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwell1415 View Post
Missed this earlier....

Here is the real reality of ownership: Chrysler has two service schedules for your Jeep. One for normal service and one for severe. You fall under severe. The next time you are at the dealership for your oil change ask to see the severe service schedule and have them print it out for you. This is the schedule Chrysler will expect you to have followed and what you will be responsible for if you have a legal problem with warranty coverage in the future. It doesn't matter what the dealer tells you. Your warranty is not with them, it is with Chrysler. If the dealer is telling you that 6k miles is OK they are setting you up for a potential screwing if you ever need to use that powertrain warranty. They also won't be paying any attention to your "average" oil change interval. If you go over one time they will use that against you.
I would like to know how you know that my jeep falls under severe service. Not even Chrysler will know the answer to that question based on looking at my jeep. Yes, it goes off road occasionally and yes, it tows a trailer once in a while but compared to the mileage that I put on it, those situations are a minor part of the operating experience. That would fall under the normal driving and longer interval. A judge will look at the average interval and not at the 500 mile variation cause by difficulty of getting an appointment at a busy dealer. Chrysler would look very silly in court trying to defend that and losing. They are not in the business of catching their customers up on a very minor point during a long service engine, they are in the business of satisfying customers. I doubt they would sacrifice that type of good will playing that game. Gross negligence on maintaining service schedules is different though. Minor variations don't fall into that category.
__________________

Participate in life....Keep movin'....Go there....JK'n it.........Do it! Jeep #1: Red Rock 08 JK Rubicon 4dr, 6 sp manual, Stock Mud Tires, MyGIG Upgrade, Hard Top, after sale BestTop SunRider Soft Top, Congo Cage Rack, Mopar slush mats Jeep #2 Black 08 JK Rubicon 2dr, 6 sp manual, both tops, some chrome...uggg (my wife's jeep) Jeep #3 White 92 YJ (my son's jeep) A great quote from a good friend: "All hail click clack and master jk'n." Click and clack are my idols!
jk'n is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #51
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,557
This thread has become a crap shoot... Smh
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #52
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 34,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00
This thread has become a crap shoot... Smh
Haha yup

"I thought 6000/8000 was RECOMMENDED" ?

__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #53
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10

Haha yup

"I thought 6000/8000 was RECOMMENDED" ?

I do 5k with regular oil in mine but that ends up about once every 10 months with a old bit of offloading. It needs it.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #54
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 34,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00

I do 5k with regular oil in mine but that ends up about once every 10 months with a old bit of offloading. It needs it.
Usually about 3000 I give it thought... By the time I get my lazy ass to do it, it's more like 4000 ish
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #55
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10

Usually about 3000 I give it thought... By the time I get my lazy ass to do it, it's more like 4000 ish
I dont feel that I need it however I am kinda wanting to swap in a bolt in i6 stroker so if my engine goes no big deal...
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #56
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 34,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00

I dont feel that I need it however I am kinda wanting to swap in a bolt in i6 stroker so if my engine goes no big deal...
Was the plan, on July 14 that all changed
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #57
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10

Was the plan, on July 14 that all changed
Haha lucky. I expect my baby to run a long time. I'm so glad owned her almost a year and a half with 120k miles and she's only been to the garage once for annoil change I did the rest myself. No mechanical problems that weren't my own fault lol. These engines are bullet proof.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #58
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 34,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00

Haha lucky. I expect my baby to run a long time. I'm so glad owned her almost a year and a half with 120k miles and she's only been to the garage once for annoil change I did the rest myself. No mechanical problems that weren't my own fault lol. These engines are bullet proof.
Thats for sure
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #59
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jk'n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: First Quadrant in the Land of the Free
Posts: 4,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 View Post
Haha lucky. I expect my baby to run a long time. I'm so glad owned her almost a year and a half with 120k miles and she's only been to the garage once for annoil change I did the rest myself. No mechanical problems that weren't my own fault lol. These engines are bullet proof.
120K on her? Gulp....fantastic!
__________________

Participate in life....Keep movin'....Go there....JK'n it.........Do it! Jeep #1: Red Rock 08 JK Rubicon 4dr, 6 sp manual, Stock Mud Tires, MyGIG Upgrade, Hard Top, after sale BestTop SunRider Soft Top, Congo Cage Rack, Mopar slush mats Jeep #2 Black 08 JK Rubicon 2dr, 6 sp manual, both tops, some chrome...uggg (my wife's jeep) Jeep #3 White 92 YJ (my son's jeep) A great quote from a good friend: "All hail click clack and master jk'n." Click and clack are my idols!
jk'n is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #60
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk'n

120K on her? Gulp....fantastic!
Yup the i6 is the true messiah engine sorry pentas###

__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil Change Instructions ccain Off-Topic 9 05-31-2011 03:24 PM
oil change issue Hesto TJ Tech Forum 4 02-07-2010 05:20 PM
Change stuck in back of ash tray aadepa TJ General Discussion Forum 2 02-13-2009 10:52 AM
How often do you change your tires? hedonist TJ General Discussion Forum 12 09-02-2008 09:24 PM
Oil Change Thread ? Scooby TJ Tech Forum 11 04-25-2008 03:04 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC