Performance ? - 35's vs 34's - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,464
No matter how you look at this, you are splitting hairs on the tire size. You've got plenty of suds with the 3.6 and 4.10's, pick the tire you like best and go have fun.

i82much is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #32
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 View Post

I would like to see pictures of your measurements, since you claim them to be 1 inch difference installed under the weight of the vehicle. Experience tells me otherwise.
His "pictures" would just be of the math he did with a pen and paper.

I'm not here to prove anything to you Jammer.

paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
Jammers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse
His "pictures" would just be of the math he did with a pen and paper.

I'm not here to prove anything to you Jammer.
You have provided the op as much help as I got from this forum when I asked. Good thing there are other forums. Do your research. Don't rely on one source. Go talk to some tire people.
Jammers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #34
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
You have provided the op as much help as I got from this forum when I asked. Good thing there are other forums. Do your research. Don't rely on one source. Go talk to some tire people.
Is that some kind of joke? How about I just continue to spend every weekend hanging out with other Jeepers instead?

Don't let the door hit ya. Wait, on second thought...

OP> Once again, if you have the tire clearance, get the 315 Duratracs and never look back. The difference in engine performance between them and the 285 Toyos will be nil.
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
bfschor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse
Is that some kind of joke? How about I just continue to spend every weekend hanging out with other Jeepers instead?

Don't let the door hit ya. Wait, on second thought...

OP> Once again, if you have the tire clearance, get the 315 Duratracs and never look back. The difference in engine performance between them and the 285 Toyos will be nil.
I'll be having a 2.5" lift installed at the same time. The factory Rubi tires will look to small after the lift, that's why I'm asking about tires.
I appreciate everyone's comments....and now think I'm gonna go with the 35's. since the 285/75's are rare birds, the cost is really close to a 35" tire - like the Duratracs. I like the 35" Duratracs because of their weight....,again...I want max power/mileage I can possible get with doing a lift and bigger tires (without modding the engine or gears).
bfschor is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #36
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfschor View Post

I'll be having a 2.5" lift installed at the same time. The factory Rubi tires will look to small after the lift, that's why I'm asking about tires.
I appreciate everyone's comments....and now think I'm gonna go with the 35's. since the 285/75's are rare birds, the cost is really close to a 35" tire - like the Duratracs. I like the 35" Duratracs because of their weight....,again...I want max power/mileage I can possible get with doing a lift and bigger tires (without modding the engine or gears).
Great choice, especially with a 2.5" lift. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

What lift are you getting?
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: METROWEST/BOSTON
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse View Post
Again, your measurement (a near 1" difference) is way off. In reality, once the tires are installed and run at roughly the same pressure, the difference between the 70 and 75 versions becomes much smaller (closer to 0.2").
Question - will the 315/70/17 Duratracs fit on 2013 stock Rubicon rims with a 2.5 inch lift? I want to keep stock rims and willing to add backspacers if its possible????
__________________
1982 CJ7 RED - sold
1984 CJ7 LT BLUE - sold
1998 Grand Cherokee LTD BLACK - sold
2001 Grand Cherokee LTD SILVER - sold
2001 BMW 4.4 X5 SILVER - sold
2013 JKUR 10A ANVIL - coming soon - arrived APRIL 25, 2013
bodog20 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #38
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodog20

Question - will the 315/70/17 Duratracs fit on 2013 stock Rubicon rims with a 2.5 inch lift? I want to keep stock rims and willing to add backspacers if its possible????
Yes, but only if you add wheel spacers.

Stick with a high quality brand, spidertrax is a good bet.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: METROWEST/BOSTON
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
Yes, but only if you add wheel spacers.

Stick with a high quality brand, spidertrax is a good bet.
Thanks MTH...any advice on what size wheel spacer?
__________________
1982 CJ7 RED - sold
1984 CJ7 LT BLUE - sold
1998 Grand Cherokee LTD BLACK - sold
2001 Grand Cherokee LTD SILVER - sold
2001 BMW 4.4 X5 SILVER - sold
2013 JKUR 10A ANVIL - coming soon - arrived APRIL 25, 2013
bodog20 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #40
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodog20

Thanks MTH...any advice on what size wheel spacer?
These are the industry standard. You need two pairs.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92807_00XX_A_PG.htm

Check the torque at each tire rotation.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
bfschor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse
Great choice, especially with a 2.5" lift. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

What lift are you getting?
I'm going for AEV. It's been a toss up between AEV and RK's 2.5 Max Travel for about 3 months now. What put AEV over RK for me was the on-road handling AEV is noted for (i drive a lot of blacktop miles) and the fact that AEV uses progressive springs front and rear. I don't get into the rocks (only mud), so suspension travel isn't a factor. I don't believe anyone can go wrong with either lift.
bfschor is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
Ruby Tuesday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by tontwins View Post
The dura trac is a great mall crawler tire it's light for a reason thin sidewalls if you plan on going off road look at a heavier 3ply sidewall tire.
That's funny coming from a guy that was looking to buy a Subaru over a Jeep.
Ruby Tuesday is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #43
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfschor View Post
I don't believe anyone can go wrong with either lift.
I agree! Sounds like you're set. Good luck, have fun, stay safe!
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #44
Jeeper
 
tontwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday

That's funny coming from a guy that was looking to buy a Subaru over a Jeep.
Those were dark days... I didn't think anyone remember that...caught the jeep bug now... Oh the jeep is great in the snow! To the op I got tires from treadwright if your on a budget take a look
tontwins is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #45
Jeeper
 
rics1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol, Tn
Posts: 4,764
If the 285/75/17 was in the size of a tire I like, I would much rather prefer it myself. I know many don't like the so called pizza cutter but to me they are a much better tire in most situations. Of course there are a few cases that a wider tire helps but for the most part a more narrow tire is much better. Not to mention the rolling resistance is much less and will get better gas mileage

If you like the tire that comes in the 285/75/17, I would go with it myself

__________________
2010 Dark Charcoal Pearl Jeep Wrangler Sport S Automatic
4.88 Yukon w/Trac-Lok rear and Eaton ELocker Front - Synergy Gussets - B&M 70264 Trans Cooler
BDS 3" lift - BDS Fox 2.0 Racing Shocks
XHD front Bumper - Trektop NX - Goodyear MT/R w/Kevlar 35X12.5X15 on MB Chaos 5 Wheels - Thrush Turbo Muffler

Become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
rics1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC