I'm considering a 2012 or 2013 2 door JK Sahara. My wife and I are full time retired RV travelers, and we would tow the JK behind our Diesel Pusher motorhome. (now towing a silver 2005 Subaru WRX wagon)
Tow cars (and Jeeps) behind motorhomes get lots of road grime on them, REALLY bad when roads are wet. Many campgrounds don't let you wash vehicles, so it's off to look for car washes when it looks bad.
So with that background, we want a color that does the best job of masking road grime. I'm thinking Silver, winter chill (if they release the color without the Yeti package), and white would be best, probably in that order? Also might help with any minor scratches not showing as bad.
In the long run, creams/yellows/whites probably will hide damage best, but I can't imagine that the greens/tans would be a bad choice either. but thats just my personal opinion. i remember after the last jeep run i was on, the darker colors certainly looked really good covered in mud. I also couldnt help but notice the lack of mud on mine. probably the wussy tires I had, but might of also been the fresh coat of wax. food for thought
I don't have any experience with these products but it may be good to protect from scratches. Maybe others will know better.
The Tint Masters
CPFilms' new urethane automotive paint protection film is now available and is CLEARLY the best by all the following standards: optical clarity, adhesive shear strength, surface gloss, level of "orange peel," elasticity, removability, liner release, computer cutting stability, and 5 year product warranty.
Benefits of our paint protection film
· Helps preserve the value of your investment (helpful at trade-in)
· Maintains your vehicle's showroom look for years
· Lessens the amount of damage to your vehicle paint
· Transparent urethane film looks better and protects better than traditional black vinyl bras and plastic bug shields
· Reduces need for touchups and costly repainting
· Can be applied to any painted area
· Nothing gets under the film because it adheres directly to the paint
· Exclusive, long-lasting, lustrous clear coat allows you to buff scratches from the film
__________________ 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
It's DEFINITELY a JEEP THING and NOW, I UNDERSTAND !