Pulling trigger... - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
5150Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 470
Pulling trigger...

Just found a 10a with everything I want. Dealer is quotting me the exact price i get when i build it on jeep.com. Won't budge. Fair trade value for my vehicle. Is this what you are all finding or is there room? Of course, with the lack of availability...they are kinda in the driver seat.

Any feedback would be great.

5150Rubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jdambm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. louis, Mo
Posts: 902
Images: 6
Send a message via Yahoo to jdambm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150Rubicon View Post
Just found a 10a with everything I want. Dealer is quotting me the exact price i get when i build it on jeep.com. Won't budge. Fair trade value for my vehicle. Is this what you are all finding or is there room? Of course, with the lack of availability...they are kinda in the driver seat.

Any feedback would be great.
Are you a member of treadlightly? Or do you have the affiliate program for work with Chrysler. Those put you at 1 to 2 percent under invoice. End of the month IMO should work to your advantage but if they notice that gleem in your eye they may not deal as well.

jdambm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Swadehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 87
I got my 10a for 2 1/2% under invoice plus free oil changes for God knows how long.

Sticker price was $43,155 - got it for just about 39K even before TTL.
Swadehead is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buster3479's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Lafayete, IN
Posts: 203
You have two problems really. One, you found the one you want with everything you want, and unless you order a 2014, that's going to be hard to duplicate if even possible with another on the lot Jeep. Two, if someone else doesn't snag it, and I repeat if, they should be willing to budge as ordering opens for the 2014's next month.

Good luck, at the end of the day, welcome to the forum and the Jeep world. Even with 2% below invoice, if you're absolutely sure it has everything you want and you're not just settling for it, the debate is over something like $800.
Buster3479 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
The Jeep Life.

WF Supporting Member
 
Cdwright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,002
Right. There are not going to be many more left. I think I read orders are being refused now.
Cdwright is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Swadehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 87
Also, I did not have a trade in, so my price is a real price.

I have also seen guys getting 3% below invoice.

All of us pre-ordered. Not many around on dealer lots that are not spoken for, and the ones that are, are at a premium.
Swadehead is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,575
Images: 13
You are kinda out of luck...and are at the dealer's mercy. Check with your job to see if you are a Chrysler Affilaite member. That will get you to 1% below invoice.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
MCDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 2,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadehead View Post
I got my 10a for 2 1/2% under invoice plus free oil changes for God knows how long.

Sticker price was $43,155 - got it for just about 39K even before TTL.
I thought this when I bought my 2013 JKU. First oil change, come to find out it's 4 oil changes total. Check your warranty to see what you really got.
__________________
Yes, I have a Jeep.
MCDavis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Swadehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDavis View Post
I thought this when I bought my 2013 JKU. First oil change, come to find out it's 4 oil changes total. Check your warranty to see what you really got.

The dealership gave me a coupon book full of free oil change coupons. There were a lot of them, but I did not count them. Guessing around 20 of them or so.
Swadehead is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,575
Images: 13
Check the fine print. My dealer offers free oil changes on vehicles purchased there.....but....they charge you for the (overpriced) oil filter and oil disposal. It works out to about $15.00 OTD, which is still nice, but it isn't exactly free.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
MCDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 2,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadehead View Post
The dealership gave me a coupon book full of free oil change coupons. There were a lot of them, but I did not count them. Guessing around 20 of them or so.
Jeep gives you "2 years" of free oil changes (truly free), but qualifies it as a maximum of 4. If your dealer gave you coupons, it's something they're doing and a better deal than what Jeep offers.
__________________
Yes, I have a Jeep.
MCDavis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jdambm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. louis, Mo
Posts: 902
Images: 6
Send a message via Yahoo to jdambm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDavis View Post
Jeep gives you "2 years" of free oil changes (truly free), but qualifies it as a maximum of 4. If your dealer gave you coupons, it's something they're doing and a better deal than what Jeep offers.
How exactly.does that work? I did not see this
jdambm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
MCDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 2,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdambm View Post
How exactly.does that work? I did not see this
It's tied to your VIN #. Basically, you're first 4 oil changes are free no matter what dealer you take it to because it's from Jeep. I bought mine out of town, but it's being serviced in town. Already had 1 done, and they knew about it before I told them.

Go to Jeep.com and look at the offers for your vehicle. This will be one of them.
__________________
Yes, I have a Jeep.
MCDavis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #14
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jdambm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. louis, Mo
Posts: 902
Images: 6
Send a message via Yahoo to jdambm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDavis View Post
It's tied to your VIN #. Basically, you're first 4 oil changes are free no matter what dealer you take it to because it's from Jeep. I bought mine out of town, but it's being serviced in town. Already had 1 done, and they knew about it before I told them.

Go to Jeep.com and look at the offers for your vehicle. This will be one of them.
That is awesome info mcdavis i will check into it thank you for sharing

jdambm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC