Paramount Restyling??? - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #61
Jeeper
 
bengen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis County
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currey View Post

No chance those shackles come with the bumper is there??
Yup they do...I added the red daystar rubber isolators on though

bengen1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #62
Jeeper
 
Currey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengen1 View Post

Yup they do...I added the red daystar rubber isolators on though
No kidding? Cool!

Currey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #63
Jeeper
 
bengen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis County
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currey View Post

No kidding? Cool!
Most if not all their fronts do as well...if they show them in the pic then they should come with them as well.
bengen1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #64
Jeeper
 
Currey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 107
Bumpers and winch ordered!
Currey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #65
Jeeper
 
Currey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 107


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4158026617.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	242943
Currey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #66
Jeeper
 
gr8fulKID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currey View Post
Nice looking currey. If you haven't installed them yet, I would throw a coat or two of any kind of bedliner on them. They will start to rust and chip if you don't. Also, grab a grease gun to keep that pivot point lubricated every so often.

And always good to see a fellow head on the forums!
gr8fulKID is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #67
Jeeper
 
Currey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fulKID View Post

Nice looking currey. If you haven't installed them yet, I would throw a coat or two of any kind of bedliner on them. They will start to rust and chip if you don't. Also, grab a grease gun to keep that pivot point lubricated every so often.

And always good to see a fellow head on the forums!
Thanks brother. If I can hold out long enough from putting them on I will coat them.

For some reason, everything came with mounting bolts except the front bumper.... Weird.

And yes, glad to see another Jerry's kid on here!!!
Currey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #68
Jeeper
 
bvanfossen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currey View Post

From looking at the pics, the bumper is mid width correct? How much does the front weigh?

I wonder how it would look with flat fenders... Hmm
bvanfossen is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #69
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington County, Pa.
Posts: 153
I Ordered mine with the LED front bumper lights from jeepaddons.com last week . Chris is the guy I dealt with, Phone # 1-800-388-8637 x 1884. The price Delivered to the door thru Fedex-Ground was $ 769.00 .

Couple of things about the Bumpers is:
1.) Purchasing from jeepaddons.com will give you a 3 year warranty.
2.) Items were delivered to me before the date that it was to be shipped (Fantastic, Thanks, Chris, How did you do that ???).
3.) The packaging was slightly opened and the rear bumper points at rear quarter panels were slightly damaged, very possibly due to Fedex shipping.
4.) The bumper on the rear is to close of an exact fit for me, when you connect the receiver hitch I needed to add another spacer to Not appear to rub against the Jeep body. ( Maybe just me ?)
5.) Rear bumper appeared to have a Grease-Zerk fitting on the Pivot point of the tire carrier, WHICH IT DOES NOT. I corrected it on mine by drilling the pivot post on a 45* angle from the outside center of the post to the inside center of the post and then starting a grease zerk in the screw hole and filling with grease.
6.) I was kind of disappointed as to having to remove the factory receiver hitch on my Sahara which has the trailer tongue chains connection ( which is Required in PA ) and now needing to install an accessory to provide for the hooks for the trailer chains.
7.) The tailgate Rubber Bumpers do not line up with the tire carrier rack, of which there will be some adaption by me here.
8.) There is an adapter that will need to be installed for the 3rd brake light that is Required in all 50 States.
9.) Being that the Front bumper on the bumpers that I ordered has LED lighting you would of thought that they would of installed rear bumper Reverse LED Lights that I will be installing on mine.
10.) I will be installing the Rubber Bumpers from the front hood of the Jeep at 3 points to stub up the spare tire to stop any vibration of the spare against the tire carrier rack.
11.) Last but Not Least , you will need 2 people to install the rear bumper, due to the weight and awkwardness of the bumper.
Now to the Front Bumper and LED Lights.
12.) The Front bumper was a lot easier to install in my opinion than the rear due to less weight and easier access to grab it to position it.
13.) The worst part of the front bumper change out was accessing the bolts of removing the old front bumper and skirting.
14.) The WORST part of the New Front bumper install is the LED Lighting of which they provided very little info on the Proper Wiring of the lights. ( I haven't gotten mine connected yet due to the weather here in PA the last couple of days ).
15.) All 4 "D" Tow Rings were shipped with bumpers.
Well that is a LONG LIST of a couple of things that I have come across in the last couple of days of having this bumper kit. In General I would say with a little Extra Fab work this is a very good bumper kit for the price. Well Satisfied at this time.

If anybody has done the LED wiring for the DRL Lighting ( daytime running lights ) I am still trying to figure it out.
Tagg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #70
Jeeper
 
bvanfossen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagg View Post
8.) There is an adapter that will need to be installed for the 3rd brake light that is Required in all 50 States.
Good tip about Chris.

The 3rd tail light is not required by law, in the states I've lived in anyhow
bvanfossen is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #71
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington County, Pa.
Posts: 153
There is a number of posts on here and according to Pa. State Police , it is required in Pa. As for if they would write it is another ?. I will be installing a triple LED light, 2 Reds and 1 White to kinda match the rear tail lights within the next few days. Will probably post pics.
Tagg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #72
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington County, Pa.
Posts: 153
Paramount Restyling is located in Ontario, Ca.

website: Paramount Restyling Official Website

Phone # 1-866-988-8348
Tagg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #73
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 5,192
3rd brake light is a fed requirement.
I've had my bumper on for about 5 months and haven't needed to regrease it. For the trailer chains I drilled two half inch holes in the bumper where they should have been. Problem solved
__________________



LeeIndy's Build Thread
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #74
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington County, Pa.
Posts: 153
I was thinking about drilling the bumper for the trailer chains also. Is there a chance that you have the lighted front bumper and have it lit up ? Thanks.
Tagg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #75
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 5,192
nope. different brand up front
__________________



LeeIndy's Build Thread
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #76
Jeeper
 
Moose5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 547
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagg View Post
I Ordered mine with the LED front bumper lights from jeepaddons.com last week . Chris is the guy I dealt with, Phone # 1-800-388-8637 x 1884. The price Delivered to the door thru Fedex-Ground was $ 769.00 .

Couple of things about the Bumpers is:
1.) Purchasing from jeepaddons.com will give you a 3 year warranty.
2.) Items were delivered to me before the date that it was to be shipped (Fantastic, Thanks, Chris, How did you do that ???).
3.) The packaging was slightly opened and the rear bumper points at rear quarter panels were slightly damaged, very possibly due to Fedex shipping.
4.) The bumper on the rear is to close of an exact fit for me, when you connect the receiver hitch I needed to add another spacer to Not appear to rub against the Jeep body. ( Maybe just me ?)
5.) Rear bumper appeared to have a Grease-Zerk fitting on the Pivot point of the tire carrier, WHICH IT DOES NOT. I corrected it on mine by drilling the pivot post on a 45* angle from the outside center of the post to the inside center of the post and then starting a grease zerk in the screw hole and filling with grease.
6.) I was kind of disappointed as to having to remove the factory receiver hitch on my Sahara which has the trailer tongue chains connection ( which is Required in PA ) and now needing to install an accessory to provide for the hooks for the trailer chains.
7.) The tailgate Rubber Bumpers do not line up with the tire carrier rack, of which there will be some adaption by me here.
8.) There is an adapter that will need to be installed for the 3rd brake light that is Required in all 50 States.
9.) Being that the Front bumper on the bumpers that I ordered has LED lighting you would of thought that they would of installed rear bumper Reverse LED Lights that I will be installing on mine.
10.) I will be installing the Rubber Bumpers from the front hood of the Jeep at 3 points to stub up the spare tire to stop any vibration of the spare against the tire carrier rack.
11.) Last but Not Least , you will need 2 people to install the rear bumper, due to the weight and awkwardness of the bumper.
Now to the Front Bumper and LED Lights.
12.) The Front bumper was a lot easier to install in my opinion than the rear due to less weight and easier access to grab it to position it.
13.) The worst part of the front bumper change out was accessing the bolts of removing the old front bumper and skirting.
14.) The WORST part of the New Front bumper install is the LED Lighting of which they provided very little info on the Proper Wiring of the lights. ( I haven't gotten mine connected yet due to the weather here in PA the last couple of days ).
15.) All 4 "D" Tow Rings were shipped with bumpers.
Well that is a LONG LIST of a couple of things that I have come across in the last couple of days of having this bumper kit. In General I would say with a little Extra Fab work this is a very good bumper kit for the price. Well Satisfied at this time.

If anybody has done the LED wiring for the DRL Lighting ( daytime running lights ) I am still trying to figure it out.
To use the led wiring as DRL you can either buy a toggle or connect them with the parking lights. If you look up "oracle halo wrangler install" the guy shows how to connect halo lights. Different light but same technique im guessing
__________________
BLACK 2009 SAHARA JKU

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
Moose5 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #77
Jeeper
 
bvanfossen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 266
Does anyone have the front bumper and flat fenders? If so post a pic
bvanfossen is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #78
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington County, Pa.
Posts: 153
Ok, here's an Update as to some of the remarks that I listed above. I just talked to the Paramount Restyling factory tech about some of the points that I listed and questioned.
The Reason for:
1.) Rear bumper does Not have trailer chain hook connections and also no place for the wiring of a trailer connection is that these bumpers are NOT RATED for Towing ONLY for trail accessing for recovery. No liability for any type of Trailer towing.
2.) Rubber bumper to tire carrier from tailgate is Not Needed.
3.) Support rubbers Not Needed between spare tire and tire carrier rack.
4.) Front bumper LED Lights can Only be used as Fog lights and NOT DRL's due to the fact that Wranglers do Not have a DRL (daytime running light system).

Tech Support seemed to be GREAT at Paramount for the questions I had.
Would Recommend this Product and jeepaddons.com Chris as a place to purchase this product. Part #'s 510315 Rear/ 510308L Front Bumpers.
Tagg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #79
Jeeper
 
mrbullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Saint Cloud, Florida
Posts: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagg View Post
Ok, here's an Update as to some of the remarks that I listed above. I just talked to the Paramount Restyling factory tech about some of the points that I listed and questioned.
The Reason for:
1.) Rear bumper does Not have trailer chain hook connections and also no place for the wiring of a trailer connection is that these bumpers are NOT RATED for Towing ONLY for trail accessing for recovery. No liability for any type of Trailer towing.
2.) Rubber bumper to tire carrier from tailgate is Not Needed.
3.) Support rubbers Not Needed between spare tire and tire carrier rack.
4.) Front bumper LED Lights can Only be used as Fog lights and NOT DRL's due to the fact that Wranglers do Not have a DRL (daytime running light system).

Tech Support seemed to be GREAT at Paramount for the questions I had.
Would Recommend this Product and jeepaddons.com Chris as a place to purchase this product. Part #'s 510315 Rear/ 510308L Front Bumpers.
4: yes, they can have this. With an AEV procal you can set up day time running lights.
__________________
* * * Love My Jeep * * *


"So Much to Do, So Little money"
- Me
mrbullitt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #80
Jeeper
 
Currey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 107
Spent the evening installing the xrc style bumpers (front, rear, and tire carrier) and xrc8 comp series winch. Pics coming tomorrow.
Currey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #81
Jeeper
 
Currey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanfossen View Post

From looking at the pics, the bumper is mid width correct? How much does the front weigh?

I wonder how it would look with flat fenders... Hmm
It is midwidth, and if I had to guess it prob weighs 50-60 lbs. without the winch. Here's so e pics....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2629055279.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	245039
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-666430993.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	245038  
Currey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #82
Jeeper
 
mrbullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Saint Cloud, Florida
Posts: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currey View Post

It is midwidth, and if I had to guess it prob weighs 50-60 lbs. without the winch. Here's so e pics....
Looks great!!
__________________
* * * Love My Jeep * * *


"So Much to Do, So Little money"
- Me
mrbullitt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #83
Jeeper
 
Currey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbullitt View Post

Looks great!!
Thanks!
Currey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #84
Jeeper
 
Currey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 107
Think the rear tire needs to come down a little bullit?
Currey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #85
Jeeper
 
Riccochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Somewhere around Charlotte
Posts: 690
Just ordered my set from JeepAddons. Awesome people over there.
__________________
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Riccochet is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #86
Jeeper
 
Currey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
Just ordered my set from JeepAddons. Awesome people over there.
What set did you order?
Currey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #87
Jeeper
 
Riccochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Somewhere around Charlotte
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currey View Post
What set did you order?
Same ones from post 18 in this thread
__________________
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Riccochet is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #88
Jeeper
 
Currey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post

Same ones from post 18 in this thread
I like them! Pairing that front with a winch?
Currey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #89
Jeeper
 
Riccochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Somewhere around Charlotte
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currey View Post
I like them! Pairing that front with a winch?
But of course! (grey poupon accent) ... Probably a Warn VR10000.
__________________
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Riccochet is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #90
Jeeper
 
Currey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post

But of course! (grey poupon accent) ... Probably a Warn VR10000.
Very nice!

Currey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC