Opinion best budget lift - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
EchoThruMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goshen, NY
Posts: 546
Send a message via Skype™ to EchoThruMe
Opinion best budget lift

I plan on putting a 2" lift on my jeep in the very near future. I was thinking of going teraflex which runs about 130 on quadratech. Does anyone have any other suggestions that still fall under the budget lift category?

__________________
2010 Wrangler Sport

EchoThruMe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Irongrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 2,800
Send a message via AIM to Irongrave
terafelx is a very good one to go with. I'd pop over to JKowners and see if any one is selling the spacers cheep because they upgraded

__________________
4421
Irongrave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
InfernoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newburgh IN
Posts: 11,419
What lift exactly are you looking at for that price?
__________________

Dirty Mudder column covers|

'01 Wrangler Sport, Sienna Pearl Mine
'07 Rubicon 2D, Flame Red His
'11 Wrangler Sport 4D, Black Ours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Not every girl, is a Jeep girl. We're a special breed.
InfernoGirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
roxbury29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Schererville / Indiana
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoThruMe View Post
I plan on putting a 2" lift on my jeep in the very near future. I was thinking of going teraflex which runs about 130 on quadratech. Does anyone have any other suggestions that still fall under the budget lift category?
^^^ I just installed the AEV - 2" coil spacer lift
it worked out nice. How soon are you looking..

I may be upgrading to a bigger lift, I didnt realize how easy it was to install,
I will be selling my AEV 2" coil spacer with suspension brackets very soon

it rasied the front 2" and the back slightly over 1"

but the TF for that price would probably work the same, I just want to change out my springs and shocks now that it is lifted
roxbury29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
B11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 132
roxbury29, I'm installing that same AEV spacer lift next week on my 09 2dr Rubi. Any little tricks I should know about or is it easy peezzy?????

I think AEV makes top notch products. You sometimes pay a little more for their stuff but you get what you pay for......
B11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
EchoThruMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goshen, NY
Posts: 546
Send a message via Skype™ to EchoThruMe
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxbury29 View Post
^^^ I just installed the AEV - 2" coil spacer lift
it worked out nice. How soon are you looking..

I may be upgrading to a bigger lift, I didnt realize how easy it was to install,
I will be selling my AEV 2" coil spacer with suspension brackets very soon

it rasied the front 2" and the back slightly over 1"

but the TF for that price would probably work the same, I just want to change out my springs and shocks now that it is lifted
How much are you looking to get for it when you upgrade. The Teraflex is only 125 new for a 2". Whats the difference between the two?
__________________
2010 Wrangler Sport

EchoThruMe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: LBI area NJ
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxbury29 View Post
^^^ I just installed the AEV - 2" coil spacer lift
it worked out nice. How soon are you looking..

I may be upgrading to a bigger lift, I didnt realize how easy it was to install,
I will be selling my AEV 2" coil spacer with suspension brackets very soon

it rasied the front 2" and the back slightly over 1"

but the TF for that price would probably work the same, I just want to change out my springs and shocks now that it is lifted

Any pics?
RJL1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
roxbury29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Schererville / Indiana
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by B11 View Post
roxbury29, I'm installing that same AEV spacer lift next week on my 09 2dr Rubi. Any little tricks I should know about or is it easy peezzy?????

I think AEV makes top notch products. You sometimes pay a little more for their stuff but you get what you pay for......
I had access to a lift / it was pretty easy to install ( about 90min's to 2hours- tops ) I am very tempted to pickup a set of Bilstein, or Rancho 9000 series shocks just to elliminate using the shock extensions..
I TRUST AEV, they are specific to Jeep's and all their engineers are ex-jeepers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoThruMe View Post
How much are you looking to get for it when you upgrade. The Teraflex is only 125 new for a 2". Whats the difference between the two?
I am not sure what I would sell it for, it is listed at about 259.99 most websites, I got it for $245 online sale a few weeks ago / I will let you know.
The AEV comes with everything you need, at a perfect fit / The AEV is more complete- kinda similar to the TF-performance budget boost -closely priced at or around $259.00 / I still personally trust AEV ( also, my local Jeep dealer is AEV authorized )

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJL1 View Post
Any pics?
I still need to take some nice pictures, this was with my phone- both are lifted photos. So far pretty happy, rides stock no issues
roxbury29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,465
Nice pics, can you take a few from the sides from different heights?
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
roxbury29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Schererville / Indiana
Posts: 907
hi, thanks I will post them soon. I believe it is supposed to be sunny tomorrow, I will take more full side shots. Now I really hate the silver wheels, ugh.. and the bumper needs to be chopped, yours looks good too !!!!
roxbury29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
B11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 132
I'm in the same boat as roxbury29 and I haven't even recieved my AEV spacer lift yet. I'm already thinking I screwed up and should have got the AEV 3.5SC kit instead of the 2in AEV spacer kit.

My buddy is a mechanic and has a lift in his shop at home so i'm covered on the install.
B11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #12
B11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 132
roxbury29 you mentioned not liking your silver wheels, I saw on another site where a guy took his stock wheels like yours and had them powder coated dark gun metal gray. They looked really sharp!!!

I have AEV Pintler Argent Grey wheels coming this week. You should give them a look. I think they would look VERY sharp on your jeep. That dark gray wheel would contrast really well with the color of you JK.

Quadratec: Image Zoom
B11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
roxbury29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Schererville / Indiana
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by B11 View Post
I'm in the same boat as roxbury29 and I haven't even recieved my AEV spacer lift yet. I'm already thinking I screwed up and should have got the AEV 3.5SC kit instead of the 2in AEV spacer kit.

My buddy is a mechanic and has a lift in his shop at home so i'm covered on the install.
I like the look, but I kinda wish I had lifted it more , but thats ok, late this year or early next Spring AEV is coming out with a 2.5" full coil suspension lift, maybe I will just upgrade later, at least I would not be out that much money for the AEV coil lift I just put on..

Having access to the lift will help a LOT!, makes the install very easy
post some pics after the install with your AEV wheels..


Quote:
Originally Posted by B11 View Post
roxbury29 you mentioned not liking your silver wheels, I saw on another site where a guy took his stock wheels like yours and had them powder coated dark gun metal gray. They looked really sharp!!!

I have AEV Pintler Argent Grey wheels coming this week. You should give them a look. I think they would look VERY sharp on your jeep. That dark gray wheel would contrast really well with the color of you JK.

Quadratec: Image Zoom
These are nice wheels! - I just took this picture at my local jeep dealer- had 35's on it.. AEV lift
I checked on powder coating, but cost as much as new wheels(almost)
roxbury29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
EchoThruMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goshen, NY
Posts: 546
Send a message via Skype™ to EchoThruMe
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxbury29 View Post
I had access to a lift / it was pretty easy to install ( about 90min's to 2hours- tops ) I am very tempted to pickup a set of Bilstein, or Rancho 9000 series shocks just to elliminate using the shock extensions..
I TRUST AEV, they are specific to Jeep's and all their engineers are ex-jeepers..



I am not sure what I would sell it for, it is listed at about 259.99 most websites, I got it for $245 online sale a few weeks ago / I will let you know.
The AEV comes with everything you need, at a perfect fit / The AEV is more complete- kinda similar to the TF-performance budget boost -closely priced at or around $259.00 / I still personally trust AEV ( also, my local Jeep dealer is AEV authorized )



I still need to take some nice pictures, this was with my phone- both are lifted photos. So far pretty happy, rides stock no issues
I really like your whited out blinkers and signal lights. Where did you pick them up?
__________________
2010 Wrangler Sport

EchoThruMe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
roxbury29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Schererville / Indiana
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoThruMe View Post
I really like your whited out blinkers and signal lights. Where did you pick them up?
Thanks, 4wd.com about $ 45-50 total for the set of 4

- MFG- Crown
PART$ CROJK-CR4

Turn signals easy,easy to change. side markers are a little tricky, but still not that difficult ( you just need to push out a few of the connectors that hold the inner and outer fender flare - instructions are on another website- gorecon ) I can email you the pdf..
roxbury29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #16
B11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 132
roxbury29, it just so happens my 09 Rubi is black except mine is a 2dr not a 4dr
B11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
roxbury29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Schererville / Indiana
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by B11 View Post
roxbury29, it just so happens my 09 Rubi is black except mine is a 2dr not a 4dr
Cool! you will like the AEV2" lift...
roxbury29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
roxbury29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Schererville / Indiana
Posts: 907
Here is another before and after.. / next change will either be new shocks,and a
1"Bodylift, unless the upcoming AEV 2.5" lift is nice..

roxbury29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lift opinion GriffsTJ TJ General Discussion Forum 13 07-19-2011 08:50 PM
2" skyjacker budget boost Lift romeoz JK General Discussion Forum 10 07-01-2011 08:47 AM
Budget boost or body lift? TombRaider TJ General Discussion Forum 4 08-10-2010 08:16 PM
2-3 inch budget lift options for a daily driver sublimemaze TJ General Discussion Forum 6 09-02-2009 10:00 PM
budget boost lift bolts jeepfreak TJ General Discussion Forum 3 04-15-2006 11:52 AM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC