Opinions on my proposed Jeep theme - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 413
Opinions on my proposed Jeep theme

I saw this picture awhile back and have been tossing the idea around of making mine look like this, I would mainly try to duplicate the decals used on the hood and maybe purchase a set of Pintlers and have them powder coated bronze or matte gold, I might also purchase the gas door and have that painted to match to kinda tie things together.

The biggest difference would be that my Jeep is an Unlimited and obviously when the "Renegade" was built there was no such thing. Also the hood used in the below pic looks like the AEV hood but I would probably just use the stock flat hood, in your opinion would that still work? and I have the non painted fenders so would I have to locate a set of painted black fenders or would I be okay with the matte black fenders?

Lastly by me doing this recreation would it be in anyway an insult to the original or would it be excepted just like all the other personal theme's that are designed ?

Here is a pic of what I would try to do


__________________
Custom Paracord Grab Handles and Straps

Visit my Thread for more details and pictures

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/cus...ps-222183.html
Creepin__Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,048
I like it; kinda old school...but I like the AEV hood, too.

If the Renegade theme DID insult anybody, that would be their problem, IMO.

__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 5,015
gas cap is on the wrong side lol.
jadmt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Garyjk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 82
I think that would be a great build! Totally custom and unique, yet fairly conservative, not too far over the top. I say go for it, mostly because I really want to see a real pic!
__________________
2013 Rock Lobster JKU Sport STinted Windows
Quadratec Liners
Big plans & dreams
Garyjk1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
County98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 529
I like it. Would love to see the pics when you're done!
__________________
Cheers!
-USAF Retired

2013 CG Rubi, AEV Hood, AEV 2.5", ACE Sliders, Method Wheels, Rockhard Skid, Teraflex Hinge
County98 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Cosmic Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,486
Yikes, the thought of paying that much for Pintlers and then painting them gold makes me cringe, but if you're cool with that, I say go for it!!! I like the retro look.
__________________
2012 Winter Chill Arctic Edition JK
Cosmic Charlie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin__Jeeper View Post
I saw this picture awhile back and have been tossing the idea around of making mine look like this, I would mainly try to duplicate the decals used on the hood and maybe purchase a set of Pintlers and have them powder coated bronze or matte gold, I might also purchase the gas door and have that painted to match to kinda tie things together.

The biggest difference would be that my Jeep is an Unlimited and obviously when the "Renegade" was built there was no such thing. Also the hood used in the below pic looks like the AEV hood but I would probably just use the stock flat hood, in your opinion would that still work? and I have the non painted fenders so would I have to locate a set of painted black fenders or would I be okay with the matte black fenders?

Lastly by me doing this recreation would it be in anyway an insult to the original or would it be excepted just like all the other personal theme's that are designed ?

Here is a pic of what I would try to do

It's a cool looking ride. And why do you care about "insulting the original?" It's your Jeep and your theme. Who are you building it for, you or the public? Do ya think if I had a 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible I wouldn't drive it because there's only one or two in existence and they're worth more than $1,000,000? Damned right, I'd drive it; EVERY DAY. Do you think I'd care what some purist's/collector's opinion is because it's losing value with every mile I put on it?

I say, "BUILD IT AND ENJOY IT!"

It's your vehicle, and nobody has the right to tell you what to do with YOUR vehicle. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 413
Well thanks for all the positive input I contacted AEV and spoke to them and come to find out the drawing was done by an artist for Mopar and a very good friend of the guy that I talked with, He even said he had dinner with him last week...

The Renegade Jeep was built by Mopar back in 2011 but for whatever reason was scrapped and never put into production which is the reality for most concepts.

I guess if I went forward with this it really wouldnt be an original other then it being an Unlimited rather then a 2 door. I added up the cost to built this Jeep and went over $6K in no time, with that said if I can move forward on this build it wont be for some time because I would hate to not have enough to build it all at once and then I'm driving around a half complete custom edition... Oh wait I already am LOL

Anyway this might become a reality but I might end up going a different direction all together. For those who might want to see what the actual Jeep Renegade JK looks like here it is:

__________________
Custom Paracord Grab Handles and Straps

Visit my Thread for more details and pictures

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/cus...ps-222183.html
Creepin__Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
JeeperJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,649
Nice looking rig by any comparison!!
__________________
get in--buckle up--hang on
"soothing agricultural implement/personal servant/Walter Mitty multidimensional access utility device conveniently travels on pavement when necessary and often keeps me warm/cool/dry/soothed as needed."
JeeperJake is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
my jeep needs a lot...

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
tabber02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: left coast, florida
Posts: 9,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist View Post
It's a cool looking ride. And why do you care about "insulting the original?" It's your Jeep and your theme. Who are you building it for, you or the public? Do ya think if I had a 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible I wouldn't drive it because there's only one or two in existence and they're worth more than $1,000,000? Damned right, I'd drive it; EVERY DAY. Do you think I'd care what some purist's/collector's opinion is because it's losing value with every mile I put on it?

I say, "BUILD IT AND ENJOY IT!"

It's your vehicle, and nobody has the right to tell you what to do with YOUR vehicle. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
well said! and OP, i'm also looking forward to your finished product. going to look pretty sweet i'd say!
__________________

-bob

2010 JK - Mountain Edition
i spend way too much money on it... that's all


Become a Supporting Member of the Wrangler Forum, upgrade your account today



tabber02 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
CaneJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 197
That is pretty sweet!
But like many others have posted, it is your jeep and do what you want! That is one of the things I love about my Jeep, I can mod it how I like!!!

Good luck!
CaneJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
KittyPrawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 2,048
Images: 2
if you go with the stock hood, I would definitely make sure the Renegade sticker will be long enough to read Renegade on the sides. In that JK photo, it just looks kind of silly how high up it is, but it looks like it is as low as it can go based on the hood the choose. But, I also don't know how well that will work with the hoot latch location. If you're any good at free hand drawing, I would definitely suggest planning that part out before ordering one.

I think the fenders are going to depend on if you are changing the bumper. If you keep the stock bumper, you can probably go either way with the fenders. If you change the fender, you may end up feeling that the fenders just don't go with it. I would probably consider the fenders as one of the last pieces of my project.
__________________
Deb
2013 True Blue JKU Rubicon Goodbye Pontiac!
I drive a 4 door. There is more space for bacon inside.
KittyPrawn is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #13
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jdambm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. louis, Mo
Posts: 870
Images: 6
Send a message via Yahoo to jdambm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin__Jeeper View Post
Well thanks for all the positive input I contacted AEV and spoke to them and come to find out the drawing was done by an artist for Mopar and a very good friend of the guy that I talked with, He even said he had dinner with him last week...

The Renegade Jeep was built by Mopar back in 2011 but for whatever reason was scrapped and never put into production which is the reality for most concepts.

I guess if I went forward with this it really wouldnt be an original other then it being an Unlimited rather then a 2 door. I added up the cost to built this Jeep and went over $6K in no time, with that said if I can move forward on this build it wont be for some time because I would hate to not have enough to build it all at once and then I'm driving around a half complete custom
edition... Oh wait I already am LOL


Anyway this might become a reality but I might end up going a different direction all together. For those who might want to see what the actual Jeep Renegade JK looks like here it is:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that this thing tagged close to $80K when complete due to the 6.4 hemi under the hood. Hell of a nice looking jeep though IMO.
jdambm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
NukeJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mandeville, Louisiana
Posts: 73
I found that pic when I was deciding what to order for my jeep 16 months ago. All I knew was that I wanted the half doors, which required ordering it. I stared at the pics daily while I waited for my jeep to arrive. It's just *too* cool. I ended up making mine a little more retro but I still love looking at the Renegade (and wondering if I should have modded it in that direction....)
__________________
Finally: 2012 Black and Chrome 2 Door Sport Soft top 1/2 Doors 6 Speed Manual
"I actually like being part of a community (and would have kept a stock jeep) but hate being part of a bunch of identical individuals (and therefore have to modify my jeep)."
NukeJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Irongrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 2,800
Send a message via AIM to Irongrave
if you going to do a renegade it really needs the 70s body stripe IMO
__________________
4421
Irongrave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
kappaknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,276
LOL. Alllllllllll the way back in 2011.
__________________
Support a Great Cause with our Jeep Emergency Response Team tee!

2013 Commando Green JKUR
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO
-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
kappaknight is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
joeuncool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 413
Found the original photo because it was driving me nuts to see what the badging was right behind the front wheel.

6.4L Hemi

And they shot this idea down...
__________________
I drive a JKUR. Everywhere I look I see places I want to drive up, over, or through.
joeuncool is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
joeuncool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 413
Ok, now that I am looking past the Renegade in the photo, what is the Jeep that is reflected in the paint?
__________________
I drive a JKUR. Everywhere I look I see places I want to drive up, over, or through.
joeuncool is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
joeuncool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 413
Found it. It is the Pork Chop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep-wrangler-pork-chop-concept-front-view-1024x638.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	198902  
__________________
I drive a JKUR. Everywhere I look I see places I want to drive up, over, or through.
joeuncool is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Irongrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 2,800
Send a message via AIM to Irongrave
This was the rig next to it


The group AEV and mopar built in 2011
Six Jeep models get the Mopar Makeover for 2011 Safari in Moab
__________________
4421
Irongrave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
my jeep needs a lot...

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
tabber02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: left coast, florida
Posts: 9,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irongrave View Post
This was the rig next to it


The group AEV and mopar built in 2011
Six Jeep models get the Mopar Makeover for 2011 Safari in Moab
eh... not blown away by this one.. i do like the renegade throwback idea
__________________

-bob

2010 JK - Mountain Edition
i spend way too much money on it... that's all


Become a Supporting Member of the Wrangler Forum, upgrade your account today



tabber02 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #22
CCK
Jeeper
 
CCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irongrave View Post
This was the rig next to it


The group AEV and mopar built in 2011
Six Jeep models get the Mopar Makeover for 2011 Safari in Moab
Me Rikey! Especially the front "bumper"

CCK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC